• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Revenger > I Love You, I Love You > Leggo > Party Rock > Dirty

Pretty good... O_O

edit. bomi and namjoo looking the best? who woulda thought..

1OA1w.png

Peru

Holy shit. I'm listening to Miryo's album over my speakers for the first time and it's amaaaaaazinnnnnggggg!

Allkpop claims Miryo produced her own songs. Haven't found credits backing this up, but she did buy her own studio in 2010. Probably in collab with some other producers, though.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
So what do you guys think about SPICA? Stupid name for a group but I really like the song they came out with about a month ago. The one with Hyori in the MV. They're releasing their debut song/mv on Wednesday so I'm looking forward to that, along with EXID. Good month for debuts.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
E-I-PIN-KEU! @______________________________@

So these Taeyeon aegyo gifs on tumblr from whatever drama... Wow, she can not do forced aegyo at all. Interesting, since she is the goddess of natural aegyo.

So what do you guys think about SPICA? Stupid name for a group but I really like the song they came out with about a month ago. The one with Hyori in the MV. They're releasing their debut song/mv on Wednesday so I'm looking forward to that, along with EXID. Good month for debuts.

I liked that song too, the teaser for Russian Roulette seems to indicate a sound that is similar so I have high hopes. It's interesting to see all members of Five Girls becoming involved in the industry after their disbandment.

ixUDKetQjrsao.gif

izj9dUxPAzkkW.gif

ibpURLNn3Z2Fh3.gif

ijldX0hvMG4Ce.gif

i4H4FmeOeRFwU.gif

ighE3x7cfqiB6.gif

icwXZthpD1wjP.jpg

iboNzRufoN3Kbj.jpg

Alta1r

I really just want their fangroup to unwittingly start calling themselves spics, lol.

So these Taeyeon aegyo gifs on tumblr from whatever drama... Wow, she can not do forced aegyo at all. Interesting, since she is the goddess of natural aegyo.

Yeah, that was cringe-inducing. And, like Sal mentioned, made her look like she had some sort of mental disorder, lol.

tumblr_lyvob5R9K71r3k0fmo1_r1_500.jpg

lunlunqq

now that i've recovered a bit from the exhausting NYC signing trip, I can share my embarrassing story with you...

I didn't get the wristband in the morning. I arrived at 5:00AM and by that time there were already more 1000 ppl in line. Best Buy people refused to help us. Instead they just tried to drive us away, telling us there was no way we would see the girls without the wristbands and threatening us that if we didn't leave; they'd call the police.

Not willing to give up, I wandered around Union Square the entire day. Finally, at about 5:30PM someone showed up and told us who didn't get the wristbands to line up. We waited another 3 hours in the cold and I barely made it in. I was among the last 20 people that they let into the store. They close the doors right after me...

It felt like you were on a sinking ship and they told you that you are sure to die because they already ran out of lifeboats. Then after over 10 hours of struggle, you somehow managed to get onto the last lifeboat the witnessed the ship sank behind you, with hundreds of people still on it...

Now the best part and the worst part happened inside. They were running late; so the security guy told the last few of us that we had to rush through. When I finally got to the table and saw Tiffany right in front of me and she looked gorgeous... I mean I've seen them on my screen a million times and I've seen them live on stage. But it's nothing like seeing them this close and personal. I was dumbfounded by their beauty and completely forgot what I wanted to say to each girl... The security guy was pressing me to move on all the time and I spent about 1.2 seconds in front of each girl except Yuri and that's it.

I didn't know what I was blabbering throughout the whole process. Only before I reached Taeyeon, I mustered up all my strength and sanity and told her that she is the "Goddess-born." She smiled back like an angle and I'm pretty sure she didn't understand what I said...

Yuri was the last one to sign my poster. And before signing she said a sentence to me and I just couldn't understand it!!! After she's done signing the poster, she looked up to me and said something again. I'm pretty sure it was a sentence, not just two words like "thank you." It might be a question of some sort. And again, I just could NOT fucking understand. And I was so confused; I didn't know how to respond... I just said thank you and left... The ONLY girl who spend more than 2 seconds and tried to speak to me and I fucking blew it... :'(

Anyways, I spent about 20 seconds in total with the girls. However, when I tried to think about what happened on my way out of the store; I could recall much. It just happened minutes ago and my memory is a blurry. I only remembered Tiffany's face when I first saw her, Taeyeon's smile, and Yuri's face when she tried to have a conversation with me. I can barely remember Yoona and Seobaby's faces. For the other members, I couldn't recall any thing. I couldn't tell what they were wearing that night or what hair style they had. All details were lost... It's like I was in an car accident. I knew I just experienced something intense, but couldn't recall any details...

I know I sounded an delusional crazy fan girl. I'm a big guy and I was disappointed at myself, too. That's just what happened. It's the first time in my life that I experienced anything like this... It's still awesome and totally worth it. I will absolutely find another chance to see them in person again in the future. And next time, I will man up, act calm and collected, and get it done like a man. I will probably try to apologize to Yuri, too. Not that she will remember me, I just feel very bad that I couldn't respond to her. She's in my top-tier list now .

Ranvier

Yes, will do the Jiyeon gifs! Busy now though so it'll take a couple of hours. Btw, I uploaded some Jiyeon Heroes gifs that are too big to hotlink @ http://bitamink.tumblr.com/

I don't really follow SNSD but if you have a specific request I'm sure I'll be able to do it if I can find a high quality source video.

Yuri and Hyo, forever and always.

I'll look for HQ videos of them.

milkham

Anyways, I spent about 20 seconds in total with the girls. However, when I tried to think about what happened on my way out of the store; I could recall much. It just happened minutes ago and my memory is a blurry.

i know what you mean haha

Alta1r

Yeah.. you don't need subs for this though: http://youtu.be/RNfmfhOuex0?t=7m48s

Amen. Someone needs to get this woman on more variety shows, although she does seem a bit shy for some of them.

now that i've recovered a bit from the exhausting NYC signing trip, I can share my embarrassing story with you...

Anyways, I spent about 20 seconds in total with the girls. However, when I tried to think about what happened on my way out of the store; I could recall much. It just happened minutes ago and my memory is a blurry. I only remembered Tiffany's face when I first saw her, Taeyeon's smile, and Yuri's face when she tried to have a conversation with me. I can barely remember Yoona and Seobaby's faces. For the other members, I couldn't recall any thing. I couldn't tell what they were wearing that night or what hair style they had. All details were lost... It's like I was in an car accident. I knew I just experienced something intense, but couldn't recall any details...

Haha. You came back with the prize though, it's all good. Just memorize Ranman's 4 word list for next time and you'll be set. Did Yuri try to talk to you in English? Hearing some of her other attempts I don't think I would be able to understand what she said either, lol.

tumblr_lyvq53l11l1r978cko1_500.png

Edgeward

A couple minutes in to Hyorin/Sungmin's segment in Pit A Pat and I already dislike him. WTF, first thing he wants to do is hide in a closet so he can get a peek at the mystery girl first?

Max

I am not Max
n When I finally got to the table and saw Tiffany right in front of me and she looked gorgeous... I mean I've seen them on my screen a million times and I've seen them live on stage. But it's nothing like seeing them this close and personal. I was dumbfounded by their beauty and completely forgot what I wanted to say to each girl...
Flow my jealously with the strength of a thousand typhoons

Maybe they'll visit Vancouver one day

Quadratic

I always had the feeling Hyomin is bat shit crazy. I still love her though :) She would be a super high maintenance girlfriend for sure.

Alta1r

Lol. My question is, where the hell is she? That second picture looks like she's in some bare 6x10 pink-walled prison cell or something.

tumblr_lyvp49BMRn1rol6yno1_500.gif

Who's who?
tumblr_lyvos5ATZT1r8qplpo1_400.jpg

filler

Banned
I always had the feeling Hyomin is bat shit crazy. I still love her though :) She would be a super high maintenance girlfriend for sure.

Wha..? She always seems laid back and willing to make a fool of herself. That doesn't say "high maintenance". Sica on the other hand, is pretty much the definition of "high maintenance". I don't think Hyomin is anything like her at all.

filler

Banned
My Korean tv show backlog seems hopeless to catch up on. There's already so much out there and new stuff is always piling on top of it.

lunlunqq

Haha. You came back with the prize though, it's all good. Just memorize Ranman's 4 word list for next time and you'll be set. Did Yuri try to talk to you in English? Hearing some of her other attempts I don't think I would be able to understand what she said either, lol.

I really couldn't tell if it was English at all. I am Chinese; could she have mistaken me as a Korean and spoke Korean to me? I think it may have something to do with the fact that I was blabbering to Fany that I came all the way from Boston. Maybe she was commenting on that?

Wendel Clark said:
lunlunqq you should've practiced your proposal before you went!
You thought I went in unprepared? I studied that episode of Dangerous Boys and figured out (at least I thought I figured out) how to say "Goddess" in Korean. When I finally faced her, all I could do was reaching both my arms out towards and said those 3 English words: "The. Goddess. Born." in a voice which I think indicates I mean she is a goddess... That's it. Then my mind was overwhelmed again by her smile...

In my defense, at that time, I was physically exhausted and mentally stressed out. I live near Boston. I worked all day Wednesday and took an over-night bus to NYC on Wednesday night. I arrived early in the morning and spent the entire day wandering around in anxiety. By the time of the signing event, I haven't slept for over 30 hours, had only one crappy meal during the day, and stood in the cold for hours. If I were in a better condition, I could have done better.

Another thing is, don't assume that you know how pretty they are just because you've seen the vids and pics. You have no idea. Wait until you meet them in person. I'm sure it's gonna overwhelm all your senses, too.

filler

Banned
I really couldn't tell if it was English at all. I am Chinese; could she have mistaken me as a Korean and spoke Korean to me? I think it may have something to do with the fact that I was blabbering to Fany that I came all the way from Boston. Maybe she was commenting on that?

You thought I went in unprepared? I studied that episode of Dangerous Boys and figured out (at least I thought I figured out) how to say "Goddess" in Korean. When I finally faced her, all I could do was reaching both my arms out towards and said those 3 English words: "The. Goddess. Born." in a voice which I think indicates I mean she is a goddess... That's it. Then my mind was overwhelmed again by her smile...

In my defense, at that time, I was physically exhausted and mentally stressed out. I live near Boston. I worked all day Wednesday and took an over-night bus to NYC on Wednesday night. I arrived early in the morning and spent the entire day wandering around in anxiety. By the time of the signing event, I haven't slept for over 30 hours, had only one crappy meal during the day, and stood in the cold for hours. If I were in a better condition, I could have done better.

Another thing is, don't assume that you know how pretty they are just because you've seen the vids and pics. You have no idea. Wait until you meet them in person. I'm sure it's gonna overwhelm all your senses, too.

Did you say anything to PerfectHyo?

Alta1r

Haha, did you really prepare goddess born from DB? That's awesome. And yeah, I bet they're killer in real life.

Kahi, Nana, and Bekah. I don't know what MBC show - but I will totally watch it if anybody knows or can find out.

Should have told Tiff - NEOGAF, COMMUNITY SECTION, HIT US UP

Hahaha, Sal what would you do if she actually dropped by for a visit? And yeah, at the risk of giving the OT thread some more ammo, I'm, uh, interested in watching this show as well.

So I haven't found the DH2 episode yet, but just found the Bora madness again. And that boy band punch. All these fuckups. LOL, this never gets old.

Who? And what is this from?

Kahi, Nana, and Bekah. I don't know what MBC show - but I will totally watch it if anybody knows or can find out.

It's from After School's "PlayGirlz School". All episodes with subs at http://ithetimes.wordpress.com/mbc-every1-after-school-playgirlz-school-eng-sub/
I highly recommend watching it if you have any interest in After School/Orange Caramel because there are some hilarious moments in it. There are very few variety shows where you can see all the members interacting with each other so this show was amazing for me.

Edgeward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom