• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Full Metal Panic! S4
HOPE

Gonna be a good 2015 with FMP S4, K-On S3, Haruhi S3, Nichijou S2 and Hyouka S2.

8e2g5scy.gif

No, please be more specific.
No, please be more specific or they'll give us No-End Nine.

I don't think we have to worry about that

StayDead

Haruhi was the show that properly got me into anime. I watched it just after I started learning Japanese and although I'd seen one of the .hacks before it wasn't until Haruhi when I got into loads of other stuff, if it wasn't for haruhi I'd probably not be here now hah.

Haruhi was the show that properly got me into anime. I watched it just after I started learning Japanese and although I'd seen one of the .hacks before it wasn't until Haruhi when I got into loads of other stuff, if it wasn't for haruhi I'd probably not be here now hah.

Awesome! Shana and Angel Beats got me out of my FMA/FMP loop :3

It's pretty clean, especially for anime. What kind of things are you worried about? I know of people who's supposedly showed their kids Chobits, so...

Well, since you asked...

My primary concern is nudity. I've seen a lot of anime where casual nudity/fanservice is just tossed out there in random episodes or scenes. In fact, that pic just posted reminds me of an almost identical fanservicey shot from Project A-ko where you could see through A-ko's top in the sunlight right after she woke up (though it was technically changed in the final film, but there were other scenes like it later).

Extreme weirdness or fetishes are also a concern... while I thought Koi Kaze had an interesting and somewhat respectful approach to a risque topic, I don't think I would watch it now that I have a family running about the house. Anything loaded with panty shots, for example, are also a concern, even though I have never found anything titillating about them personally.

Obviously, anything graphically superviolent would not be acceptable either, but I didn't perceive K-On! would have anything of the sort.

And as far as Chobits goes, I wouldn't even watch the anime now that I've read the manga in full...yeesh.

There's some light cosplay. No nudity or real panty shots. The drawing above is fanmade.

Cosplay stuff should be fine, I have friends/acquaintances that are way into it. I knew the drawing was fanart...it's a good picture, but looks different from the anime stills I've seen. Thanks for the info! Where can I find the show? Or is this a "home video only" series at this late hour?

LayLa

Well, since you asked...

My primary concern is nudity. I've seen a lot of anime where casual nudity/fanservice is just tossed out there in random episodes or scenes. In fact, that pic just posted reminds me of an almost identical fanservicey shot from Project A-ko where you could see through A-ko's top in the sunlight right after she woke up (though it was technically changed in the final film, but there were other scenes like it later).

Extreme weirdness or fetishes are also a concern... while I thought Koi Kaze had an interesting and somewhat respectful approach to a risque topic, I don't think I would watch it now that I have a family running about the house. Anything loaded with panty shots, for example, are also a concern, even though I have never found anything titillating about them personally.

Obviously, anything graphically superviolent would not be acceptable either, but I didn't perceive K-On! would have anything of the sort.

there are beach episodes where the characters wear bikinis. There are two or three occasions where jokes are made about relative boob size. In one episode one of the girls hints that she might be interested in other girls. there are no pantyshots, indeed the one time that it happens for plot reasons(!) in the manga is neatly sidestepped in the anime. i'm really stretching to think of anything that could be offensive tbh

Cosplay stuff should be fine, I have friends/acquaintances that are way into it. I knew the drawing was fanart...it's a good picture, but looks different from the anime stills I've seen. Thanks for the info! Where can I find the show? Or is this a "home video only" series at this late hour?

Season 2 and the movie (set after S2) is up on Hulu. Season 1 is home video only.

Top Bottom