• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 6 - The Final Showdown - Olyphant & Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
All caught up.

I don't know what I did to deserve a season finale this good, but I'll take it. What an spectacular send off for a show. Gripping tension in each episode, wonderful performances from old and new characters and the tightest writing since the show started. Such a refreshing all around class act.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
All caught up.

I don't know what I did to deserve a season finale this good, but I'll take it. What an spectacular send off for a show. Gripping tension in each episode, wonderful performances from old and new characters and the tightest writing since the show started. Such a refreshing all around class act.

Season's still going brah!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm just watching each episode as if it were the last. I feel like I'm saying goodbye to Justified already, I can't shake the bittersweet feeling of knowing that this is the end.

/rolls into comfy blanket

RangersFan

I really wasn't loving this season as much as the rest of you all, but that episode was great. Wynn Duffy was the rat I knew it.

I normally don't like neat, cliched happy endings but I would be perfectly ok with Raylan leaving the field-work behind (for Quantico?) to go chill with his family and Boyd going down (death or prison).

Ava can go jump off a bridge for all I care.

phaze

Another really great episode. The new cowboy guy is insanely creepy. I kind of hope he will get Gutterson'd from the back or side while he's second away from his dream duel with Raylan.

For the first time since very long, Boyd managed to show a bit more sympathetic side to him.

Gaz_RB

All caught up.

You scared the shit out of me. I thought you meant the last episode was the finale.

Frog-fu

Banned
Jonathan Tucker made his episode all the more enjoyable. He's nothing short of amazing in Kingdom, simply blows everyone else away.

Jonathan Tucker made his episode all the more enjoyable. He's nothing short of amazing in Kingdom, simply blows everyone else away.
Yep, he is a lot of fun to watch. Same can be said for several major and minor cast members on this show. Jeff Fahey getting a ton of screen time is great, too. He was a blast in Planet Terror.

1228705951_2.jpg

New episode tonight:
Sounds like more of the same, but I'll be there with bells on :)

- Matt Zoller Seitz: Justified’s Unexpected Social Commentary Propels the Show to TV’s Elite Ranks
But the deeper struggle in season six is the struggle for the soul of Harlan County — and it’s here that the show’s Western- and gangster-film mythologies subtly blend to create something that is, for Justified, quite unexpected: social commentary. There’s a low-level sense of continual upheaval: The world is changing, but the people are unwilling or unable to change with it. The characters are intoxicated by nostalgia and legend, but the show itself sees through them, even though its constant invocation of Kentucky’s past as a mining economy and the loving shots of dilapidated shacks and covered bridges suggest otherwise. Modernity is growing over tradition like kudzu, and from the very start, Justified has been hip to this process. The show’s main theme, “Long Hard Times to Come,” by Gangstagrass and T.O.N.E-z, lays rap over hip-hop backbeats over bluegrass guitar and banjo. Raylan wears a Stetson and is known for his quick draw, but he communicates with his girlfriend and their child via Skype and conducts most of his important business via cell phone, and when he teases a young wannabe gunfighter named Boon (Jonathan Tucker) by invoking John Wayne, the kid blankly says, “I don’t know who that is.” “He was a movie cowboy,” Raylan replies.

I had to pause the last episode on the part where Duffy pretended to call Boyd, I couldn't stop laughing. Jere Burns is the motherfucking man.

I'm going to miss this show so much.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
"I'm just saying, last time we tried something like this we ended up with his underwear."

I wonder if that's the kind of hat Elmore Leonard thought Raylan wore.
He doesn't wear the exact one that Leonard has him wear in the book, but he said he'd let it go.

Before the show:
There appears to be movement toward getting a Raylan Givens TV series on cable. I’m all for it but they better get Raylan’s hat right this time. In the TV movie, Pronto, they gave poor James LeGros a George Strait hat that looked like it was ready to take off. The real Raylan hat is what Elmore calls, 'The Dallas Businessman’s Special'—a felt city cowboy hat called the Stetson 'Open Road'—Accept no substitute.

EDIT: After the show aired:
On Raylan as a contemporary Old West hero: The critics have been calling Raylan a cowboy with his hat. The hat came unexpectedly [with the show]. I had described kind of a businessman’s Stetson, a smaller Stetson. The one all the cops were wearing when Jack Ruby shot [Lee Harvey Oswald].

But evidently he found his own hat and design. It’s perfect. I don’t see him bareheaded. He seems to need a hat to define who he is.

Top Bottom