• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan-ts

Kim Kwangoo commented, “I’ve had 30 years of experience and have done much with singers starting as rookies. After three years as activities as a singer, pride and laziness is effected. Stress becomes a bigger deal and it gets harder. You can’t win the competition with this type of mindset. This is what has ruined a lot of singers. If there’s no effort or there is no singing skills, the members will not be given parts (measures) to sing.”

Kim Kwangsoo also that to take T-ara onto another level and in order to develop the group further, T-ara’s music style and concepts will change, including the group members. More information will be released on April 7th.
Hopefully T-ara fights to stay together because right now it looks like this asshole is going to break them up and all we can do is watch.

tumblr_m0vqejnJzx1qb1285o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m0vqbvPnEE1qb1285o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m0vqbvPnEE1qb1285o2_250.jpg
tumblr_m0vqbvPnEE1qb1285o3_250.jpg

tumblr_m0vqbvPnEE1qb1285o4_500.jpg

tumblr_m0vqe5fjCt1qb1285o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m0vqe5fjCt1qb1285o2_500.jpg

Peru

I've been looking forward to the T-ara apocalypse for a while - I hope this is just covering up some of them rebelling.

Meanwhile these girls look healthy

ocn1skaj:iphone

ocl4zksj:iphone

gz5xyzrj:iphone

Niks

wow at that article about sasaeng fans.
Truly batshit crazy stuff...

Does this happen for all groups, or is it mostly for male groups?

Edit: Just read this affects mostly male groups.
Interesting how that works... young girls thinking they can get away with that shit without any repercussion whatsoever.

5a4cc966dcba4b2cf2531655eff251e7_large.jpg

Damn.

Alta1r

You're thinking rationally, though. That's not how this is going to go down.

Could be an elaborate ruse to get them riled up and working even harder so they don't get cut.

Idol manager of 10 years discloses his memories of sasaeng fans

Reporters uncover the dark truth behind the daily activities of sasaeng fans

Some creepy shit right there, i'm starting to unterstand JYJ's action :x

Jesus. What I want to know is what these sasaeng fans do with the rest of their lives, how they explain this shit to people. Like imagine you're on a date and all of a sudden she gets a text and is like "sorry, gotta go stalk Taecyeon" or something. Or you ask someone if they want to hang out and they're like "naah man, I'm point today, I gotta keep an eye on this dorm to make sure everybody knows when JYJ leaves. I can't let my fellow sisters down." lol

Or when they get older. Sure they're teenage girls now, but what happens when they're older and married and have kids. Do they just look back and be like WTF was I thinking? Is this ever disclosed to the partner? Does it take an equally crazy sasaeng fan to marry a sasaeng fan in the first place? Does this partner ever get rest knowing they're with someone fully skilled in the art of stalking? Does their former teenage sasaeng posse carry on into adult life, like a secret network focused on suspected cheating spouses or whatever the flavor of the week is? lol. These sasaeng fans seem like characters in a movie or something. I can't imagine them being real people. They need to do a full-on documentary of these people.

I often thought it would be funny to see what happens if they broke up but deep down I'd be so pissed.

Nooooo, that would be horrible. T-ara makes my favorite k-pop music by far. I guess Shinsadong could just give those songs to someone else (Soshi? that'd be an acceptable alternative), but it would be highly disappointing to not have T-ara anymore.

tumblr_m0xngxtfGt1rqfg36o1_400.gif

Gotta take the bad with the good I guess, can't hate all the fans due to the few crazies. I'm amazed they don't have large security guys around them all the time, I sure as hell would.

Alta1r

I sure hope so

I don't know... I feel like this level of "fandom" is like being a hardcore drug addict. You don't just go back to normal life like it was no big deal. I wonder if they develop a twitch or some involuntary reaction when they hear their idol's name after they "quit."

tumblr_lemt4yQV3U1qcfba3o1_500.gif

I'm amazed they don't have large security guys around them all the time, I sure as hell would.

1701026_o.gif

luso

"In order to let fans who have waited so long listen to the absolute best music, the time taken to prepare for the new album may have become longer, but you will be able to see all five members of 4minute standing on a stage together in April."

Why I see this excuse every time a group has to delay their comeback?

(._.)

Banned
They were in Thailand

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0x9aiRBCT1qb0b9ro1_500.jpg[/IMG*]
[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0x9a5u4X31qb0b9ro1_500.jpg[/IMG*]
[IMG]http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0x99cbQOG1qb0b9ro1_500.jpg[/IMG*][/QUOTE]

awwww^^ i was comin in to post these

i luv her

Raiku

Catching up on RM today after a while, and Sohee's shyness is sort of cute, I didn't even know she was like that.

The Killers one was awesome too. Seeing Chun Hee reminded me of FO. It's hilarious how he's the same, they even play the same music they used to play for him lol. I was dying when he couldn't even take Suk Jin's tag off without help from Ji Hyo haha.

This whole T-ara thing is ridiculous. It makes no sense to take any of the members out because they all have a sizable fanbase and the group has been doing really well.
I could only understand changing the group's concept/focus and possible member swaps if they were doing poorly, but it's the opposite; this is the most popular T-ara has been since debut.

And all that crap about them getting lazy and "thinking highly of themselves", wtf? They have every right to be proud of their achievements after all the tireless work they've had to put in.
The only thing I can see happening is the addition of new members and possibly splitting the group which was mentioned earlier.
Along with the Korea/Japan split, I can also see a Music/Acting split or something along those lines so that there can be a sharper focus.

I don't mind bringing in more members to diversify the roster as it will likely bring in more fans but I don't want to see anyone go. It would be such a dick move for him to kick someone at the height of their popularity and ahead of finally receiving their official fan club. I wouldn't be surprised if this is all just publicity for some sort of sub-unit they are planning.

jbp1OUdVqs137g.jpg

j2MKT45EKyNqn.jpg

jbfRcUHqWKidUL.jpg

jAKcFgrL6AUnY.jpg

jbnXx61HMZbMl0.jpg

jtJqbqVkPIotx.jpg

edit:

Big Bang is going to be a guest on Lee Hyori's You & I

Big Bang‘s known for shaking up the conventional concepts of K-Pop, so it should come as no surprise that they have a little special something up their sleeves for their performance on an upcoming episode of SBS‘s ‘You & I’!

In collaboration with the same band that they performed with at their ‘2012 Big Show’ concert, the boys will be setting up a stage unlike any they’ve presented before to create a concert on the level of ‘world class’.

The live band they’ll be performing with is a dream team that has worked with the likes of Mariah Carey, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears, Chris Brown, and many more. This will be the first time they’ll be performing with Big Bang on a Korean broadcast show, so anticipation is definitely on the rise.

They’ve completely rearranged their fifth mini-album tracks like “Blue“, “Bad Boy“, “Fantastic Baby“, and even their previous hit, “Tonight“, just for the show.

Their ‘You & I’ guesting will also include a talk segment with MCs Jung Jae Hyung and Lee Hyori where they’ll show a wittier side to their stage charisma. And of course, this will also mark the reunion of the ‘Family Outing 2‘ siblings, Daesung and Hyori, for the first time in two years.

Be sure to check it all out on the March 18th episode of SBS’s ‘You & I’.

By the way, does anyone know if there are English subs of You & I anywhere?

Salazar

The purpose is not to just aimlessly take people out, and add others, but to implement a competitive strategy so that those who work hard and display their talents will be given more activities and opportunities, while those who sit back and “think highly of themselves” will not receive more opportunities.

This isn't going to fly.

5d5gH.gif

7NXJi.gif

KBS to produce a new audition program for “forgotten singers"
KBS has announced that they will be producing yet another audition program, but this time, specifically for “forgotten singers” to rediscover them, and create a new five member idol group.

On March 16th, KBS revealed, “We’ll be auditioning people that have released at least one album in the past and put them through a process where we’ll be choosing members for a ‘super idol’ group.”

Titled ‘Last Audition of My Life‘, producers will be choosing 30 contestants, who will take part in various missions and contests to become the last five standing. The final five will be able to debut as a super idol group under KBS.

The PD of the show stated, “This audition program will be different from the others in that it’s a survival audition specifically for singers that have already debuted but have been forgotten for various reasons. This is the last chance for singers that have essentially failed their first debut.”

The show will begin airing in May.

I wonder what kind of of people will participate in this. Most singers who have put out albums are not young so they may not fit an idol group. I don't think there are an abundance of idol age singers that fit this category but I could be wrong. Probably members of obscure rookie groups that faded into oblivion.

Conceptor

At last, the second chance that Boom has been waiting for. It's KBS too!

Nah though I agree that it's probably just younger trainees like you mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom