• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fafnir

Stalker reports that Taeyeon and Sunny was at Fany's Fame debut. Taengoo was not pleased with the kiss scene lol

No1tn.jpg

ERhR7.jpg

Later on back at the dorms:
yDBdt.gif

Alta1r

Krystal, Sunday, Dana and Victoria:
BsK7S.jpg

Man, Nichkhun...how could you not do anything?

And my exile isn't self-imposed, yo. I'm just getting taxed like a Spanish colony for internet by this hotel.

Lol, why are you in Tazmania anyway?

Stalker reports that Taeyeon and Sunny was at Fany's Fame debut. Taengoo was not pleased with the kiss scene lol

ERhR7.jpg

Lol, Taengoo checking up on her Fany to make sure there was no tongue.

Ditch the wife, get with IU. Easy solution really.

I agree with Ash. Just look at that face:

tumblr_lwk6utgAC11r3vlxco1_250.jpg

And goddamn. Not really a fan of this song, but jesus IU's burning it up in this: IU - Only I Didn't Know.

Ranvier

So netizens are cool with stuff like this? Like the kissing scene doesn't bother them? I'm still unsure as to what things set them off and what doesn't, I'd think the kissing scene would piss them off.

I dunno, fany's been dropping fast in the ranks for me. I think it's the bangs. That haircut is like a bowl cut mixed with a mullet. Also fany and Sooyoung were pretty annoying on dangerous boys. Sooyoung with that "cutie" thing made me cringe so hard and fany was just unproductive. She needs return to hello baby fany, she was so hot in that.

Alta1r

So netizens are cool with stuff like this? Like the kissing scene doesn't bother them? I'm still unsure as to what things set them off and what doesn't, I'd think the kissing scene would piss them off.

That was business. Netizens only care when it's for pleasure.

I dunno, fany's been dropping fast in the ranks for me. I think it's the bangs. That haircut is like a bowl cut mixed with a mullet. Also fany and Sooyoung were pretty annoying on dangerous boys. Sooyoung with that "cutie" thing made me cringe so hard and fany was just unproductive. She needs return to hello baby fany, she was so hot in that.

Lol. Treading on some dangerous ground there Ranman. But yeah, bangs-Fany is not particularly special. Soo was good for breaking the ice and all, but that "cutie" thing was unnecessary. Soo/Fany and Sunkyu didn't really get any screen time after their introductions either. Either Sica and Yoona's boys are a lot more entertaining than the other three or they need to step up their game, maknae style. Although Sunkyu's pretty good with variety so it might just be the boys. One of Fany/Soo should go an entire episode without smiling, that would be awesome.

tumblr_lwhlx86McN1qccg08.jpg
tumblr_lwhlyaBfvf1qccg08.jpg

tumblr_lwj748P5pR1r8xm7po1_500.gif

tumblr_lwj746u0HQ1r8xm7po1_500.gif

Niks

[Trans] Tiffany expressed her view on the kissing scene in :

During an interview, KoN said, "Schlomo and Carmen are lovers in the show, there is a kissing scene. It's the first time handling a piece with kissing scene, whenever I am doing it I still feel awkward and embarrassed.

Since Tiffany has many SNSD fans, I told her, 'Acting together with you might get me many anti fans'. However Tiffany told this to me, 'SNSD fans are mature people, knowing that this is acting skill required for the musical, there will not be antis, so you don't have to worry'. She made me relieved as a mature person."
KoN smiled as he said this.

yDBdt.gif

This always gets me.

Ranvier

SY was hilarious.

Naw, she sucked.

That was business. Netizens only care when it's for pleasure.

Lol. Treading on some dangerous ground there Ranman. But yeah, bangs-Fany is not particularly special. Soo was good for breaking the ice and all, but that "cutie" thing was unnecessary. Soo/Fany and Sunkyu didn't really get any screen time after their introductions either. Either Sica and Yoona's boys are a lot more entertaining than the other three or they need to step up their game, maknae style. Although Sunkyu's pretty good with variety so it might just be the boys. One of Fany/Soo should go an entire episode without smiling, that would be awesome.

Hahahahaha at the business and pleasure thing.

Clever girl.gif

Makes sense though, I feel like the only reason they get worked up is cus they want to be with the idols themselves. They fantasize and shit and make up personalities for them that suit their own inadequacies. Therefore, when they see idols like GD smoking weed or Sica "drinking tea" they go batshit crazy. It doesn't fit with what they built up in their heads.

And it's not dangerous ground. All I'm saying is that fany hasn't been bringing her A game recently. She's been hovering at B-. Sunny been at a B- too but I think the poor girl is just tired. As for Sooyoung, well, let's just say she's always been an average student. Hyo on the other hand has studied and is entering A- territory.

The only boy that may really need help from the girls was seohyun's kid. He seemed really uncomfortable. Fany's kid looks like a Starcraft 2 nerd, his fights were probably over matches. Yuri's guy looks super arrogant and swarthy. That asshole better not try to cop a feel on Yuri. Sunny and Hyo's kids are just lazy, don't need much help, just typical teenagers.

Fafnir

Not sure on the netizen rage meter, but I like to think that the netizen hate is usually from female fans of boy bands and the Soshi haters are mainly ELFs. I shudder to think what the netizen/ELF rage would have been if it was a Fany and Eunhyuk kissing scene.

KreaR.jpg

Alta1r

tumblr_lwk6j6CVgK1r8oi0no1_500.jpg

Lol.

In 2nd place, it is none other than the maknae, Seohyun. Seohyun’s composed and trustworthy image is a favorite among advertisers. The appearance fee for rising stars in cosmetic products’ advertisement is around 100-200 million Won per advertisement. If Seohyun was paid 200 million Won per advertisement, she would have received an estimated fee of 400 million Won for two advertisements filmed.

Read this on some other site talking about the 9 members' earnings. Maknae beat out errbody but Yoona, wtf?

Curtain call for Fany @ her Musical.
HD fancam version of Fany @ her Musical.

Ranvier

Lol.

Read this on some other site talking about the 9 members' earnings. Maknae beat out errbody but Yoona, wtf?

I remember when I couldn't spoy the difference. I was so naive and innocent back then
6 months ago

Damn that cunning Maknae. If I did my conversions right that's like 350 thousand dollars just from the 2 advertisements. Yuri better step her game up, my love ain't cheap. I really don't get what they do with their money. You never see them doing super lavish shit, they still fly commercial airlines, albeit first class. And most of the gadgets and stuff they get from fans as gifts for reasons I still cannot fathom. I guess we have to keep mind SM probably takes 95.3% of that 400 million won chunk.

Where the hell is the second episode of dangerous boys???

Alta1r

I remember when I couldn't spoy the difference. I was so naive and innocent back then
6 months ago

Damn that cunning Maknae. If I did my conversions right that's like 350 thousand dollars just from the 2 advertisements. Yuri better step her game up, my love ain't cheap. I really don't get what they do with their money. You never see them doing super lavish shit, they still fly commercial airlines, albeit first class. And most of the gadgets and stuff they get from fans as gifts for reasons I still cannot fathom. I guess we have to keep mind SM probably takes 95.3% of that 400 million won chunk.

Dangerous Boys airs on Sundays I think. There was so much random shit to watch when I had finals. Now I got free time and nothing to watch, lol.

And yeah, I would not have guessed the maknae. I don't think I've ever seen any commercials with only her in them. Yoong's at 3 billion won according to that same article, aka $3M annually for CFs just by herself. Then errthing else for all their group promotions and actual music-related sales. All the Soshi girls are pretty well off.

According to another article:
On November 4, Kim Young Min appeared alongside SM Entertainment Japan’s Shigeo Maruyama on the Japanese FBS TV Show “Tokoro, Sanma’s Who Is Moving the World Discussion.” Kim Young Min spoke about how K-Pop succeeded and the direction it needs to take now.

He also explained that finding and training each SNSD member cost around $3 Million dollars per member. There are about 30,000 individuals who take SM auditions and only about 100 end up receiving training. The costs of doing an audition and training reaches nearly $3~5 Million.

tumblr_lwkmfkP1gY1r1l73do1_500.jpg

Ronok

6 months ago

I assume they don't want to waste their money away. I mean it doesn't take that much for things to go south, even if you're at the top.

Cube Entertainment has announced the next sub group after Trouble Maker:

The good news is that its 4Minute's Gayoon and Jiyoon.
The bad news is that they're going to be a ballad duo.

Alta1r

And it probably wont get released to US iTunes anyway. Screw Cube Ent.
Yes, I'm still salty over Trouble Maker.

tumblr_lwjniubE261qeeesfo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lwjb8fy5ZZ1r12i8n.jpg

Ranvier

According to another article:
]

So SM is probably taking a lot more then the standard 10%.

I assume they don't want to waste their money away. I mean it doesn't take that much for things to go south, even if you're at the top.

True, damn netizens. At least they are being smart about it. Each girl must be worth at least 8 figures now. I wonder why the other girls don't do as many CFs. Are they simply not offered them. Taengoo should be in a lot more stuff seeing how's she's the second most popular. But then again, she doesn't do much outside of the singing aspect. Shell do variety stuff like dangerous boys, something I'm sure all the girls are contractually obligated to do. But I can't imagine taengoo joining something like IY.

From some of the subs it seems like all the IY girls had to audition to get on. I wonder what they had to do. Maybe shit like " let's see how fast you can dig a hole. But you have to be sexy and funny while doing it".

Alta1r

Only one I've heard for sure is Dal Shabet performing SES's I'm Your Girl, so yeah. Old school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmTLDtr4qY

Old school for me is generally last decade lol. Since this is the stuff I was listening to back in the very early 2000s.

Ahh, lol. Hopefully that means Hyori will make an appearance. And performs Mr. Big - my favorite Hyori song
despite that white bathing suit outfit she's got going in that video lol

Fafnir

This might be the last Music Bank for awhile as KBS is on labor strike so no new Music Bank or G8 until next year.

Moms got me Mr.Taxi and SMTown Winter while she was in Korea. If Soshi somehow defeats IU on this last Music Bank with Mr.Taxi, Taengoo can thank me personally ;)

I2rVQ.jpg

ramyeon

Also, the Mnet Countdown Christmas Special was pretty fantastic. Really enjoyed A Pink's stages as well as After School (Don't think the Pledis Boys really do much here...) and Wonder Girls. Wish they had promoted Me, in a bit and not Girls Girls though.

Alta1r

You really over-sold and under-delivered on that link.

FOR SHAME!

Lol. Well she does look naked under there. And, it's kpop. That's the closest it gets.

Some random Soshi facts from a fan list. Not sure how accurate these are but some of the more interesting/ridiculous ones:
7.Taeyeon’s phone was once lost and it was found inside the refrigerator

10.SNSD’s Costume Costs for 2009, 1 Billion Won

47.Hyoyeon has 14 ear piercings. She also has one on her tongue.

yuri has 3 steps of managing her anger;
1 - she will talk to herself in order to relax (“calm down yuri, calm down”)
2 - she stares at the person she is angry at
3 - she locks herself in a room for a while. after that, she goes out from the room and confronts the person that causes her anger, with A LIST OF HER UNSATISFIED-NESS in her hand. she will read the list one by one to the person. if the person reasons his/her behaviour, she will go back to her room and come back with a new improved list

hyoyeon is the most hygienic member, while fany is the dirtiest member

Source

tumblr_lwkqq14l3Q1r01zw2o1_500.gif

Deadly

Some random Soshi facts from a fan list. Not sure how accurate these are but some of the more interesting/ridiculous ones:
How can you not include this
taeyeon enjoys asses too much and she also enjoys sunny a little bit to much
It seems like s a compilation of things they've said on shows/interviews since some of the stuff I recognize (Sunny being afraid of fireworks because it reminds her of explosions from her time in Kuwait, Jessica sucks at cooking, Taeyeon sleeptalk etc.)

Alta1r

How can you not include this

It seems like s a compilation of things they've said on shows/interviews since some of the stuff I recognize (Sunny being afraid of fireworks because it reminds her of explosions from her time in Kuwait, Jessica sucks at cooking, Taeyeon sleeptalk etc.)

Lol, that one was good too but I figured it was common knowledge here so I left it. Byuntae is awesome. Maybe we'll see a return to Sunkyu's ass as revenge after Fany's kiss scene.

vanty

2NE1 and SNSD Japan album are around equal I'd say since 2NE1 only have 6 songs, one of them (Ugly) being terrible. Perfume JPN is by far the best pop album of the year from what I've heard. Gaga's album has a couple great songs, a few decent ones, but half of it is almost Adele-level boring.

But how can Adele even be on such a list. She should be on coma-inducing album of the year or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom