• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

What the.. Ran across this on tumblr today:

tumblr_lyyjwkHsdd1qgsx91o1_500.jpg

Reminded me of something I posted before in the old thread.

o_O

lunlunqq

while we're on the topic of shame, after the signing i was having a burger with some people from the event and found out i went to the same high school as one of them. of course the natural question is, what year? turns out i graduated 10 years before him O_O

that along with all the fainting fangirls made me start to question if i'm too old to be showing up at these things.

oh yeah, good luck Ym1r.

haha, same for me. I spent that entire day hanging out with 3 highschool kids and 2 college kids while I competed my Ph.D. 6 years ago... they were talking about things that I feel embarrassed just to hear... I was too concerned with the question of how to get in without the wristband to care...

Whoa the thread moves so fast now days!

Since you guys in this thread are big into Korean pop culture. I was wondering if you like the cuisine as well? I only recently been into K-pop but I've loved Korean food for over a decade. Just curious if you had any favourites?

Right now I'm craving Rabokki. I'm going to the k-market after work to buy ingredients.

Here's a video of Soyeon making Rabokki. I find a lot of korean dishes are easy to prepare like this. Especially jigae's which are awesome as winter comfort food. Still not sold on the cheese they sometimes add at restaurants to Budaejigae aka Army stew.

My favourites would be usual bulgogi, kimchi pancakes and bibimbap. I swear i can eat bibimbap all day, its such an easy dish to eat and i love spamming the red pepper paste or whatever it is.

omfg thank you for posting these, fkin amazing

welcome.

so many new people O_O and they all like taeyeon!!

cause taeyeons the best

12.) DBSK -> Yunho

changmin cant hold the TVXQ name up by himself, needs all 5 members to do that

godamn she looked so good in that interview

tumblr_lz03p0dqT71qc2fqjo1_250.jpg
tumblr_lz03p0dqT71qc2fqjo2_250.jpg

tumblr_lz03p0dqT71qc2fqjo3_250.jpg
tumblr_lz03p0dqT71qc2fqjo4_250.jpg

tumblr_lz03p0dqT71qc2fqjo5_250.jpg
tumblr_lz03p0dqT71qc2fqjo6_250.jpg

for those that didnt watch beatles code thing, this is fully subbed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlbLclddQ08

So many new faces, but the OP of the OT thread is still nowhere to be seen.

So one of your kind posted (without real good justification) a link to Gee in some thread.

Well I posted a link to this performance to offer some different alternatives to that one mediocre offering of The Boys on Letterman. Don't know whether it was I who posted the Gee link that you clicked, but it was obviously justified if it grabbed even one persons attention. :p

I can't stop watching/listening to it. It's just so artificially colourful and teeth-rottingly sweet that it pushes through the "terrible" barrier to become something actually quite good. Either that or all the chemical additives have just gotten me addicted.

TLDR:

The song is catchy.

What the.. Ran across this on tumblr today:

tumblr_lyyjwkHsdd1qgsx91o1_500.jpg

Reminded me of something I posted before in the old thread.

o_O

In between milkhams pictures and your comments, it is obvious that our thread is regarded as somewhat of a treasure cove for online thieves.

Hmm for me Genie >>>> Gee. Im not alone in this am I??

as in taeyeon genie > taeyeon gee? definitely. Then taeyeon genie > taeyeon hoot > taeyeon oh. Then taeyeon RDR > taeyeon genie and now taeyeon the boys >>> errthing else

edit: holy crap lee min jung in RM 72 is amazing..

Fafnir

+1 Genie fan.

When I was first getting into kpop I asked my friend that was a WG fan (pretty much she liked 'Nobody') about Girls Generation. She linked me to Gee and I almost puked because it was so saturated in sweetness that as a straight male I was like, "wtf I can't be caught listening to this shit!"...now I torture my friends and try to throw it in the rotation whenever I have car stereo controls. GEE GEE GEE

Best part of Genie:
veUxL.gif

Hmm for me Genie >>>> Gee. Im not alone in this am I??

Pretty certain there are more people that like Genie over Gee in this thread. Not sure if I'd use that many >'s, but I definitely agree, Genie is a top 2 song in my opinion. Only behind/along RDR. I linked to more than just Gee in the thread. But in my mind also kind of see Gee as somewhat of the epitome of SNSD, because it was the first thing I heard from them, but it also seems like what spurred their popularity in the west, atleast outside of circles that weren't already into hallyu.

lunlunqq

poor goddess born. she fell sick after NYC events and looked really exhausted when spotted at the airport before going to France today.
75a73383jw1dptu4jow3jj.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
uh huh
whatup gerrrs
I jus wanna tell you that love this year
sure thing~ that kisses you
yeah
listen

Fafnir

oniontaker blowing up twitter with his stalking of Soshi in Paris.

oniontaker said:
Sunny peeking round the corner..

Jessica sitting in the distance.. She thinks we can't see her

Sica talking on the phone

Now she's just sitting on the ground. Pretending she can't see us

Taeyeon looks pretty tired, squatting with her head down. Tiffany just stepped over Jessica's legs.

Jessica gets up, plays with her hair as she laughs, then sits down again. Wat u doin sgt sic?

Managers and coordis are all down. SY, HY, YA, YR sunny came down earlier but went back up before joined by sic, fany taeng

4minute came down.. Didn't get much of a reaction, poor girls. Three or so girls screaming for Hyuna. They went upstairs again..

Taeyeon's the only one visible atm.. She keeps getting up and then walking back in our direction, then waving

At thei airport, they're hiding behinf a corner/alcove, waiting for bags. Taeyeon just yawned at us. Cover your mouth girl$

Tangeroo

Out of curiosity, while you guys were lurking, what were your initial feelings towards the verteran posters like Sal, Dice, Alty, OC, Ash, Faf etc etc.

I remember when I lurked, Sal was like a mind reading demi-god who would somehow know I was praying for more Yuri/Hyo pics and would post them.
he still kinda does that

Not to give a cop-out answer, but I always enjoyed reading the opinions of the GAF K-Pop "Sunbaes". I give particular props to Sal, Dice, OC, Alt and Ash for making K-Pop GAF what it is (and a little shout out to PantherLotus for rocking the avatar that sparked so much intrigue before K-Pop GAF even existed). I've been waiting for my membership to kick in for over 10 months now and I've been lurking for much longer than that.

I just started watching Dream High season one (thanks Hulu!) and I'm actually pretty impressed with the acting. Suzy and Taecyeon in particular. I'm going to burn though it this week so I can get started on Season 2.

4pfku.gif

Biscuits

Love the Where U At choreography.. feel that tune is underrated most places.
Tune is pretty good, not the best, but the beats are sick and the choreography just fits sooooo well. MV is genius, no BS just nice angles and clean dancing.

As I've said before, this was the song that got me into Kpop really, so I'm not hating.

An English version would work if Taeyang gets the pronunciation right and the lyrics are well written (eg NOT Wedding Dress eng version but Connection). Though a lot of people would still say he's just a poser, especially with that Trey Songz 'Yup' at the beginning.

Hopefully the songs he's been posting recently on his twitter hint at the direction he's going towards for his new album.

luso

Pff posers... I liked Taeyeon even before she went mainstream.

This remembers me the Arirang Super Rookies presenting Girls Generation as new group back in 2007. Taeyeon went unnoticed then, only Sunny and Sooyoung were visible (I mean, the only ones that I could distinguish back then).

I wonder what the fandom breakdown is in here, for #1s. Taengoo's clearly at the top with like 15 shippers. After that it's probably a close call between Fany, Sunkyu
tf?
and Yuri. Then Sooyoung/Hyo, followed by Yoong/Sica. And I think maknae brings up the rear with 0, as far as I can tell, at least as far as the non-lurkers go.

This thread is running fast with new blood.

SNSD split up in 3 groups. Pretty interchangeable between groups, no ranking within except TY

1. God tier - nothing to say
Taeyon - Wow
Tiffany - Wow
(just cut off those bangs)

2. Angel Tier
Yuri - Some Mega posts worked to show her attributes, climbed up the ranks. Über body
Jessica - Lately we all know how shes matured.
Seohyun - No Seobaby anymore. But strict as a door.
Sunny - Brown short hair was nice. Not now. Long hair better, waiting for developments.

Earthling Tier
Sooyoung - Not much, noticeble nowadays, dropped since comeback. But good to party with
Yoona - A wonderful girl but I can't see her (yet) as sexy girl.
Hyoyeon - I recognize she improved, a little longer I may decide to promote. Her body rocks.

For long, Yuri and Jessica was down there...

Alta1r

I just started watching Dream High season one (thanks Hulu!) and I'm actually pretty impressed with the acting. Suzy and Taecyeon in particular. I'm going to burn though it this week so I can get started on Season 2.

4pfku.gif

Oh snap, DH on Hulu! You just made my day. And destroyed any chance of getting any work done, lol. I'm on episode 3 now. Sam Dong's mom is hilarious. Sam Dong's pretty funny too, I love the deer in headlights look he has 90% of the time. And Suzy finally cracked a smile, wtf??

tumblr_lz0yj91gJM1qd704zo1_500.jpg

W_Dreamer

At thei airport, they're hiding behinf a corner/alcove, waiting for bags. Taeyeon just yawned at us. Cover your mouth girl$

OMG! Need a gif of Taeyeon yawning now...!

j/k

I might breakdown my SNSD preferences some time soon when I have a couple of hours to spare. Hehe

Hoot get's no love in here.

I like it how Taeyeon admitted that she was the one in the group who thought Hoot would never be a hit when she was first given the song.

vanty

Oooh. I haven't introduced myself.

General (including SNSD):
Sulli >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jiyeon=Soyeon>>>>the rest
This guy knows what's up.

And yeah Where U At is some hot shit. Only time I've ever seen Teddy without that stupid as fuck hat-on-hoodie getup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom