• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

loooool

Actor and singer Jang Geun Suk has recently been thrown into a minor controversy regarding his actual height.

The Hallyu star guest-featured on the February 2nd episode of Fuji TV‘s ‘Tonneruzu (Tunnels) no Minasan no Okage deshita‘ along with Tonneruzu member Noritake Kinashi.

Both stars were not wearing any shoes for the episode, which made the difference in their height all the more obvious.

The Japanese fans were shocked that Jang Geun Suk, whose profile height reads nearly 6 feet, was shorter than Noritake Kinashi, who is less than 5’10″ tall.

The fans continued to expressed their disappointment on various community sites as well as personal blogs, while Korean fans shared photos of celebrities who really are above 6 feet tall in comparison to Jang Geun Suk.

jBFhW.gif

Crazy Kang Sora.

WmF1y.gif

fz4ZA.gif

Biscuits

Wooo Bigbang world tour coming soon! Then again, it'll probably be swamped with fangirls...

It's college so I expect them to be mature about it, but if it happens I don't really mind what they think about me after the speech. If it can grab the attention of few then it's all worth the hate.

On a side note, I am Asian, and I dress metrosexually.

also, I'm very straight.
Haters gonna hate and all that, but go for it! Sounds like a topic that you'll enjoy and have fun with, which can only mean a great mark.

I guess just keep the Sunny aegyo gifs out of your slideshow and it'll be fine.

Ashhong

Doing an informative speech on SNSD. Giving an introduction to them so people know who the hell these angels are.

I'm going to run a slideshow, but I don't have good pictures of Yuri, Yoona, Seohyun, Sooyoung, Sunny, and Hyoyeon. (Because the only ones I personally care about are Tiffany, Taeyeon and Jessica) Although they're all beautiful, those three are just freakin styling on everybody.

I am in dire need of pictures of all of them though, so gimme some good ones please. :)

You are very brave. I'm in a speech class myself and doing an informative speech in a few weeks. I thought about SNSD but can't bring myself to do it. It's hard enough to do public speaking, can't do something that is borderline embarassing, depending on what I talk about. Still considering it though, we'll see. Did you have to do a "how to" speech also? What'd you pick for that?

In my mind its GUARANTEED that Big Bang will come to LA. I will be there for sure.

Ym1r

Haters gonna hate and all that, but go for it! Sounds like a topic that you'll enjoy and have fun with, which can only mean a great mark.

I guess just keep the Sunny aegyo gifs out of your slideshow and it'll be fine.

Thanks, I'm hoping for some good marks. I'm definitely keeping Sunny aegyo out of it.

You are very brave. I'm in a speech class myself and doing an informative speech in a few weeks. I thought about SNSD but can't bring myself to do it. It's hard enough to do public speaking, can't do something that is borderline embarassing, depending on what I talk about. Still considering it though, we'll see. Did you have to do a "how to" speech also? What'd you pick for that?.

I chose it because it's something I genuinely like and know a lot about, so I'll be more calm when doing my speech. I normally get dry mouth and go monotone when I get nervous, so choosing something like that is going to be very helpful.

I didn't have a how to speech but I did have a 'press conference', I did it on ACTA.

Ashhong

Thanks, I'm hoping for some good marks. I'm definitely keeping Sunny aegyo out of it.

I chose it because it's something I genuinely like and know a lot about, so I'll be more calm when doing my speech. I normally get dry mouth and go monotone when I get nervous, so choosing something like that is going to be very helpful.

I didn't have a how to speech but I did have a 'press conference', I did it on ACTA.

Yup, talking about something you're passionate about definitely helps. I would be too distracted by what I think my classmates thought about it though. Let us know how it goes

(._.)

Banned
Yeah, it's not something I'm loud and proud about either. I'll mix in some Epik High and some of the more upbeat girls songs into my normal playlists and I don't really care if people hear that. But it's not something I go around telling people about.

All my friends know I like Kpop. None of them know about my picture collection tho :\

Alta1r

VitaminK followed. Keep up the good work!

Lol, this girl's crazy enough on DH2 that she's genuinely entertaining to watch.

Yup, talking about something you're passionate about definitely helps. I would be too distracted by what I think my classmates thought about it though. Let us know how it goes

Lol, my informative speech in my Business Communications class was on toilet paper. My teacher had a sense of humor so it ended up going over well. Getting a couple early laughs definitely helps too.

But yeah, like you said, I'd be way too distracted by how I'd be seen if I were to do any pop group, much less a girl group from a foreign country.

All my friends know I like Kpop. None of them know about my picture collection tho :\

Loll, no picture collection here to worry about. But I bet the people at google think I have a Korean fetish based on my search history, lol.

tumblr_lt041n8IWY1r4uo1lo1_500.gif

milkham

while we're on the topic of shame, after the signing i was having a burger with some people from the event and found out i went to the same high school as one of them. of course the natural question is, what year? turns out i graduated 10 years before him O_O

that along with all the fainting fangirls made me start to question if i'm too old to be showing up at these things.

oh yeah, good luck Ym1r.

Riverfield

Neo Member
made me start to question if i'm too old to be showing up at these things.

Become samchon fan. NO SHAME.

Also sup. Account validated yesterday. Pretty quick. About a month between registering and now. Sorry about adding to the endless Taeyeon avatars. I'll change it when I'm less lazy and don't have a paper to write.

Alta1r

while we're on the topic of shame, after the signing i was having a burger with some people from the event and found out i went to the same high school as one of them. of course the natural question is, what year? turns out i graduated 10 years before him O_O

Lollll, aight, I'm sorry but that is pretty embarrassing. But hey, you got a pic with Soshi so it's all good.

welcome.

so many new people O_O and they all like taeyeon!!

I wonder what the fandom breakdown is in here, for #1s. Taengoo's clearly at the top with like 15 shippers. After that it's probably a close call between Fany, Sunkyu
tf?
and Yuri. Then Sooyoung/Hyo, followed by Yoong/Sica. And I think maknae brings up the rear with 0, as far as I can tell, at least as far as the non-lurkers go.

No worries Deadly, we got this.

tumblr_lz02wjJbwJ1qdylrao2_500.gif

Niks

they all like taeyeon!!

Pff posers... I liked Taeyeon even before she went mainstream.

that along with all the fainting fangirls made me start to question if i'm too old to be showing up at these things.

oh yeah, good luck Ym1r.

Kinda awkward yeah, but who cares! Do you have the photo yet?

Riverfield

Neo Member
Oh, shit. It's already been more than a month since their single with T-ara, huh? I probably shouldn't be surprised.

Too bad it isn't a crazy MV like their last one (minkyung in garbage bag). Digging this, though.

And I think maknae brings up the rear with 0, as far as I can tell, at least as far as the non-lurkers go.
I like Seo, bro. I like a lotta people. Don't have the strong favorites it seems most people have. Taeyeon just happens to look good in 120x100.

Hey Guys. Been lurking this thread for a while but just recently got my account activated. Got into kpop last year with Soshi. This thread has opened me up to a lot more kpop. But Soshi is still the best, and Sooyoung <3

14.jpg

gMEdO.jpg

Salazar

Yong Hyun sulking so hard on Ep 5 of DB.

He really can't handle getting bossed around by a senior male. I find the social hierarchy stuff a bit weird sometimes, but man, there are times when you have to suck it up.

Alta1r

I like Seo, bro. I like a lotta people. Don't have the strong favorites it seems most people have. Taeyeon just happens to look good in 120x100.

Hey Guys. Been lurking this thread for a while but just recently got my account activated. Got into kpop last year with Soshi. This thread has opened me up to a lot more kpop. But Soshi is still the best, and Sooyoung <3

Welcome and welcome. Please submit your rankings at the door as you enter.

I like this influx of new blood.

tumblr_lz0a1414Lb1r3oaowo1_500.jpg

Ym1r

Rankings? K

SNSD wise

#1 Tiffany
#2 Taeyeon
#3 Sica
#4 Yoona
#5 Seohyun
#6 Yuri
#7 Sooyoung
#8 Sunny
#9 Hyoyeon

Overall

#1 Tiffany
#2 Taeyeon
#3 Sica
#4 Hyomin
#5 Eunjung
#6 Park Jiyeon
#7 Hyuna
#8 Hyori
#9 Nicole
#10 Nana

Where they told not to touch the girls?

No idea, sure looks like it though. I woulda did some shoulder touching ;) "It's an American thing, get used to it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom