• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay Chet, I'm here. You win. :lol

Hey everyone. Just finished the series, and Chet's been twisting my arm, so I decided it's probably time I joined in the fun in this thread. :lol Still have the movie to go, can't wait to watch it.

Okay Chet, I'm here. You win. :lol

Hey everyone. Just finished the series, and Chet's been twisting my arm, so I decided it's probably time I joined in the fun in this thread. :lol Still have the movie to go, can't wait to watch it.

Hey, there you are! I was going to reply in the Arrested Development topic that you should stop by the K-ON!! thread, but here you are already :D

Amishpriest and I both have Warriors Orochi 3 on PSN. We should play sometime :3

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hey, there you are! I was going to reply in the Arrested Development topic that you should stop by the K-ON!! thread, but here you are already :D

Amishpriest and I both have Warriors Orochi 3 on PSN. We should play sometime :3

Aw shit, that'd be great. Thing is, you can only play stages online that you've already cleared solo (which I've done for every stage. I've got like 180 hours in that goddamn game. :lol). But as long as that's not a problem, hell, I'm up for it sometime. Always up for some musou!

MikeMyers

I watched a few eps of AD, ironically I found the Cera in love with his cousin storyline to be the funniest.

Aw shit, that'd be great. Thing is, you can only play stages online that you've already cleared solo (which I've done for every stage. I've got like 180 hours in that goddamn game. :lol). But as long as that's not a problem, hell, I'm up for it sometime. Always up for some musou!

Of course! I'm on Chapter 4 now, almost complete with the Story, still have all the DLC to play through as well! Musashi, Kojiro and Motochika are my favorites (Ha, I'm a Samurai Warrior guy xD)

I watched a few eps of AD, ironically I found the Cera in love with his cousin storyline to be the funniest.

There's always money in the Banana stand! Keep at it, Maeby is hilarious, I love her, especially later in the series. I'm so excited for the new episodes. :D

Theonik

Needs an eyepatch.
Needs a mech
iAiOX1qzt5emL.png

Articalys

Take it as you will, but a brief impression from someone who already got their copy of the movie:
I got my copy and it's mostly good. The translation is a little goofed up again. 30 minutes into the film when
Yui suggests asking Muttan what Azunyan wants
. In both the sub and dub scripts, it's been translated as
Mud Stain
. It's not a reason to not purchase, but it should be noted. Also, to my chagrin, they didn't translate Yui's shirts. Honorifics have disappeared, too. I'm going to review season 2 to make sure, but I believe season 2 kept in all the Mugi-chan and Mio-chan and the like. No translator was given credit for this movie. In retrospect, a translator that Sentai regularly contracts should have been put in charge of the subtitle script. Mini cultural notes could have been used to explain puns. More faithful translations of puns and words like the above-mentioned could have been kept in the script.
Long story short, between this and numerous complains about other series' releases having video and audio problems, it seems that Sentai is starting to take on more than it can handle. Shame.

cjkeats

Take it as you will, but a brief impression from someone who already got their copy of the movie:

Long story short, between this and numerous complains about other series' releases having video and audio problems, it seems that Sentai is starting to take on more than it can handle. Shame.

They got rid of Honorifics? I'm okay with that in the dub, it sounded horrible there. I'm indifferent in the subtitles.
But sounds like it's a bummer translation huh? That's a shame.

Stark

Banned
Noooooooo :( Mine did that back when Red Dead came out. I've never been sadder over the loss of a game console. RIP backwards compatible PS3.

Yeah. :( Sucks because I do not have sufficient funds atm. I can't even do EB's trade-in thing anymore, I think.

Doesn't really work that well with Azunyan.
She's no Mio.
The Persona thread produced something amazing!

And I was google image searching K-on! X Persona and I got linked here. We've arrived guys.
The Persona thread is just stealing from us.

Besides the Guitar name thing, I don't see anything bad there. My number one complaint about the dub of the first and second seasons is the overuse of honorifics and other Japanese words.
Though now I wanna know what they do with the Londoners. I wonder if I should spoil myself or not on that...

N-new people... :3
But now she has a fear of falling!
Poor, poor Mio. Never a winner.

They're outlaws spreading the joys of fuwa fuwa time!
Though most music videos make no sense.
that's so dumb
And yeah, most of them really do make no sense in the context of the lyrics. :lol

Was it the scene where
Sawako is stripping Mio down?
No! But they are Sawa-chan related. I just made them with the subs intact because it's impossible to do otherwise.

So many new people, and hopefully with my return to IRC people start surpassing me in posts.
Don't worry, Palu, I've now surpassed you and will soon overthrow Chet for the greater good.

Sighh PS3 got YLOD. ;_;
I fear the day when one of my consoles die. ):

Poor, poor Mio. Never a winner.

Always a winner!

No! But they are Sawa-chan related. I just made them with the subs intact because it's impossible to do otherwise.
Her sneaking into the house?
Maple leaf?

Don't worry, Palu, I've now surpassed you and will soon overthrow Chet for the greater good.
Ha.
That's what happens at exam time!

Are you sure? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

Stark

Banned
Oh, how is it so far? I still need to finish some others but Rewrite has been on my VN "to play" list for a while.

Quite good. I'm not too far in since this is a 50+ hour VN according to vndb. But I'm enjoying the fantasy x SOL mix a lot more than I thought I would. As for the girls, if you like any of the previous KEY characters, I think you'll be fine.
Go for Kanbe Kotori
!!

Definitely give it a shot though and if you haven't yet, check out Little Busters!

Kotori:
xfjWmoU.jpg

Sucks when you run out of warranty, too. PS4 isn't backwards compatible either, so I can't justify waiting for that yet. :(

At least it gives me time to continue:
http://i.imgur.com/KbUgKHW.jpg[IMG]
Rewrite![/QUOTE]
Eyepatch and the black haired girl sitting down seem like the best.

[quote="Chet Rippo, post: 56836090"]Always a winner![/QUOTE]
In terms of being amazing, yes, she is always a winner!

[quote="Chet Rippo, post: 56836090"]Ha.[/QUOTE]
I'm coming for you!

[quote="Chet Rippo, post: 56836090"]Her sneaking into the house?
Maple leaf?[/QUOTE]
Maple leaf! And...

[B]K-On 07[/B]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibrAa214uiCHeU.gif

This episode was pretty nice. Very laid back but lots of fun. Yui and Ui are, like, the best siblings ever. ;_; I audibly "awwww'd" during that first scene with the White Christmas and when Yui shared her scarf/Ui held Yui's glove-less hand. The shopping scenes were pretty funny as well, Ritsu always picking on Mio. ;_; And Mugi giving up her trip to Hawaii for a board game... she's so rich, jesus! The party was one of my favorite things in the series thus far due to how wacky it was, mostly due to Sawa-chan! The Santa outfit she made and had Yui and Mio wear, the dream ninja antics, maple leaf, etc...

Anyway, another good episode! Really enjoying this series.

iTo0dtljloQwL.gif

In terms of being amazing, yes, she is always a winner!
Exactly!

I'm coming for you!
Ha!

K-On 07

This episode was pretty nice. Very laid back but lots of fun. Yui and Ui are, like, the best siblings ever. ;_; I audibly "awwww'd" during that first scene with the White Christmas and when Yui shared her scarf/Ui held Yui's glove-less hand. The shopping scenes were pretty funny as well, Ritsu always picking on Mio. ;_; And Mugi giving up her trip to Hawaii for a board game... she's so rich, jesus! The party was one of my favorite things in the series thus far due to how wacky it was, mostly due to Sawa-chan! The Santa outfit she made and had Yui and Mio wear, the dream ninja antics, maple leaf, etc...

Anyway, another good episode! Really enjoying this series.
A lot of people who don't like this show like to point out this episode as being about nothing, so if you love it, you're going to love the rest of the show.
I like this episode as well.

Labrys

Quite good. I'm not too far in since this is a 50+ hour VN according to vndb. But I'm enjoying the fantasy x SOL mix a lot more than I thought I would. As for the girls, if you like any of the previous KEY characters, I think you'll be fine.
Go for Kanbe Kotori
!!

Definitely give it a shot though and if you haven't yet, check out Little Busters!

Ah, thanks! I really enjoyed Clannad, so I'll give it a go.
I also need to play Little Busters, my friend has been singing its praises for the past month or so.

Only VN's I've ever played were 999 and VLR. Loved them to death (bwahaha) What are some other good ones to start with?

I enjoyed Yume Miru Kusuri and Saya no Uta, and they were two of my starting ones. Previously stated, Katawa Shoujo is also very good.

Stark

Banned
Ah, thanks! I really enjoyed Clannad, so I'll give it a go.
I also need to play Little Busters, my friend has been singing its praises for the past month or so.

I enjoyed Yume Miru Kusuri and Saya no Uta, and they were two of my starting ones. Previously stated, Katawa Shoujo is also very good.

I found LB! to be my favorite of the two, so I'd like to hear from you about it when you do. :D

I think he'd also like Ever17 consdering it's by the same team/director?

Labrys

I found LB! to be my favorite of the two, so I'd like to hear from you about it when you do. :D

I think he'd also like Ever17 consdering it's by the same team/director?

Will do!

And, yeah, I forgot about Ever17, but it has the same writer as Zero Escape so he'd like it as well. The rest of the Ever series is also good.

Top Bottom