• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

I am not Max

this is so good

tumblr_lyz4zmWPuk1qhzuv8o1_250.jpg
tumblr_lyz4zmWPuk1qhzuv8o2_250.jpg

Ashhong

I want to say she's washed up by now...I don't know her current work but I used to see her all the time in the past working with Diddy and his groups. I guess she fits with BB though.

vanty

“Girls’ Generation are easily the biggest girl group in all of Asia,” says Susan Kang, founder and CEO of Soompi.com
This woman ever heard of AKB48? I'd imagine they probably made more money in the past 6 months than SNSD have made LTD. Money is what matters, not YouTube views.

OMG Running Man 72 features the most gorgeous woman in Korea
GODDAM you're 100% right. My eyeballs almost exploded when she first appeared on screen.

Salazar

Ranvier

Rankings? K

SNSD wise

#1 Yuri
#2 Hyoyeon

Overall

#1 Yuri
#2 Hyoyeon

Fixed that for you.

yuri so cute.

Yuri always so cute.

tumblr_lyuqdbvSCR1qbalato1_500.gif
tumblr_lyuqdbvSCR1qbalato2_500.gif

I'll give my top 3:

1) Yuri
2) Hyoyeon

]

Fixed that for you

Is she trying to do that Flying Meditation thing here?

Let's see...

#1 Yuri
#2 Hyoyeon

Fixed that for you.

new members should infuse some more life into the thread.

Out of curiosity, while you guys were lurking, what were your initial feelings towards the verteran posters like Sal, Dice, Alty, OC, Ash Faf etc etc.

I remember when I lurked, Sal was like a mind reading demi-god who would somehow know I was praying for more Yuri/Hyo pics and would post them.
he still kinda does that

tumblr_l23trkNsPS1qawxn1o1_500.jpg
tumblr_lytrn89zkt1qbalato2_500.jpg

tumblr_lyt4s9Bd0o1r40rvgo1_500.png
tumblr_lyr7xbBoWJ1r40rvgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lyt724j1891r8xm7po1_250.gif

tumblr_lyzmg761rs1qkolxgo1_250.gif
tumblr_lyzmg761rs1qkolxgo2_250.gif

tumblr_lyxa1pqEF31qkolxgo1_500.gif

wwlnd

Banned
Welcome and welcome. Please submit your rankings at the door as you enter.

Oooh. I haven't introduced myself.

General (including SNSD):
Sulli >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jiyeon=Soyeon>>>>the rest

SNSD:
Yuri=Taeyeon>Yoona>the rest>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hyoyeon, Seohyun

Peru

This woman ever heard of AKB48? I'd imagine they probably made more money in the past 6 months than SNSD have made LTD. Money is what matters, not YouTube views.

Not necessarily. AKB are big, they sell more singles than any other act in the world, but they're still in a niche. A huge, huge, extremely loyal niche, but still a niche. And they will never ever find even the remotest hint of mainstream success outside of Asia, and hardly outside of Japan. Intel and Dior won't go for AKB. So in terms of marketability SNSD is a much more important presence in the continent and worldwide.

Happy to have found another Lee Min Jung fan.

Also yESsss:

20120207_sistar_soyu.jpg

Blablurn

okay, i found a driver. even if big bang is gonna perform in berlin (which is on the other side of germany for me) i will be there. daaaamn.

Salazar

Well, at least some beneficent soul copied a bunch of the gifs from that amazing boobs gifs thread before the 6theory forums bit the dust.

looool, old JaeSuk top left

cGbvX.jpg

Old Hyungdon looks like young Shindong.

T.O.P

Banned
theres an amazing boobs gifs thread??? some gifs better be on your tumblr by the time i go there

I would suggest the Dirty section in the AKP forum, but it's a scary place :x

okay, i found a driver. even if big bang is gonna perform in berlin (which is on the other side of germany for me) i will be there. daaaamn.

I was actually planning a trip there, two birds with a stone indeed

Surely they won't do a thing in Italy, and i can understand that lol

DXPett1

Let's see...

#1 Taeyeon
#2 Tiffany
#3 Sunny
#4 Sica/Hyoyeon
#5 Seohyun
#6 Yoona
#7 Yuri
#8 Sooyoung

This is the best I could do

1. Taeyeon/Jessica
2. Hyoyeon/Sunny/Yuri
3. Tiffany/Sooyoung
4. Seohyun
5. Yoona

They all tend to blend into one and have their ups and downs

1. Taeyeon/Jessica
2. Hyoyeon/Sunny/Yuri
3. Tiffany/Sooyoung
4. Seohyun
5. Yoona

They all tend to blend into one and have their ups and downs

A few small changes.

1. Taeyeon
2. Sunny/Jessica
3. Sooyoung/Yuri
4. Tiffany/Hyoyeon
5. Seohyun
6. Yoona

Salazar

Hyunah leaving for Paris.

o0wt6.jpg

Reminder of how crazy tumblr people are. Some are plausible, one is obvious - but seriously.

Disposable Members
Me and a few members were talking about which idol member the group can do without. Meaning, their departure will affect the least on the group. Please take this as a criticism. Something that will make them stronger since they are the weakest and that they have to do more.

01.) After School -> Jooyeon

02.) 2NE1 -> Minzy

03.) 2am -> Jinwoon

04.) 2pm -> Chansung

05.) 4Minute -> JiHyun

06.) B1A4 -> Gongchan

07.) BEAST -> Dongwoon

08.) Big Bang -> Daesung

09.) Block B -> B-Bomb

10.) Boyfriend -> Kwangmin

11.) Dalmatian -> Dari

12.) DBSK -> Yunho

13.) f(x) -> Victoria

14.) INFINITE -> Sungjong

15.) Miss A -> Suzy

16.) MBLAQ -> Thunder

17.) SNSD -> Sooyoung

18.) SHINee -> Minho

19.) Secret -> Sunhwa

20.) Super Junior -> Ryeowook

21.) Teen Top -> Ricky

22.) U-Kiss -> Kiseob

23.) Wonder Girls -> Lim

Suairyu

Banned
So one of your kind posted (without real good justification) a link to Gee in some thread. I can't stop watching/listening to it. It's just so artificially colourful and teeth-rottingly sweet that it pushes through the "terrible" barrier to become something actually quite good. Either that or all the chemical additives have just gotten me addicted.

Checked out the other Girls Generations videos in the OP but they seem more generic pop: dull, lifeless and utterly forgettable. I think what made Gee work for me is that it embraced its manufactured, day-glo pop nature and ran with it.

I'm gonna get back to watching Gee now.

Peru

I don't care for your "so bad it's good" angle since it's just genuinely brilliant, but I agree it's the clear pinnacle of SNSD's music. Other groups may fill that particular need better with the rest of their discography than SNSD, like T-ara for the manic repetition, 2NE1 for the day-glo colors in a more electro packaging, etc..

Alta1r

No lie though, I would freak out if I saw a MV of TOP and Kanye rapping together. I can see it now. Imagine Otis but with TOP instead of JayZ.

That would be pretty spectacular. Daesung can play Aziz Ansari's part in the MV.

Let's see...

#6 Yoona

5. Yoona
A few small changes.

6. Yoona

6aOu7.jpg

I'm watching you f*ckers...

tumblr_lz0ph73rcr1qhx9hwo1_250.gif

11:30 pm - 8:00 am

ish.

Current research involves trawling a digital newspaper archive. Compatible with GAF.

Twice a week.

W_Dreamer

I actually like the covers of Gee by other Kpop artist better than the original Gee version.

SNSD's jazz version of Gee is better than the MV version too imo.

Suairyu

Banned
I don't care for your "so bad it's good" angle since it's just genuinely brilliant, but I agree it's the clear pinnacle of SNSD's music.
Well, there's a reason I didn't use the phrase "so bad it's good". I'm not saying it's bad and thus becomes ironically good, I'm saying it has a lot of elements that in other songs would make it a bad song, yet pushes so far into that direction it becomes something actually legitimately good.

You know how in Top Gun you have Maverick and technically he's a pretty dangerous and probably even poor pilot, yet because he has mad intuition and style he pushes so far in that dangerous direction that he becomes the best pilot ever and honours Goose's memory and saves the day and everyone loves him? He uses his natural flair to turn what would be faults in any other pilot's flying into strengths.

That's Gee.

Yeah, Gee was some mad pure pop music.

T-ara's two big recent tracks might work for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En-i9PpeSmM&feature=fvsr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-midICbtOE
Yeah, that's more like it. I'd listen to that.

Alta1r

Oooh. I haven't introduced myself.

General (including SNSD):
Sulli >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jiyeon=Soyeon>>>>the rest

Lol, from your tumblr I would have guessed it went something like:

1. Jiyeon
2. Jiyeon
3. Jiyeon
4. Jiyeon
23. Jiyeon
24. Suzy
25. Sulli
26. Jiyeon
50. Jiyeon

Yoona is your bias eh?

XkeP8.gif

What's that from?

Next Dangerous Boys, isn't it ?

Gee MV was genius too.

Yeah, previews for next week's DB.

Beginning of Gee MV reminded me of the N*Sync It's Gonna Be Me MV with the dolls/toys that turn into real people. Not that I, uh...ever listened to N*Sync or anything. <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom