• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

T-ara wave to fans.

AivPb.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lZ8Vl6GnDR4

GiMc1.gif
ZcADw.gif

Jing hanging out.

RTeIg.jpg

7Xv1a.jpg
WZ5Yz.jpg

TFImo.gif
0qxSV.gif

F87Yr.gif
1U6Qr.gif

Peru

" It's because they are filled with emotions."

How can they say words like filled but not fighting?

Umm, "fighting" is a fully Korean word at this point, it's pronounced the way it's written in Hangul. In Norwegian we have 'English' words like "juice", pronounced "yoos" because that's how the "j" sounds in our language - it's an imported word . That doesn't mean we can't say "juice" properly when speaking English.

Salazar

MKYU0.gif

aAcS9.gif

FhEhe.gif

sCa42.gif

Ficjs.gif
9rQ93.gif

gzzJh.gif
RHj2G.gif

Teaser image for "Rainbow Pixie". You're supposed to guess who the members are.

1h4SI.jpg

On January 3rd, DSP Media updated their official homepage with teaser showing the silhouettes of three members. They also kicked off an event where fans can guess who the three members are for the 24 hours until the trio’s full reveal.

As Rainbow is known for their mature, sexy concepts, the trio will be playing to the group’s cuter side, just like the meaning of their name ‘Pixie’. Their title track, “Hoi Hoi“, is about a spell cast by elves and is described to have a friendly melody that will be easy for anyone to follow.

The event ends on January 4th, and fans can expect to see the members, jacket photos, and music video teasers until the album’s full release on January 12th.

Rainbow have an even cuter side ? Man, what the fuck.

Salazar

Sub-unit is SeungAh, Jisook, and HyunYoung.

SeungAh

AJmCH.gif

Sookie

pQxoH.gif
zL0Ge.gif
eHuS1.gif

HyunYoung

2JuFO.gif

I guess having one sub-unit ordinarily means that there will be another.

Salazar

New Year's greetings from Bomi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K4MxaI9MM-8

Yoong's drama.

kz6pK.gif
cgw8O.gif
kIPYb.gif

AMDc5.gif
OZzTV.gif
2rduY.gif

Lovey Dovey is just so good.

HOMBP.gif

Watching RM 67. Between Running Man and Leessang, Gary is probably my favourite living entertainer.

And rookie alert.

ibs2p.jpg

This month, B2M Entertainment will be debuting a five member girl group named ‘SPICA‘. Comprised of Yang Jiwon, Park Narae, Kim Boa, Park Joo Hyun, and Kim Bo Hyung, the girls all received the help of their senior, Lee Hyori.

As previously revealed, Yang Jiwon was a member of ‘Five Girls‘, a girl group that included Wonder Girls‘ Yubin, After School‘s UEE, G.NA and SECRET‘s Hyosung.

Alta1r

The entire thing would consist of, sarangae, yogil, jakku, chok, and anyang. Which I guess still could make a good song cus 99% of Kpop songs have those words.

Lol, I'd pay
a dollar
to watch a conversation between you and Yuri in your Korean and her English.

Dayam, where did you get this gif? And do they have any more focused either to the right or left of this one?

And rookie alert.

ibs2p.jpg

I totally read that as "spic" first. Maybe that's what their fangroup will call themselves, lol.

JKTrix

As previously revealed, Yang Jiwon was a member of ‘Five Girls‘, a girl group that included Wonder Girls‘ Yubin, After School‘s UEE, G.NA and SECRET‘s Hyosung.
So I looked into this since I never heard of Five Girls. Apparently Jiwon was part of T-ara before they debuted, but then left. So this one girl seems to have a bit of history with pre-debut vanishment. At least she's persistent!

Gonna watch this 'Diary of Five Girls' thing to see if there's anything interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQldpVQpT6A

The Kpop member swapping thing is kind of fascinating to me. Like how Soyeon was going to be in SNSD, Hyuna was in Wonder Girls and all that.

Salazar

V3WSs.gif

I'll bet Spica are going to be good. Despite a kind of wonky name.

I'm pretty sure there are going to be a heap of lemming rookies this year, though. That bizarro Leader'S rip-off of AKB48 is only the beginning.

Finally caved and made a Yuri avatar. This didn't translate quite well into an avatar.

Hmm I think its because they lip-synced the song.

It's possible. It's what I thought at first. But the audio doesn't match the recordings I've heard on youtube so far, and I feel like there are glimpses of typical live performance issues like inconsitent volume and breathing into the mic.

Any thoughts about Time Machine?
Better than some songs in Korean album imo.

I like it. But the demo version sung by someone else was better. :p

Does Hyoyeon remind anyone else of Jihyo here? Just a little maybe?

I hope that's intentional makeup for comic relief. She literally looks like a clown.

Lovey Dovey is just so good.

HOMBP.gif

Eunjung really stole the mv in my opinion, whether it was her performance or just her eyelashes is hard to tell though.

JKTrix

Finally caved and made a Yuri avatar.
It's possible. It's what I thought at first. But the audio doesn't match the recordings I've heard on youtube so far, and I feel like there are glimpses of typical live performance issues like inconsitent volume and breathing into the mic.
Just as a note, that SNSD Diamonds thing wasn't "Live". They may have recorded it as if it were a live performance (without doing multiple takes like they do one some music shows), but when that was broadcast during the show the girls were in Japan. There was a gif of the girls huddled together with Jessica sinking down--I believe that was from the same show. The girls skyped in from Japan to say hi.

So for audio, they could have done some post processing or something on it.

Edit for credibility: I saw it 'live' and posted 'bout it!
Solo Hara Kara (just saw the rest of them on Kouhaku).

English Soshi (who I also just saw in Japan)

Niks

Yeah, its neat they are also showing a more mature side to soshi too.

Plenty of material for surprised/disappointed/shocked/ reaction gifs this ep..

Alta1r

Yeah, its neat they are also showing a more mature side to soshi too.

Plenty of material for surprised/disappointed/shocked/ reaction gifs this ep..

Yeah. All of them at one point or another seemed genuinely disappointed/upset. Fany looked like she was going to kill somebody. I liked her no bullshit tone though. I want to see what was on the Seo cuts that didn't make the final show, lol.

tumblr_lx6bpkUJTf1r8d9hdo1_500.jpg

Now we know what to do for the next episode.

tumblr_lx7966COCP1qie6hbo1_500.gif

tumblr_lx7966COCP1qie6hbo2_500.gif

Edgeward

Anyone have a channel where I can watch past season's of We Got Married? Missed the boat on this and me almost finishing IY1 and not feeling IY2 so far I need something else to fill the void.

Salazar

Taemin's koala simply looks dumb, rather than sinister.

Tb8mg.jpg

Edit: The more I look at it, kind of sinister. Man, fuck oversized bears in general.

Watching Ep 3. Disappointed/angry Tiffany would destroy me.

Rubby Dubby all kill

The term All Kill is pretty apt:

Boram said:
I feel like I’m going to explode on the inside. But what I hate more than that is the heavy, depressed feeling I get whenever I feel that way. I’m a little, no, really sad. I’m upset with myself at having to hold in my cries on my own as well as swallow down pills in order to keep myself from being sick

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/t-aras-boram-concerns-fans-with-latest-twitter-update

DXPett1

Finally got around to watching Dangerous Boys and its turning out to be a great show. I could barely stand it when Hyo was talking about her dad and crying. It brought a tear to my own eye.

Both Sunny and Hyo seem like pretty awesome people to be around!

Salazar

Needs a rest. God knows what the metabolism of an idol is like.

This is just goofy, for example.

During the broadcast, KARA confessed that while they love food, they stop eating completely when they’re scheduled to perform in revealing clothes. They explained, “When we had to wear those really short tops for ‘Mister,’ we didn’t eat anything. We didn’t even drink water.” They added, “However, once our performance ended, we ate just about everything we wanted. We gulped down water as soon as we left the stage and stuffed ourselves with sushi and cake in the dressing rooms. We would line up all the food we wanted to eat.”

P1LhJ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom