• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronok

IU going low-key with the makeup for Japan showcase

h3bu6wpp.png

Short news footage:http://youtu.be/oGPsphIMPkg

Also impeccable taste: " Also, in response to the question about which Japanese idol she looks up to, she said, "I would like to meet Utada Hikaru.""

I would have preferred her to answer with Yui, I've never been much of an Utada fan unfortunately. lol In fact, if IU went on stage with Yui for a duet (one of Yui's acoustic songs) I think I'd be in heaven.

Alta1r

i bet they just perform and get the handshake as the credits roll deal most music artist get

Yeah, I doubt they'll get couch time with Letterman. And I hope they don't. I don't think the image they play up for Korea would fly too well with Letterman's audience.

No, I seem to remember seeing her run at a previous sports show. She's fucking slow lol

Lol. It's that attitude. I can't imagine her being fast at anything.

tumblr_lybpr3yxlN1rnipoao1_r1_250.gif
tumblr_lybpr3yxlN1rnipoao4_250.gif

Alta1r

Result: An amazing opportunity is wasted on a messy campaign.

Quit being so pessimistic. It doesn't matter if it's "messy" as long as it's successful. Nothing ever really works out clean and smooth like it's diagrammed out anyway. They're already selling out whatever concerts they put on out here. A little exposure to other markets that have probably never heard of them, i.e. Kelly Show and Letterman audiences, will get them into people's heads, and they'll be primed to drop a very America-friendly single. Otherwise they'll go back to making their millions back at home.

So long as there is no Soshi Teen Nick movie, I am so chilled out about this.

That would burn me up. It's cool laughing at the Wonder Girls doing it, but I would die.

Loll.

Tell me you wouldn't love it if Sooyoung grabbed the mic and adlibbed about black men.

LOL. You know, in an odd way, that would probably be the best thing for them. It would make them a youtube hit, get them some publicity, and then they'd be able to sell random shit just for being famous like Kim Kardashian after her sex tape.

tumblr_lybgwdWZVN1r7posxo1_r1_250.gif
tumblr_lybgwdWZVN1r7posxo2_r1_250.gif

Fafnir

Awesome news that Soshi will appear on Letterman and that Kelly show. Hopefully they get some couch time but more than likely they will just perform at the end of the shows. It will be interesting to see what mainstream America's reaction will be to them. Next up on my wishlist for Soshi dominance of America will be performing at the MTV Music Awards!

3TGyE.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That MV was ridiculous. Like however Love Is Move was trying way too hard in a feminine conext, this is equally trying too hard in a masculine context.

I do like their rapper. If he's that good live, he's one of the best in any idol group.

Peru

I may like Bang Yong Gook & ZELO better but Warrior is still pretty good. Not that original but delivered with conviction. A bit try hard in the video, as Dice points out.

BEAST continue with the latin touch.. works pretty well. Light and nice rnb tune.

I'm beginning to like Sistar. Slippery slope...

Is Live with Kelly a popular show in America? because SNSD are appearing on it next Wednesday:

RGFes.jpg

http://www.interbridge.com/lineupsdate.html#2/1/12

Epic Engrish incoming. Don't let FierceYetGentleKoreanSummerBlossomHyoyeon talk!

There's also Hyunahthehottest and empresschoisooyoung that come to mind.

No.

nonono.
NO!

You don't get to do that, this word structure is reserved EXCLUSIVELY for PerfectHyo! >:O

Deadly

That MV was ridiculous. Like however Love Is Move was trying way too hard in a feminine context, this is equally trying too hard in a masculine context.
I was thinking the same. It's abit like too much.
No.
nonono.
NO!
You don't get to do that, this word structure is reserved EXCLUSIVELY for PerfectHyo! >:O
hahaha don't blame me tell them! I still don't know if they even post in the thread.

Alta1r

Next up on my wishlist for Soshi dominance of America will be performing at the MTV Music Awards!

That would be something. If they can get Gaga to feature on one of their songs their American domination would become inevitable.

This must be what Sica fanboys dream about dreaming about.

http://youtu.be/P5ahs9JVIA0?t=3m3s

click for gif
M1n3b.png

Lol, that poor gf. She doesn't even get an explanation, just a "bitch please" hand to the face. Although lets be honest here I would do the same thing for Sica. Unless the current gf was Yoona, lol.

tumblr_lycpgot8xC1r9yv76o1_500.gif

Peru

Nope, night time.

It's actually got pretty quirky and different characters, certainly the genuinely goofy-looking lead actress (pretty as she is, normally, except also a boxing champion) is a romantic main character we don't see that much, but the execution is lacking and after four episodes I had lost all interest. Will check out Jessica cuts on yt from now on.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
He's not dead because her having a boyfriend means I get a girlfriend.

Naeun, of course. Message to asshole: A Pink (and the fact you only got the back of Hammie's head) saved you this time... but watch yourself. You could at least pretend to have some measure of dignity/manners.

Alta1r

Lol. She's got some ninja reflexes. Soyeon would have been halfway making out before she realized what was happening and tried to turn away.

tumblr_lycw8aCvzC1r4bx1ro6_250.gif

Peru

Soyeon has found the way to survive as a T-ara member: Preserve energy at every opportunity. This includes staying completely expressionless at all times... which in turn makes her the best dead-panner in k-pop

:(

She look adorable on crutches tho

bg7Ff.jpg

holy shit, for a second there it looked like she was missing her foot.....

This version of Sunny needs to come back.....this is goddess tier Sunny.....this is top 3 in the world Sunny....

I want you back so much :'(

Soyeon has found the way to survive as a T-ara member: Preserve energy at every opportunity. This includes staying completely expressionless at all times... which in turn makes her the best dead-panner in k-pop

And I laughed wayyyyyy too hard at this....lmao

At least BAP are one of the few borrowing from both krump, and turfing. It's like a semi-creative lack of originality.

Track's cool, though.

Spot on.

http://cfile24.uf.tistory.com/media/1209E4494F1C2D122353E6
http://cfile7.uf.tistory.com/image/1942C1434EF81808321C87

181DE3414F1CCC5F1ABF61

183E2C384F1FA1A62E651A

18478E4D4F1CCFFC25EB81

203E2C384F1FA1BA30EC6E

Peru

What if they brought those outfits to ol' Dave...

History of the Salaryman episode 7:

Thrilling, action-packed, hysterically funny, tense - how can this show have everything and nail everything? So far, no missteps. 7 episodes of crazy comedy, a spy thriller's nerve, amazing characters, heart.

Ronok

What if they brought those outfits to ol' Dave...

History of the Salaryman episode 7:

Thrilling, action-packed, hysterically funny, tense - how can this show have everything and nail everything? So far, no missteps. 7 episodes of crazy comedy, a spy thriller's nerve, amazing characters, heart.

Is there anyone subbing it atm?

JKTrix

I watched the first subbed episode when I saw they were going to be guests on Running Man, so there are probably people who are doing all of them.

My problem with KDramas though is that each episode is so darn long.

Ranvier

·feist·;34562318 said:

Dat Yuri belly.

I'm really worried about this American stint. It's like worlds colliding man. When one group of friends meet another. I rather they just keep that shit separate.

Peru

Worst thing that'll happen is Dave makes an inappropriate joke after the performance and sensitive netizens react... wait, that's actually pretty likely.

Ranvier

When are they on Dave? That perv better keep away from Hyo and Yuri.

I feel like they should all stand in of mics and just sing. Yeah I know Kpop is 85 percent dancing but in America I think it would be better if they just sing. Show that some have pretty good voices. There are too many soshis. If they dance I'm afraid they will look no better then the groups they sometimes bring in from America's got talent to preform in the last act. Or worse yet, America's best dance crew.

*shudder.

SNSD is better then that. If you are just exposed to one performance of the engrish version of the boys they will come off as cheesy. You need to get exposed to the variety to truly appreciate them.

Peru

How is standing still in front of a mic a solution to that? That would be the worst idea ever, and one of the big mistakes JYP did promoting WG. Not that they're known for their dancing, but their US TV performance showed off none of the fun they're capable of.

The whole point should be to show off what's special about k-pop. High-energy live performances are part of that.

Ranvier

True but there is a cultural divide here. If you come out with high energy stuff like that combined with those lyrics it's going to be seen in the same category as Justin beiber. They need to eatablish themselves as a vocally talented group that is able to have catchy songs first, then come in with crazy dances and costumes. Like lady gaga or Rihanna.

Just don't interview them. I feel like Americans expect their musicians to be overly mature to a point where it doesn't even suit their age. And Koreans want them to display a childlike innocence and immaturity kinda like Peter pan and never land. Don't want them to grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom