• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT3| Keep on Keep on Singing Songs!

yes indeed 100% Alter.
Thats english for "not cheap"

ly0rh2lgds7s.gif

So it looks like redundancy is a real thing - the team at my level is being crushed from six designers... to one! Or rather, those five roles are being offshored to India for someone else to worry about all the work...

No means to argue your case through interview - we're all being put through a cold-hearted scoring matrix. I firmly believe I'm one of the five to go as other designers are flat out in comparison, tbh I wouldn't want to be the one person left onshore to handle the myriad of issues as a result of the potential fallout.

I'll find out on the 16th, but don't wish me luck to keep my job - I actually want to take the money and run :)

So it looks like redundancy is a real thing - the team at my level is being crushed from six designers... to one! Or rather, those five roles are being offshored to India for someone else to worry about all the work...

No means to argue your case through interview - we're all being put through a cold-hearted scoring matrix. I firmly believe I'm one of the five to go as other designers are flat out in comparison, tbh I wouldn't want to be the one person left onshore to handle the myriad of issues as a result of the potential fallout.

I'll find out on the 16th, but don't wish me luck to keep my job - I actually want to take the money and run :)

Ahh :\

Well I do wish you luck on finding a great new job!

Wow. Dealing with offshored resources can be a pain so not sure being the last person onshore will be any fun.

cajunator

Banned

Aww *hugs
Youll land on your feet elsewhere buddy!

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it goes, but I think it'll be a good thing after the dust settles.

Chances are I'll have to do a knowledge transfer which can take anywhere up to 6 months (but probably won't), so I won't have to hit up the recruiting agencies just yet...

tumblr_miqfcnk4aQ1r9jj8yo5_500.gif

Top Bottom