• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

also, top 3 poster? sure, but you're only 2 posts behind and 7 behind in the other thread. quite the gap. i'm sure 300 of those posts were you asking if someone was "legal".. loooool

Of course. K-pop rocks.

The point is, consistency. You're trying to make dreams that involve kpop sound creepy by making it sound like people are sitting around going "oh my god I'm going to dream about Teangoo tonight," "oh my god, me too!" "I can't wait to do what I'm going to do with her" etc etc. When in fact, it's completely involuntary what you dream about (unless you're an expert lucid dreamer or something, lol). It'd be like trying to decide how tall you're going to be.

On the other hand, spending enough time here to become a top poster, putting in however much time it took to get that OP down and posting/enjoying pictures of
underage
girls is completely voluntary. I got no issues with you being at #2. But if you're at #2, it's inconsistent to also be at #1.

In any case, 8 hour property final done! Goddamn law school. Anything exciting happen in the kpop world today?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Of course. K-pop rocks.

The point is, consistency. You're trying to make dreams that involve kpop sound creepy by making it sound like people are sitting around going "oh my god I'm going to dream about Teangoo tonight," "oh my god, me too!" "I can't wait to do what I'm going to do with her" etc etc. When in fact, it's completely involuntary what you dream about (unless you're an expert lucid dreamer or something, lol). It'd be like trying to decide how tall you're going to be.

On the other hand, spending enough time here to become a top poster, putting in however much time it took to get that OP down and posting/enjoying pictures of
underage
girls is completely voluntary. I got no issues with you being at #2. But if you're at #2, it's inconsistent to also be at #1.

In any case, 8 hour property final done! Goddamn law school. Anything exciting happen in the kpop world today?

Uh, it is weird.. when people go into detail of their dreams. I'm not sure how else to put it, heh.

But yeah, I felt like our OP needed an overhaul, so what? Had some free time after and even during work, why can't I work on something for others to enjoy and appreciate? Is that wrong?

Anyways, I'm done with this. It's best to just put someone on ignore and let them go on and do their own thing

/insert Yoona/Jessica picture

I enjoyed this. do you like your mum or IU?

imagine having to pick between these two

63c8a3dc550a1fb7d85549e2d90adce7_large.jpg

vanty

underage
Aren't the vast majority of the women posted in here in their early 20's? Then the few who aren't are in their late teens, with no one younger than 17.

You really are freakishly obsessed with the concept of "underage".

ramyeon

Just let it go, guys.

Watching 2NE1's Nolja concert in Tokyo and it's amazing. GD&TOP along for the ride too. YG tours are always amazing - I'm gonna make it my goal to get to one of these in Korea at least. Looks like a blast.

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/12/sm-e...ly-wanted-to-name-super-juniors-shindong-udon

On the episode of SBS ‘Strong Heart‘ that aired on December 13th, Shindong revealed that he almost debuted as ‘Udon‘ (Japanese noodle soup).

“CEO Lee Soo Man said that because I have a comical image, we should go with ‘Udon’ as my stage name,” he explained. “I told him that I thought ‘Udon’ was a bit much, so he asked what I thought of ‘Dongchoon’ (adding choon to Dong to make it sound more tacky). I then suggested that since my full name is Shin Dong Hee, we remove the ‘Hee’ part and go with ‘Shindong’, but he said that it was too ordinary and we should go with Shin-don (‘don’ meaning ‘money’ in Korean).”

I knew Lee Soo Man was cool.

4udPY.gif

Onew's birthday.

7stTO.gif

Christmas Soshi.

2Ol6H.gif
RoRNa.gif
7XTZu.gif

knE8P.gif
RuLOI.gif
TzIfZ.gif

C338l.gif
axJBf.gif
QTDvy.gif

Ranvier

I enjoyed this. do you like your mum or IU?

imagine having to pick between these two

Easily done, Suzy all the way. Don't you guys think IU kinda looks like Younha? That girl has a really nice voice. IU (in that pic anyhow) is also giving off Juno vibes (can't remember the girl who played her) On phone right now so can't post comparison pics.

And Sica does look sexy but Yuri easily wins there. Damn those would make perfect Christmas avatars if we were still allowed.

edit: that's Suzy and IU right?

ramyeon

Now this is how you make a Winter song.... Going back from most recent (Skipping Only Love because I never really liked it) to oldest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQUD1V00ts8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQH-_i3cB68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSAujnnM1CY (Worth it just for Santa Moon Hee Jun, awesome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q6jZb3PxBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzF5RbCmSZo

So damn nostalgic. I played the hell out of all of these during the early 00s. Those were brighter days for SM, even without SNSD. And then there were the Summer albums... oh man.

Alta1r

Don't you guys think IU kinda looks like Younha?

Her?
16199_younha-230905.jpg

Who is she?

Now this is how you make a Winter song.... Going back from most recent (Skipping Only Love because I never really liked it) to oldest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQUD1V00ts8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQH-_i3cB68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSAujnnM1CY (Worth it just for Santa Moon Hee Jun, awesome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q6jZb3PxBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzF5RbCmSZo

So damn nostalgic. I played the hell out of all of these during the early 00s. Those were brighter days for SM, even without SNSD. And then there were the Summer albums... oh man.

What are some of these older people up to nowadays? Like whoever was in that 2003 and 2002 ones? It's crazy how much production values and visual effects have changed in less than a decade too.

ramyeon

Her?
16199_younha-230905.jpg

Who is she?

What are some of these older people up to nowadays? Like whoever was in that 2003 and 2002 ones? It's crazy how much production values and visual effects have changed in less than a decade too.

For the most part they're all still in the business doing solo stuff, acting or still a group (Shinhwa, one of the biggest boybands SM has made along with HOT and DBSK are making a comeback next year).

And Younha's awesome, go look her up on YouTube. She has some really good stuff.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
So.. if anyone plays or knows of league of legends, the newest champion/character does the RDR dance:

lolgifn4wxe.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Easily done, Suzy all the way.
Yeah. IU is awesome and as a musician myself I think she's amazing, but she seems like the kind of girl who would end up making me depressed all the time, lol.

Don't you guys think IU kinda looks like Younha?
I always thought she looked like a much cuter and Korean version of Ellen Page.

IU (in that pic anyhow) is also giving off Juno vibes (can't remember the girl who played her) On phone right now so can't post comparison pics.
See, you see it, too! Once you see it, you can't unsee it. I don't like Ellen so maybe that makes me prefer Suzy even more.

Ranvier

Yoong promoting her romance drama.

It totally looks like she has little oompa feet and a super long torso...which she probably does since she is Asian. Most Asian people have short legs and long torso's. My friend is 5'5 and she's taller than me when we sit down, I'm 5'9.

Could it be that I have a short torso...???

Anyway, Yoong usually looks/seems pretty proportional. Maybe the pic is just oddly angled.

Yeah. IU is awesome and as a musician myself I think she's amazing, but she seems like the kind of girl who would end up making me depressed all the time, lol.

I always thought she looked like a much cuter and Korean version of Ellen Page.

See, you see it, too! Once you see it, you can't unsee it. I don't like Ellen so maybe that makes me prefer Suzy even more.

Same, not a fan. I tried to google pics of her to post comparisons but upon close inspection, they don't look alike in side by side pictures. I guess the best way I can describe it is that she gives off an Ellen Page aura. Could be the facial expressions, subtle way she tilts her head, a look in the eyes. I can't really explain it but when I see IU, I connect it to Ellen page or Younha,.

About to get super nerdy so fair warning.

In terms of how facial recognition works; once you "know" a face, you get a dedicated group of neurons dedicated to that face. So when you think about that person and see that person, that specific group of neurons fire each and every time. For example, I'm assuming everyone here knows who Brad Pitt is. We each have a group of neurons dedicated to Brad Pitt that fire whenever we see his face. Now the amount of and location of these Brad Pitt neurons are different in each person but nevertheless, anyone who knows who he is, has them. You can be put in a Fmri machine, shown pictures of that fool, and after that, you can be shown a assortment of pictures with the Pitt randomly thrown in. The scientists would be able to tell exactly when you got to the Pitt picture even if they have no idea when it is, just by looking at the Fmri scan.

Now, lets say you meet someone (Bill) who looks like someone you already know (Phil). You already have neurons dedicated to Phil. Now because Bill looks like Phil, when you see Bill for the first time, some of your Phil neurons will fire along with the newly etched Bill neurons. Therefore you will have overlapping facial recognition neurons dedicated to 2 separate people. As time goes on and you start noticing the subtle differences in the faces, the neurons will get more refined and you may start to think Bill and Phil look more and more different then the initial encounter. Works well with twins.

In some cases, when you see someone new, previously etched neurons could fire along with the new ones, just on accident. In this case you may start "seeing" similarities in the new person with a person you already know that no one else sees. Like haven't you ever been in a situation where you are like "so and so totally looks like Bob" and some asshole is like "no they don't, you're smoking the MJ".

This also is related to why, some of us, when we were first getting into Kpop had a very difficult time distinguishing the Idols. Now, we can't even remember why in the hell we couldn't tell them apart. Part of it has to do with being exposed to faces of a particular race for the first time. But also, it's because over the past few months, we've spent so much time looking at their faces that we now have very specific neurons dedicated to them, not a lot of overlap. I sure as hell can map every corner of Yuri's face.

To tie is back, when I first saw IU, she probably just happened to be posing like Ellen Page in that pic and my brain tied them together. Of course none of this is an exact science, nor is it anywhere as simple as I've made it out to be. Memory and inaccurate recall of faces also has a lot to do with us seeing similarities in faces.

This also brings about a philosophical quandary. It's not just people talking about someone famous. We actually get physical changes in the brain. Each one of you have millions of cells dedicated to SNSD and the other Idols. It's scurry.

Calcaneus

I just can't get over the fact that one of the members of A Pink was born in 1996. That's just like a punch in the gut, I remember 1996.

Alta1r

It totally looks like she has little oompa feet and a super long torso...which she probably does since she is Asian. Most Asian people have short legs and long torso's. My friend is 5'5 and she's taller then me when we sit down, I'm 5'9.

Yeah, one of my Korean friends has a long torso and short legs too. She was dating an Indian dude that had a short torso and long legs so we'd make fun of her that their babies would either be Yao Ming or Mini-Me.

Science of facial recognition.

Haha, as I was reading through that I was thinking about how all idols looked pretty indistinguishable in the beginning. And then you hit it right on the head. That's some interesting stuff. Bio major?

I just can't get over the fact that one of the members of A Pink was born in 1996. That's just like a punch in the gut, I remember 1996.

This is not the topic you are looking for.
ObiWanMindTrick.jpg

Lol, but yeah, it's some trippy shit. That was the 72-10 Bulls season!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
facial recognition stuff
So are you sure we don't have neurons in our pants?

One of them. That said, it's an odd phenomenon. I'd say that as you continue getting older, humanity starts to look less mystical to you, for lack of a better way of putting it. When you are young, all the adults in your life are just there. You didn't see their upbringing, so your relation to them is separated by your own ignorance and you view them in a slight wonder. When you get older, and as you see kids grow up into competent individuals of their own, it takes the mystery out of the process from both directions and you relate to everyone in a more realistic way.

When that happens, you can get an odd mix of appreciations and understandings. To put it one way, whether an apple tree is 17 or 30 years old makes no difference to the presence of apples. If they are there, it is there, and it is good. Yet knowing the process of human development in many aspects, you know very well that if you had to spend a day with some of the younger ones they might annoy you. I could say that for sure about some, like Jiyeon. Yet there is little moral on that side of things, and it more a practical matter of cognitive balance, which can vary with people of the same age. The end result of these perspectives is something like Taewoo's constant charmed/irritated state on IY.

I can't help but feel that anyone who makes a big deal out of it is either immature or putting up a front as a defense mechanism against desires they aren't willing to admit because of social programming about their acceptability. It's much better to simply understand yourself and everyone else as complex creatures of biological imperatives and psychological admirations and needs.

Salazar

I think my brain appreciates the fact that I have one window open full of Kpop gifs and another few windows open full of a grey and static mass of archived newspaper and journal text.

LUgWi.gif
Ec52F.gif

ksHOK.gif
NaGte.gif

Salazar

December 31st. Bolded the awesome.

SBS Gayo Daejun Festival Performer List:
1. SNSD

2. Wonder Girls

3. miss A

4. KARA

5. IU

6. T-ara

7. Super Junior

8. 2PM

9. TVXQ

10. CNBLUE

11. SHINee

12. B2ST

13. MBLAQ

14. FT. Island

15. INFINITE

16. U-KISS

17. TEEN TOP

18. B1A4

19. K.Will

20. Boyfriend

21. Norazo

22. Baek Chung Gang, Kwon Ri Se, & David Oh

23. Brown Eyed Girls

24. f(x)

25. 4minute

26. G.NA

27. SISTAR

28. SECRET

29. Davichi

30. After School

31. Rainbow

32. A-Pink

33. Girls day

34. Dal★shabet

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Thought about it.

"lol Dice" was my main motivation.

Haven't paid enough attention to say either way. In any case, show is going to be so good.

It's also going to air at 2am my time and probably last until fucking 7am. Won't stay up for this.. maybe just go to sleep early and catch the bigger performances towards the middle of the show.

DXPett1

TaeYeon ( SNSD ) - Devil's Cry (Blu-Ray Sample, 10 Sec)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nzTArWoJsk

RockerTaeng in 1080p. Tempted to buy.

Niiiiiiice, this is a welcome surprised (thought Taeyeon only did this at the Singapore concert). My copy shipped at the start of the week. Cannot wait to rock out to it!

Hnnnnnnggggg. Thank the lord for Running Man introducing me to these two. So beautiful

December 31st. Bolded the awesome.

Shits getting real yo. Hopefully someone (in Soshified) rips the whole thing. Fantastic line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom