• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quadratic

I still don't get how they get past the language barrier on the Chinese WGM. Translators in the background? Cue cards?

tumblr_lyxpnyi10w1qe65h9o1_500.gif

tumblr_lyxpnyi10w1qe65h9o2_500.gif

for a second there I thought those warming pads were chloroform rags lol

Edgeward

My mom saw the US performances of SNSD out of curiosity since she knows I love K-pop and told me a couple things

-Sooyoung is the prettiest, but also knows she doesn't have a good voice simply by how few lines she's given.

-Dislikes Sunny's look

-Not impressed with maknae's voice.

So the apple really doesn't fall from the tree. lol

Oreoleo

My mom saw the US performances of SNSD out of curiosity since she knows I love K-pop and told me a couple things

-Sooyoung is the prettiest, but also knows she doesn't have a good voice simply by how few lines she's given.

Well.. yeah :D

Did she watch Letterman or Kelly? Cameraman on Letterman was eating Sooyoung up. Can't say I was mad about it.

edit: just saw you said performances, plural. disregard

Ronok

I want some new songs to listen to. Can you guys recommend anything I might not usually come across browsing this thread?

Hyoyeon and her fucking rad whatever it is

LCt0k.jpg

These hats are so cute. My daughter has a similar penguin one. =D

fHmu5l.jpg

(It's a little big.... :p)

luso

Hello, finally my account was approved.

I've been a lurker to this forum for some time and what got my attention was an (kind of) unbiased discussion of kpop
and the great gifs/photos
I'm a SONE but also keep an eye on other groups... aka KARA and 4Minute. My mind goes split between goddesses Taeyeon and Tiffany (not a TaeNy shipper though). I may put a ranking just to annoy/please some of you.

At this point Taeyeon has the upper hand (not into Fany bangs), so as I'm lazy anyone offering a nice TY avatar pic?

milkham

Hello, finally my account was approved.

I've been a lurker to this forum for some time and what got my attention was an (kind of) unbiased discussion of kpop
and the great gifs/photos
I'm a SONE but also keep an eye on other groups... aka KARA and 4Minute. My mind goes split between goddesses Taeyeon and Tiffany (not a TaeNy shipper though). I may put a ranking just to annoy/please some of you.

At this point Taeyeon has the upper hand (not into Fany bangs), so as I'm lazy anyone offering a nice TY avatar pic?

SdVxy.jpg

you signed up for this thread rather than the rest of neogaf?

Peru

They should delete about 60% of the comments on articles as well, pure trash. Racist, sexist shit all over the place.

Emotional end to this week's K-pop Star.
Su-Pearls together again! Tears!

Educational material spotted. Left to right? Particularly the one on the right with someones hand on her head. She was the blonde in the Mirror Mirror right?

She had a wig on at first, for the video, and first performances, then cut her hair because it got such a good reaction. Loved the short, light brown hair she had going then http://cfile29.uf.tistory.com/original/19334C474EB015702F5003 More neutral on the blond.

Alot better. I am not too fond of the short hair, but it would look a lot better if it was a darker color. Very few asians look good with blonde hair in my opinion, and those that do usually look better with darker hair.

Haha, with everybody acting these days, you might be able to get a sub-unit of Sunkyu, Sooyoung, Hyo and maknae.

But I don't think Soshi will ever do sub-units. Their 9 member choreo is too good. And Sones would collectively lose their shit over which members were included/excluded from the unit. Plus they're too dominant. Like MIMS, "[they] could sell a mil saying nothing on the track," lol.

I still do not understand the purpose of sub-units either. And I hope SM refrains from doing that too SNSD. I mean, I enjoy Shanghai Romance and Hoi Hoi, but I do not see why all of AS and Rainbow couldn't do it.

Man, I never thought to link this in the OT when people said SNSD couldnt sing for shit except for Taeyeon....!

Someone else linked to the same performance, but to the other songs they performed.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Educational material spotted. Left to right? Particularly the one on the right with someones hand on her head. She was the blonde in the Mirror Mirror right?

Alot better. I am not too fond of the short hair, but it would look a lot better if it was a darker color. Very few asians look good with blonde hair in my opinion, and those that do usually look better with darker hair.

I still do not understand the purpose of sub-units either. And I hope SM refrains from doing that too SNSD. I mean, I enjoy Shanghai Romance and Hoi Hoi, but I do not see why all of AS and Rainbow couldn't do it.

Someone else linked to the same performance, but to the other songs they performed.

L to R:

Jiyoon - Jihyun - Sohyun - Gayoon

luso

SdVxy.jpg

you signed up for this thread rather than the rest of neogaf?

Ah ah well almost... I have to explore more other GAF threads but for some time I'm losing interest in gaming itself.

And thanks for both avatars, for now I stick on this.

Lol at 6theory, too many fan wars in there.

Peru

Rainbow shouldn't do Hoi Hoi because it's a shit song and an ugly style, it's the opposite of everything the main group stands for. Rainbow Pixie shouldn't have existed, but better than forcing it on Rainbow. I don't mind all sub-units. I think After School work well in sub-units and then coming together like once a year for a super group release.

Jessica, Nana look better blonde than dark. Some others I forget. Maybe Hyuna as well, although her hair is generally the best in k-pop, no matter the color.

The lead guitarist here looks good and Nana-ish in blonde:
SCANDAL perform their new single http://youtu.be/Y5t0LnolZZ4

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hyuna is best as a redhead because of her fair skin and light brown eyes. Any kind of red. With light lipstick.

6wIrn.jpg

4RKZe.jpg

dM64F.jpg

Jl30P.jpg

PhwAU.jpg

qqJBG.jpg

uxh0F.jpg

bsuSf.jpg

0p3wr.jpg

animation4xkonx.gif

animation13myplf.gif

animation141tp1y.gif

animation154aomz.gif

animation6q7o2z.gif

Awwwww yeahhh~

Dice

Hyuna superior to most, including 4Minute.
4minuteno11k24.gif

Bubble Pop Hyuna/Change Hyuna > Troublemaker Hyuna
Indeed. Dear Hyuna, eat some cheeseburgers, girl!

Well, to be fair, their last album should have only been another mini* and they really need to get back to their harder electrohop sound.

거울아 거울아, Sweet Suga Honey, 모르는 척, Already Gone, 나쁘게

(._.)

Banned
You got that order wrong btw

I listened to the Heart to Heart album, didn't like it much, haven't listened to any of their other stuff because of it, which EPs are good?

4minutes left and hit your heart hold the most of their best songs.

list all my favorite songs of theirs tho

Muzik
웃겨
Hot Issue
What A Girl Wants
Who's Next? (feat. 비스트)
HuH
I My Me Mine
Bababa
Ready Go (Japanese Ver.)
Mirror, Mirror
Heart To Heart
You Know
Already Gone
For Muzik
Hide And Seek, Hide & Seek
Badly
FreeStyle
Sweet Suga Honey!
안줄래
Highlight

Dice

All this 4minute talk... it's 4minute jammin time!

ANJULEH JULEH JULEH EH EH EH-EH-EH!

Comeback this month. PLEASE MY BABIES GO BACK TO ORIGINAL STYLE.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
it better be like HuH/I My Me Mine.. but, i'll lol if it's a ballad in preparation for the sub unit.

Invincible Youth Hyuna was the best type of Hyuna...

what?.. she looked awful.. kinda like how she looks like most of her twitter pictures.

Oreoleo

what?.. she looked awful.. kinda like how she looks like most of her twitter pictures.

What do you mean in regards to her twitter pics? I think 'awful' is a bit of a stretch. Given what they did on IY you can't expect her to be glammed up with makeup and what not. I think she's cute as hell on IY, especially when she gets all whiny and pouty about doing stuff.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
What do you mean in regards to her twitter pics? I think 'awful' is a bit of a stretch. Given what they did on IY you can't expect her to be glammed up with makeup and what not. I think she's cute as hell on IY, especially when she gets all whiny and pouty about doing stuff.

O_O.. the hair ruins pretty much everything

Dice

Flat bangs are poop. Only Suzy can handle their awfulness.

I just wish Hyuna would stop with the circle lenses because her eyes are so beautiful. Though, it's probably Cube that has her wear them to match outfits or whatever.

Deadly

Only difference between Change and Bubble Pop was the season and a fake tan. If you mean she should stick with her natural skin color, I agree.
Definitely the natural skin color but I think there's just something else about it.. I guess the better song helps abit too :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom