• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

Pistons ? Raptors ?

Say what?

edit: nm, I see it now

Nice, I like it. Goddamn, Taengoo kills all her looks in that video. I was hoping for random Soshi cameos throughout the video though.

I'm sure i'll get hate for this later, but i think fanny came out worst in the twinkle vid.

Seo in front of the piano was amazin.

Bangs Fany came out worst. Forehead Fany looked pretty good though. But damn, Seobaby seriously leveled.

Quadratic

BrVIU.gif

I want that Raptors hat actually. The Blue Jays tried the stylized T for a while. Less embarrassing than wearing a red dinosaur on your cap.

tumblr_m1klabIdXx1r3yp5ko1_500.gif

Link to the Ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf5mE26QcCg

Alta1r

Our fav kpop-haters are back to lament another moment of kpop seeming the slightest bit mainstream.
Nothing makes my Monday better than seeing k-pop GAF collide with regular GAF. Nothing!

Loll, amen.

popcorn.gif

This should be good.

Wow.

I need to find the drinking game I made for SNSD OT topics, none of us would be sober after the first page. It's probably the same posters that have to vent their cynicism about how much they hate it for no real reasons. Although I can't fault them, because if I would have seen this 5 years ago before knowing anything about Soshi I would have the same feelings.

Closer to 1 year ago for me, lol. This OT drinking game sounds fun, you should post it if you find it.

Fafnir

oniontaker said:
[INFO] Official S♡NE membership

For the new people, yes, an official fanclub exists.
No, you can’t join it. At least, not yet.
Membership has been closed for something like three years.

Signing up makes you an official member of the fanclub and usually gives you priority access to certain events or ticketing. A card proving membership will be issued to each person who joins and usually a welcome pack is sent out.

When it comes, any current members must re-apply so everyone starts on an equal footing.

At the moment, the official S♡NE membership is not open yet. But there is a process that SM Entertainment usually goes through.

They let slip rumours of the opening coming up soon.
They recruit SUPPORTERS.
They open up membership to S♡NE

They’re currently recruiting SUPPORTERS. This is not that important for international fans.
But it means that the second official S♡NE membership should be opening up soon.

These people support SM Entertainment activities related to anything and everything SNSD where fan participation is required. These are semi-professional positions (unpaid) that carries a lot of responsibility and very little payback in return. There is no president, chairman… all SUPPORTERS are regarded as equals.

These people can sometimes have access to sensitive information and thus must be selected very carefully by the company. SUPPORTERS, this time round, have two stages to pass: paper application and formal interview.

SUPPORTERS, much like seats in an election, are selected for each geographic area of Korea. They have a minimum age limit of first year of high school. They must provide proof of having attended a minimum number of shows, concerts, schedules, studio recordings etc.

For the present recruitment cycle, I don’t think that SM will be taking in international fans for SUPPORTERS. In fact, it’s impossible unless you are living in Korea (a foreigner in Korea will have a chance) since there a set number of SUPPORTER vacancies and they all relate to a geographical area in Korea.

But the good news… is that the second S♡NE membership recruitment should be coming very soon.

Trying to join the official S♡NE fanclub is like applying for a job...

Biscuits

omigaaawd the glorious return of forehead Tae. Yes Seohyun has definitely levelled up, but I find the lack of Tiffany disturbing.

Trying to join the official S♡NE fanclub is like applying for a job...
Well I think this is just referring to the Supporter role, which from what's described is a job (except SM can't say that because then it'd be child labour).

lunlunqq

I managed to avoid the previous general GAF Kpop thread but couldn't resist to take a peek into the latest...

Now I've been fight the urge to go there and post comments suggesting a group people there to go get a room, start a orgy, enjoy having anal intercourse between themselves, and leave us alone....

It would probably result in me being banned. Does it worth it?

Quadratic

Yeah, I don't really see the need getting banned over that. I mentioned in that thread the OP was just a news post. Sure it didn't really have it's own thread in OT, but I can say that about 90% of the crap over there.

Quadratic

That guy probably lurks this thread like a lot of people. I mean look at the page view count. No way the core posters are at home/work constantly f5'ing this thread.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Fuck yo bandwidth! Jung bomb, motherfuckers!

iTPmuQW2JVFuc.jpg

i0MwajKbUD3JV.jpg

ixsJGVKx8k1C8.jpg

ibiFGrMlSxo3am.jpg

ism0oSG2OD0f2.jpg

ibqs7vsCwPGVah.jpg

I love this face.

iflDKkYTfpPMQ.jpg

i8sz1lDkk2elG.jpg

Holy shit!

iVPiEqAiHIqiY.jpg

Cute Sunny bonus.

ibtFWynprikeG3.jpg

iblCK1d72RMQpv.jpg

i9DeyRzeVWIZT.jpg

Ridiculous pose for fans.

ibbD9MCfS6adNG.jpg

ikXd5dXmL0hsG.jpg

iE3Hljz8dwSgY.jpg

iga0QKYPH9gK5.jpg

ib1oUDEc0q1dan.jpg

From Running Man. This will be so good!

iV9f66skVCgmq.jpg

ibc1yZNywLBL4K.jpg

inEmzVCoPXQv1.jpg

ibhjjntuuiAgnc.jpg

ihZ7qUR0kGqmo.jpg

Breathcheck.

iPVQYqUGYGXCV.jpg

ibkEJgTfFBFB8j.jpg

ibwdgMoQHr6uYs.jpg

ibzav8L4sku58y.jpg

ibv835gHdxODAn.jpg

ibe4oe4VzwzP2R.jpg

ibn9glPNuNvycP.jpg

ibyl47cqb7DoD9.jpg

iNG9BZop21Fmt.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I have a question for the thread from a complete non-fan of the genre, but something I've been tasked with finding out for a friend.

Are there any K-Pop acts that are based in America? Male/Female/Solo/Group, any of those would work. Maybe that sounds silly, but that's question.

Salazar

Are there any K-Pop acts that are based in America? Male/Female/Solo/Group, any of those would work. Maybe that sounds silly, but that's question.

Can't think of any. The ones with American and Canadian origins or family spend time there, but it doesn't seem like it would be feasible to maintain fans. I mean, fans get mad when an act goes to Japan for a week.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Can't think of any. The ones with American and Canadian origins or family spend time there, but it doesn't seem like it would be feasible to maintain fans. I mean, fans get mad when an act goes to Japan for a week.

Wonder Girls have been based in America for a few years, not made huge success out of it though.

Awesome, thanks! Carry on :)

Ranvier

Yuri's look is the best.

She's always the best and tends to outshine everyone else, even when in the background. I seriously thought it was a Yuri gif before my eyes focused on Goo flopping around in the foreground.

Min watching games of thrones is awesome. I wonder if she's read the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom