• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Got to catch up on Idol Sports today.

othl3l00pcl.gif

Peru

It's almost weird to see CL in a setting with other girl group members. Taeyeon should know what to expect from that question.

Dat Yuri belly.
That commitment to exercise.
You know who's on the list of celebs whose work-out routines need to be emulated?

Jung Ah

tumblr_lx3q5k7fuE1r4ehlr.gif

2011 MBC 가요대제전 댄스퍼포먼스 정아(애프터스쿨) 직캠
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hO9ZysOEUg

2011 MBC가요대제전 무대 올라가기전 연습중인 정아 직캠
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04hMl-rHTas

2011 MBC 가요대제전 shampoo 정아(애프터스쿨) 직캠
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-itvWmv2-Q

Genetics help, but you don't get that from starving. Assuming the Taecyeons, and Jong Kooks of the world are foreign substance-free, they're obviously up there as well.

Peru

Kahi and Jungah probably try to beat each other's sit up record every morning. Damn she's fit, though, makes you forget her fixed nose.

Ashhong

Nah.. some decent tracks on the BAP EP as well.

87148438.jpg

Ah, didn't check out the EP. I'll check it out, but the rapper's voice is annoying. I refuse to believe his voice is naturally like that. It's like 2x deeper than TOPs.

Can someone link to the Idol Sports with SNSD if its subbed? please and thank you

Alta1r

Just don't interview them. I feel like Americans expect their musicians to be overly mature to a point where it doesn't even suit their age. And Koreans want them to display a childlike innocence and immaturity kinda like Peter pan and never land. Don't want them to grow up.

Yeah, this is why I don't want them on the couch with Dave. The sweet, innocent, overly-smiley image might fly with the stay at home moms watching Kelly, but probably not with Letterman's audience.

JungAh puts everything into that dancing.

y7aTZ.gif
ueYTT.gif
BYSUN.gif
kWRem.gif

Dayam. She's pretty cute.

Is there anyone subbing it atm?

DramaFever is.

Alas
PbEwm.png

My problem with KDramas though is that each episode is so darn long.

What I do sometimes if I feel a kdrama is dragging on, is that I play some game on the side. A turn based game like Civilization is perfect for this. So basically most of the time when I watch kdrama, I play something at the same time. ;)

Dat Yuri belly.

First thing I noticed. That and Tiffany being too classy too frolic.

I'm really worried about this American stint. It's like worlds colliding man. When one group of friends meet another. I rather they just keep that shit separate.

I am mostly worried about what trying to achieve success in Western markets would entail. I assume that would mean more singing in English, which I could definitely live without. Exceptions like Diamond is okay, but what I mostly want from SNSD from the future is more songs like Genie, RDR, etc. Not more songs like The Boys, which I may have grown to like more than I did when I first heard it, but it is still inferior to their older songs in my opinion.

Who is #1 and #3 from the right?

Got to catch up on Idol Sports today.

Is it subbed by anyone?

Woori?

Conceptor

Er beaten by Sal.

Ash, the last Soshi variety resembling some kind of sport that they did would probably have to be that Dream Team special.. Can't think of anything recent otherwise

Alta1r

True but there is a cultural divide here. If you come out with high energy stuff like that combined with those lyrics it's going to be seen in the same category as Justin beiber. They need to eatablish themselves as a vocally talented group that is able to have catchy songs first, then come in with crazy dances and costumes. Like lady gaga or Rihanna.

You know, the more I think about this, the more I think you might be right. Their best bet might be the Disney Channel cause they're not going to out-sex anything the Letterman audience has easy access to, i.e. Britney, Rihanna, etc. and they're not going to out-dance technically any of these America's Got Talent acts, at least not as a whole group. But standing and singing...I don't know about that.. Maybe the couch is the best bet, lol.

tumblr_lydufqV0kq1qccg08.jpg
tumblr_lydufxdqdt1qccg08.jpg

Ashhong

Er beaten by Sal.

Ash, the last Soshi variety resembling some kind of sport that they did would probably have to be that Dream Team special.. Can't think of anything recent otherwise

No dammit, someone posted a link in here talking about it I swear! I will find it and prove you all wrong

edit: lame, apparently it was just talking about that akkagi game thing :(

Edgeward

That is fucking blasphemy to think at any point in time or angle Boram could be Goddess Nana

uNPlo.jpg

YNF8I.gif

0h3mT.gif

Gonna finish the rest of idol sports. Nice of them to basically cut it up into male and females segments so I can skip the male parts. I don't recognize 95% of them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Woori won later? I only saw when she (barely) lost to the girl from Nine Muses who is way taller than her.

Alta1r

I'm probably familiar with a lot of slang you guys aren't aware of.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ill nana

Craziness! Guess you do learn something new every day.

I gotta say, I would find it pretty disturbing to use a word that is most commonly used to refer to a sweet old lady to describe a girl's badass vagina.

Lol, as long as your nana's not sick you're fine. It's only the illest of the ill nanas that get the slang.

filler

Banned
I've never used "nana" to refer to my grandmothers and don't really know anybody that does. I've heard it used that way on TV and in movies though.

Ashhong

I've never used "nana" to refer to my grandmothers and don't really know anybody that does. I've heard it used that way on TV and in movies though.

Yea I don't use it either but I've heard it on TV so much that it is immediately what I think about. If I start thinking about a sweet old lady while having sex I am going to kill you filler.

Dice

Then just turn it to think of Mary Poppins. That's another kind of nana and Julie Andrews wasn't bad.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Then just turn it to think of Mary Poppins. That's another kind of nana and Julie Andrews wasn't bad.

1960's Andrews or 2010+ Andrews?

Definitely worth reposting. Goddamn I forgot how sexy she is. What's up with After School and/or Orange Caramel these days?

OC just finished promoting Shanghai Romance not too long ago. They also released "Funny Honey"

After School is promoting in Japan right now. Their comeback is scheduled for March! WOOOOOOOOOOo

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Sebulon3k aka swag aka amazing Lizzy avatar pointed out that Youtube's player got "bigger" i guess? Takes up most of the screen now. Pretty cool.

Dice

Sebulon3k aka swag aka amazing Lizzy avatar pointed out that Youtube's player got "bigger" i guess? Takes up most of the screen now. Pretty cool.
The old mode is still there if you click the size button, but yeah the new version is nice. If I can get 720p on that larger size, that's enough for most vids. If it's only 480p it's much better than going fullscreen yet still better than the small form.

In Filler's defense, nana has been in use long before Foxy Brown showed up. While I don't use any of them, it's no different than punani, snatch, or any other colloquialism of that type.

Gotta say, when you see the word ghetto used, like in relation to Eunjung's hair, it's not entirely surprising that not everyone would be familiar with nana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom