• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

You guys like Hyo. No one gives you any credit.
wZbUx.gif

Where do you guys get the gifs with captions?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
MBC Gayo Daejun thoughts:

Girl's Day - WTF @ the boots, also the early cut killed the brilliant ending to the song.

Dal Shabet - So good. They are amazing rookies and I feel bad for them being outshined by the impossibly perfect A Pink. They also have their own sound that is really unique. That probably means it isn't too widely appreciated, but it has a place in my musical moods. Subin is the hotness.

Rainbow - OOOOOOMG! (@____@;) *drool* Hot new remix with hot remixed choreo as well. Holy shit, so hot! Every single one of them! Still #1 hottest girl group and still defending their #3 position in my overall rankings against the encroaching A Pink.

Secret - Shy Boy remix is utter garbage. Sucked the energy right out of it which was reflected in their dancing. I mean, how do you even dance to that with the same choreo? At least Jieun looked amazing as usual. And was Sunhwa just wearing a bra? lol!

Sistar - EXCELLENT remix on Ma Boy. I want this version in my iTunes. Dasom amazing as usual.

A Pink - Nice slightly pumped up remix and I can't even believe they're rookies anymore. Not just rookies of this year, but best rookie year ever seen from a group. So incredible and so strong.

4 Minute - Cool stuff they had going on there, but I feel like they are losing themselves as a group. Sohyun was hot.

miss A - Not a fan of the GBB silver mix. Second half was pretty hot. Suzy has been making slow but steady improvement in her singing.

SNSD - SO MUCH LEGS... and it's pretty definitive that Jessica has the nicest ones. That said, Sooyoung has really improved her english. Good show. The song is also good. Why you holdin out on the good songs for their album, SM? On Seohyun's part when they wave their hands they're all goofing off and also trying to hard to keep it together, it's hilarious and adorable.

After School - Shampoo really needed more oomph and this is perfect. I demand a full remix like this be released. Then ouch, some weird audio problems causing a delay. Lizzy was sharp and caught on quick and just lipsynced her part till they fixed it. Good show Lizzy.

Wonder Girls - More audio issues, don't do that to my BBs... :( Concept was... ehhh... so awkward. They don't have dat rock swagger. Don't try to force it. As expected, Yubin and Yenny were hot.

Jiyeon/IU/Luna - That was so great. SES was my first and only kpop back in the day before I stopped listening to it and came back a decade later, so this was a really rare kind of nostalgia for me.

Hara - That is the most badass stage I've ever seen for Kara. DSP using dat Yen. In the bit where they talked to Kara, Hammie was soooo beautiful

T-ara - As expected of them, nice song, kind of peppy, kind of sloppy. They're being cute, Qri is a dreamboat, Jiyeon has dat ass, Soyeon doesn't give a fuck. And uh... Yamato... don't watch this one. Just trust me and don't.

T-ara & MBLAQ - I can't believe they put them together since Hwayoung looks just GO's twin. Qri is sooooooo hot. I'm glad it seems like New Boram is here to stay. Kind of makes up for Hwayoung being there.

SoMin & HyoYou - This was cool. Hyomin is looking healthy again. Maybe she's getting more food and rest with her acting behind her.

Overall I gotta say... Rainbow killed it tonight. That shit was crazy.

Peru

Back from partying and sleeping and driving. It's MBC Gayo time and my most urgent observation is: Girl's Day have gone full j-pop idol with their date game videos and school uniforms and are unfortunately dead to me at this point.

Alta1r

Victoria looked pretty gorgeous MCing the MBC show. But goddamn those cameramen, I had to stop watching cause those cuts were making me nauseous. Did MBC do a focus group study and come to the conclusion that their viewers all have ADD and need a wildly different camera angle every 3 seconds or else they'll change channels? Jesus.

tumblr_lx4kwtSU7u1r42bsvo6_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_lx4kwtSU7u1r42bsvo3_250.jpg
tumblr_lx4iwxu2Mb1r42bsvo4_250.jpg

Edgeward

The After School performance was surprisingly good considering what a weak year they have been having. So it's nice to see the year end on a high note for them.

And the Hara stage was great especially since it was missing everyone else.

Salazar

Eunjung's sprained ankle is in for a bit of punishment.

4 Minute - Cool stuff they had going on there, but I feel like they are losing themselves as a group.

True. Jiyoon and Sohyun's thing will be cool in its own right, but they really do need a killer promotion all together.

Sookie twitter/Korean social media analogue

WWyVQ.jpg

Rainbow sub-unit ?

Seung A, Ji Sook & Hyun Young’s sub-unit will seemingly go by the name Rainbow Pixie. Their first digital single is named HOI HOI and is listed as a possible 01/06 release date.

Rainbow Pixie HOI HOI loooool

Lubby dubby dubby releases tomorrow. stoked. teaser for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqeTv2VkeAY

I love how the theme doesn't match the music at all. I can never be bothered to watch the full MVs anyway, just give me the short version.

Jiyeon/IU/Luna - That was so great. SES was my first and only kpop back in the day before I stopped listening to it and came back a decade later, so this was a really rare kind of nostalgia for me.

Can you recommend any other good SES songs? I stumbled upon Dreams Come True the other day, which I really like much better than the original.

In the process of stumbling, I came upon this SNSD cover of the song too. Yuri really started off great, I actually thought they were lip syncing SES, too bad she dropped the ball at the end.

Man, this list keeps getting longer. First Taecyeon, then Seunggi, now this tall f*cker. Time to get to work. Although, I can't blame em, how could anyone resist:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx4gkqYHz81qccg08.jpg

I can resist because I am no longer distracted by her beautiful face.

It's posts like these that make us Hyoyeon lovers lose credibility.

Well said.

Found this on 4chan earlier today. Hyomin is rising FAST on my chart. The great thing about not watching alot of kpop is discovering these gems that have been right below your nose the entire time.

vanty

You can really see in that video they don't even try to say "Roly" instead of "Loly", I guess that's better than attempting the R sound and ending up with some weird sound in between the two.

Hyomin is the best anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom