• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

Spoilers (Put your volume down, screaming fangirls): http://youtu.be/VUbQvjTZNwo

Lolol. That fangirling...I love it. I don't understand how someone can consistently scream like that for 3 minutes straight. That's some talent right there.

Drag douchebags into doing something worthwhile using the most undeservedly enticing methods possible then pile on the inordinate admiration.

I... just don't know... I don't know.

They were probably just ordinary dudes trying out for boyband auditions and SM made up the "bad" factor. You only see like 5 minutes of smoking/drinking/hanging out with girls
arguably bad things
anyway, and that's about it. I call shenanigans.

tumblr_lyzcokbeto1qflvlfo1_250.gif
tumblr_lyzcokbeto1qflvlfo2_250.gif

Peru

They were probably just ordinary dudes trying out for boyband auditions and SM made up the "bad" factor. You only see like 5 minutes of smoking/drinking/hanging out with girls
arguably bad things
anyway, and that's about it. I call shenanigans.

Joke's over, time to drop the tin foil hat schtick. Dude who dropped out talked about the bts stuff on his blog claiming the staff were too strict about their dorm life, etc.

Quadratic

Since you guys in this thread are big into Korean pop culture. I was wondering if you like the cuisine as well? I only recently been into K-pop but I've loved Korean food for over a decade. Just curious if you had any favourites?

Right now I'm craving Rabokki. I'm going to the k-market after work to buy ingredients.

Here's a video of Soyeon making Rabokki. I find a lot of korean dishes are easy to prepare like this. Especially jigae's which are awesome as winter comfort food. Still not sold on the cheese they sometimes add at restaurants to Budaejigae aka Army stew.

Peru

I live in a country virtually without Korean diaspora, there are no Korean restaurants or shops in my city (there are, however, quite a lot of adoptees). A Korean immigrant styling himself 'Mr Lee' started an instant noodle brand in the 80s which basically monopolized the market --- that's the extent of Korean cuisine available

nudelrett-med-kyllingsmak-85-g-mr-lee.jpg

Quadratic

Everything... almost. Only thing to put me off so far was straight leaves of perilla.

I know what you mean. The first time I tried perilla leaf kimchi I was all like "Yuck, This is straight up Chinese medicinal herb shit" After a while I got used to it and I sometimes order it to wrap samgeyopsal in. Ground up Perilla seed is my "secret" ingredient in Gamjatang.

Peru

jNsEd.gif

You crazy for this one, Dice

But hell yeah.. I think they're going to go HARD on this one.. at least if I interpreted their interviews correctly. ("we're gonna do our own thing and not care about mass appeal etc etc")

Blablurn

T.O.P. is really a handsome fella. and he really has the most interesting voice of Big Bang. Really looking forward to the comback.

Alta1r

Since you guys in this thread are big into Korean pop culture. I was wondering if you like the cuisine as well? I only recently been into K-pop but I've loved Korean food for over a decade. Just curious if you had any favourites?

Right now I'm craving Rabokki. I'm going to the k-market after work to buy ingredients.

Here's a video of Soyeon making Rabokki. I find a lot of korean dishes are easy to prepare like this. Especially jigae's which are awesome as winter comfort food. Still not sold on the cheese they sometimes add at restaurants to Budaejigae aka Army stew.

I like their spicier stuff, some spicy tofu soup I had last time was pretty tasty. And bibimbap in general, in its various incarnations, is pretty tasty too. I'd say my favorite so far has been something maybe not Korean per se, but involves Korean food, so more like Korean fusion. In LA they have some places that sell Korean kogi (?) burritos that are absolutely spectacular. Like this good.

Everything... almost. Only thing to put me off so far was straight leaves of perilla.

Haha, I need to try this. I've yet to hear a non-Korean person say they like these, and even of the Koreans I know, half don't like it.

I don't eat the spicey stews too often because I get sweaty and my nose starts to run. not pleasant for people sitting with me.

Loll. But it's soooooo goooood.

tumblr_lyzeoxNys61r6kjrio1_r1_500.jpg

JustinBB7

Finally, Running Man Hong Kong special is done by isubs. Was getting close to a month since their last release :/ Hope they pick up the pace to catch up.

Got it downloaded and joined, and gonna watch it with my friend who hasn't seen it before. Wonder how that will go.

Fafnir

Soshi RM episodes should be the first one shown, although the rest of the episodes just won't be able to compare after Soshi.

TYG9Z.gif

Quadratic

F(x) is for sure going to do one this year. They are gearing up for their Japanese debut. Plus, Victoria is going to be filming some Taiwanese drama so you'll see a lot of them this year.

Of course they are going to, their last batch of promotions were their most successful yet and it hasn't been that long since they finished (SHINee has been gone for more than a year). It would be crazy of SM to end it like that.

wwlnd

Banned
F(x) is for sure going to do one this year. They are gearing up for their Japanese debut. Plus, Victoria is going to be filming some Taiwanese drama so you'll see a lot of them this year.

Of course they are going to, their last batch of promotions were their most successful yet and it hasn't been that long since they finished (SHINee has been gone for more than a year). It would be crazy of SM to end it like that.
:O awesome, wasn't expecting that.

luso

Getting caught up with Dangerous Boys.
MR8kv.gif

Taeyon's reaction seems to be just for camera, she's enjoying it.
At this point, Taengoo unbeatable, wow!

Restrained myself watching DB so far although I saw the trial episode. Are available subs good? (too many Soshified dependent). I really have to catch up...
Also RM, I skipped a lot of episodes and I'm still at 49. And no time to watch more at this moment, too much work. I'll just see the guest list and decide next episodes to see for a near future but it looks lately they are all good.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not very selective in your gifmaking, but at least you don't fuck with the colors and aspect ratio.

Alta1r

tumblr_lyeo0hq5bH1qf2ofa.gif

Damn I need to watch the most recent RM episodes with Lee Min Jung, IU, Hong Soo Hyun and Hyomin.

tumblr_lyzn0qq6jD1qf4frdo1_500.gif

http://kpopseven.com/4087/t-ara-tak...nt/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The ladies of girl group T-Ara have recently signed a contract worth 1 billion won, the largest amount of money any idol star has ever been paid for an endorsement contract for a fried chicken company.

Core Contents Media, home to T-Ara, Davichi and Co Ed School, released a statement on February 6th saying:

“T-ara was presented with the most shocking amount of money in the world of ‘idols’ and signed a contract with the Gibalhan Chicken for a year.”
The six young ladies will also receive royalty fees from every franchise.

T-Ara is currently preparing to begin to release their single “Roly Poly” in Japan on February 29.

Even management thinks it T-ara + Hwayoung.

Quadratic

Korean Fried Chicken is delicious. Money well spent. I saw an interview that SNSD likes to order delivery the chicken they endorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom