• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
some smooth groove cpop to go with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nG--h_EJyc

I think I'm going to learn mandarin as well.

edit: more from him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIG9gy050Nc

My brother is fluent in Mandarin, and all I can say is that it is by far the most difficult Asian language to learn that I have been exposed to. There are sounds he explains to me that I literally cannot hear a difference in, and he says there are like six variations. Honestly, I'd much rather learn Mandarin than Korean/Japanese but all attempts I have made have basically had no fruition whatsoever. I don't know how much exposure you have to it though, but all I can say is if you really want to go for it you'll probably need formal training unless you are a linguistic genius, haha.

An example of how ridiculous chinese can be

I just started teaching myself some korean (well, the alphabet anyway) and it's been fairly easy by comparison. Japanese has the easiest pronunciations though.

120311 Secret - Love is Move [Fancam]
120311 Secret - Shy Boy [Fancam]

173E8C4C4F5DE676303EAB
203E8C4C4F5DE6A8406023
113E8C4C4F5DE6AB41B54D

163E8C4C4F5DE6B845C5C0
173E8C4C4F5DE6A43FAF69
183E8C4C4F5DE6B2439C65

123E8C4C4F5DE68F38EAE1
173E8C4C4F5DE6C449A6B4
123E8C4C4F5DE6BF473F94

203E8C4C4F5DE69B3C57A2
153E8C4C4F5DE69F3D6B22
163E8C4C4F5DE6CF4DCFCF
1, 1 2, 1 2, 1 2 3 4, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I'd say Cantonese is one of the hardest languages/dialects to learn. For example, Mandarin has 4 tones - Canto has 9.

My mother in law speaks a Cantonese variant, Toisanese. Despite that I don't know much of the differences between Mandarin and Cantonese, but from just listening it always seemed like Cantonese pronunciations needed a lot less precision, but that may just be because the language sounds more conversational than Mandarin somehow.

Ashhong

Hana's so hot

When I was introduced to Secret I always saw her with her hair up and didn't even notice

Oh you think you're cool cause you call her Hana and make people like me google to see what you're talking about because everyone else calls her Zinger.

NU'EST Aron teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkcBSI67tEo&list=UUUuyrV8JDv5UAMW2StsL-NA&feature=plcp
Sigh... This isn't what I meant when I said Pledis should really take advantage of having a fluent English speaker. It sounds so awkward, hope he doesn't rap like that.

Damn Teen Top, why so skinny?
20120312_idols_weight.jpg

Why am I living
TEEN TOP - 55.1
MY NAME – 57.6
SHINee – 58.0
INFINITE – 58.8
ZE:A – 59.1
Twilight – 59.7
F.T. Island - 59.8

No need for words
LEDApple – 60.0
Block B – 60.7
Big Bang – 60.8
N-Train – 61.0
Dalmation – 61.0
B2ST – 61.1

Not average
B1A4 – 61.6
CHAOS – 61.8
TOUCH - 62.0
CNBLUE – 62.0
TVXQ - 62.4
MBLAQ – 63.2

This is average
Double A - 64.0
Super Junior – 64.2
U-KISS - 64.4
BoM – 64.5
B.A.P - 65.1
Co-Ed School – 65.2
SS501 - 65.4

Height and weight are proportional
F.CUZ – 66.3
X-5 - 66.4
Supernova – 66.6
M.I.B - 67.2
2AM - 67.5
2PM – 69.1

Biscuits

My mother in law speaks a Cantonese variant, Toisanese. Despite that I don't know much of the differences between Mandarin and Cantonese, but from just listening it always seemed like Cantonese pronunciations needed a lot less precision, but that may just be because the language sounds more conversational than Mandarin somehow.
I can see where you're coming from, but then again I speak Cantonese semi-natively so perhaps the precision just comes naturally. I do know that Canto rap sounds ridiculous because of all of the tones they have to hit.

Anyways the second episode of BB RM was much better. The first venue just sucked.

jCFDp.png

3ZKfg.jpg

FYy54.gif

W_Dreamer

Damn Teen Top, why so skinny?

Why am I living
TEEN TOP - 55.1
MY NAME – 57.6
SHINee – 58.0
INFINITE – 58.8
ZE:A – 59.1
Twilight – 59.7
F.T. Island - 59.8

No need for words
LEDApple – 60.0
Block B – 60.7
Big Bang – 60.8
N-Train – 61.0
Dalmation – 61.0
B2ST – 61.1

Not average
B1A4 – 61.6
CHAOS – 61.8
TOUCH - 62.0
CNBLUE – 62.0
TVXQ - 62.4
MBLAQ – 63.2

This is average
Double A - 64.0
Super Junior – 64.2
U-KISS - 64.4
BoM – 64.5
B.A.P - 65.1
Co-Ed School – 65.2
SS501 - 65.4

Height and weight are proportional
F.CUZ – 66.3
X-5 - 66.4
Supernova – 66.6
M.I.B - 67.2
2AM - 67.5
2PM – 69.1

Eh? So this is their average weight?

If I remember these guys were taller than me but my current weight is still above their averages. lol

vanty

Those weights all seem at least 5kg under reality. No way can TVXQ be 62kg. I'm a lean 72 and shorter than both without seeming much more muscular. Makes sense for girls to have their weight lied about, but grown men?

Chesskid1

Banned
just watched all of stellar's UFO performances. wanted to see if they did that one move from the MV during live performances. anyways, catchy song and i really like them.

also, it seems one of them sucks at winking, cause she always messes it up <3 <3, so cute!

iXZgwuJdCcQ5y.gif

imLVQQQRlPBDG.gif

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
just watched all of stellar's UFO performances. wanted to see if they did that one move from the MV during live performances. anyways, catchy song and i really like them.

also, it seems one of them sucks at winking, cause she always messes it up <3 <3, so cute!

Her?

:/

Max likes her too idk why! wtf

lunlunqq

some smooth groove cpop to go with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nG--h_EJyc

I think I'm going to learn mandarin as well.

edit: more from him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIG9gy050Nc

Wow, thanks for posting this. This guy's pretty good. I came from China and I never heard of this guy. Then again, I was not into pop at all before I accidentally run into Gee's MV on Youtube 1.5 years ago. SNSD is my first fandom, and probably the last one, too.

BTW, the first song he sang was a cover of a song originally sung by a big Chinese pop star Faye Wong (the lady who sang the FF8 theme song "Eyes on Me").

Here is the original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8CQxuLRmuo

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
those are some great pics and i'd like some more of them but the first and third ones are nsfw probably.

luso

Ailee has some interesting stuff and a great voice, need to pay more attention in the future.

And what's up with BEG nowadays, after Miryo releasede her album?

JeA, the shortest of the shorties accordingly to those heights table
i5JurBOMUvYV8.gif

Ashhong

Pretty much. I think we can agree that Hana is the better name

Disagree. Zinger is badass.

Just did my speech. Finished the speech WHEN the class started, and got here 30 minutes late haha. Went over my time limit and couldn't finish :( the bastard.

Ym1r

Disagree. Zinger is badass.

Just did my speech. Finished the speech WHEN the class started, and got here 30 minutes late haha. Went over my time limit and couldn't finish :( the bastard.

aww dat sux. How did it go though? Good response?

They all look great in the MV, altho I want to take a time machine, go to the set and just move fany's freakin' damn bangs. She looks sooo much better w/o em. She needs to keep her hair like how she is when shes sitting in the group shot. She still looks hella fine tho

ryan-ts

Not going to lie, I was really hoping they'd pull a Miryo and have the entire video be a goofy joke after some serious looking previews. Looks like most of the members can pull out the fake tears and those rain drops during the Sunny parts were gigantic.

W_Dreamer

Wasnt feeling the clock studio shots. Seemed trivial and cheesy.

Rather have them running on the beach as a group shot (like they do with the FMV of Time Machine.) lol

But yeah solo shots were good if they could have somehow joined those scenes together or elaborated on them individually instead of the group shots.

Ashhong

aww dat sux. How did it go though? Good response?

They all look great in the MV, altho I want to take a time machine, go to the set and just move fany's freakin' damn bangs. She looks sooo much better w/o em. She needs to keep her hair like how she is when shes sitting in the group shot. She still looks hella fine tho

It went alright. I took way too long introducing the girls, probably because I did not have time to practice my speech.

We can only take about 5 minutes. Luckily my prof blamed it on the fact that the girls were so hot, that I was getting distracted as I was talking about them hahah

Ym1r

It went alright. I took way too long introducing the girls, probably because I did not have time to practice my speech.

We can only take about 5 minutes. Luckily my prof blamed it on the fact that the girls were so hot, that I was getting distracted as I was talking about them hahah

Prof has good taste.

Even though you didn't get to finish it, at least you did it. I know plenty of people who are afraid to openly discuss their love for Korean music/Girls' Generation, +1 to you for that.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
THIS IS A STORY ABOUT A DWARF AND A GIANT. BUT IT'S GONNA END JUST LIKE DAVID AND GOLIATH. KEEP UP WITH MY PACE, IF YOU CAN. DON'T LAG WILE E COYOTE, CAUSE IM ROADRUNNER. FAST.

Uh-oh, y'all better hide your necks: Shinhwa's bringing their vampire charms.

iim9c6jDR7ZAR.jpg

Shinhwa to Come Back with a Vampire Concept

The longest running idol group, Shinhwa, has revealed the concept for their tenth album, which is their first comeback album in four years.

On March 12, Shinhwa's leader, Eric, posted a message through the official Shinhwa Company Twitter: "This modern vampire concept is something we've been thinking about since last spring. We ended up not making all of our hair colors black but the jacket photo, the music video, the attire, even the lyrics for the title track that Minwoo wrote - these things all naturally came together and fit perfectly with this concept. I think we're going to be causing quite a stir."

He continued to say, "We've jam-packed the album with 11 tracks and prepared it with the highest quality of packaging. Make sure you take some chest clearing pills before watching the music video~ The production expenses are the highest in Shinhwa's history so the best music video will be made~ Coming soon."

Shin Hye Sung also posted, "I'm not very good at showing off but...you all know right? I will show off this time! The music video is completely daebak. You can get your hopes up high! I'm especially the hottest- hmm hmm... all six members are very hot."

Jun Jin said, "Each shot of the members in the music video are like watching a scene from a CF. Even the choreography - it doesn't seem like just a dance but a scene from a CF. Just wait!"

Meanwhile, Shinhwa will be holding the "Shinhwa Grand Tour in Seoul - The Return" on March 24 to March 25 and will be meeting with their fans for the first time in four years.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I thought they weren't supposed to come out till autumn this year wtf.

I guess that shows you how much I care about gimmicky boy groups.

Weird-ass teasers notwithstanding, SHINee's Sherlock is supposedly going to be a hybrid of two other songs that will also be on the album. Sounds unique, I'm interested to hear what the finished product will sound like.

20120314010008496000713211.jpg

SHINee has been readying for a comeback as SM Entertainment (SME) teased fans with a slew of unique teaser photos in the past week.

SME described SHINee’s newest song “Sherlock” by saying, “'Sherlock’ is the best of two independent songs put together to form something called a ‘hybrid remix.’ It will have a unique charm as though you’re listening to a musical. SHINee has been recognized as a contemporary group for its fresh and experimental music in their past albums, and this album will also be able to show the one of a kind colors of SHINee.”

The lyrics describe Sherlock’s solving of a crime through logical “clues” and intuitive “notes.” “Sherlock” combines the lyrics from the two songs to create a single storyline. Also, both songs “Clue” and “Note” will be a part of the album. It should be interesting to see how the lyrics and melody differ in the three variances of the intertwined songs.

All seven songs of the album will become available to fans on many online music websites (including iTunes!) on March 19. The album will then become available offline on March 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom