• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I find it funny, and very telling, that after the article saying Trouble Maker would adjust their choreography was released, they've become increasingly "comfortable" and intimate, that no move is removed, that Hyunseung has thrown away all notions of "manner hands" away and now just grabs Hyuna's ass, that they this week, for their goodbye stage, also added the dry hump segment from the Gayo to the number, including a good old doggy style manouvre, and that no further articles or mentions of censorship have been released. TV censorship in Korea: a good old farce. But I'm happy as long as that bump and grind lives on, although 'seung overdoes the yelps and moans a bit.
MNet is cable. Comments about censorship are always in reference to the public networks. He was a lot more grabbyhands this time, though. I swear he put his hand all the way to the top of her inner thigh.

Ranvier

Awesome!! Although we've been hearing this from other sources pretty often for the last year. There's a big differences between being aware of Kpop and being a fan. And we have to keep in mind NPR tends to oversell things. A few weeks ago on Forum they spent an entire hour on how eastern European folk songs are taking over and just 2 days ago on All Things Considered they talked about Bollywood taking the world by storm.

The article talked about how people love the songs and stuff but for me the reasons for delving into Kpop were different. For me, and maybe I'm the exception, it was the variety shows that pushed me over the edge. Yeah the songs were catchy and the girls were hot (that's what initially piqued my interest) but it was no better or worse then Bollywood or Russian pop or anything else. But the variety shows made me genuinely interested in the groups. But it's those same variety shows, which helped push kpop's popularity in Asia that won't fly here. A show like DG would never work in the states nor would Sunny's ayego.

The one thing Kpop does have going for it is the incredible fan support. Yeah it works against it sometimes but on the whole the fans really are the best. It's really kpop's best marketing campaign. I feel like that's the only real hope for Kpop to truly break out in the west.

Ashhong

I find it funny, and very telling, that after the article saying Trouble Maker would adjust their choreography was released, they've become increasingly "comfortable" and intimate, that no move is removed, that Hyunseung has thrown away all notions of "manner hands" away and now just grabs Hyuna's ass, that they this week, for their goodbye stage, also added the dry hump segment from the Gayo to the number, including a good old doggy style manouvre, and that no further articles or mentions of censorship have been released. TV censorship in Korea: a good old farce. But I'm happy as long as that bump and grind lives on, although 'seung overdoes the yelps and moans a bit.

Not possible if its Hyuna with him.

Peru

MNet is cable. Comments about censorship are always in reference to the public networks. He was a lot more grabbyhands this time, though. I swear he put his hand all the way to the top of her inner thigh.

The routine is the same on all the stations, although both of them vary the touchy parts a bit, heat it up more on certain occations.

Also, Boram looks, now as ever, uncomfortable and totally lost 90% of the time, on stage, on variety shows, in photo shoots. Not appealing, never looks like she was meant to be a pop star.

Ashhong

Hey, I saw no doggy style from Hyuna! You lied.

Remember a few weeks ago when everyone ragged on Boram, and Then I as like "Y'all crazy Boram is the hottest member" and then like 2 days later everyone was all "Holy crap Boram is hot!!" and I was like "I know".....

yea...

Yea...aren't only OC and Sal the ones with you on the Boram bandwagon? OC is pretty finicky about his kpop girls. I got him to dislike Eunjung just by pointing out her weird cheeks during Dream High. And Sal is Sal..he loves everyone! :D

Alta1r

tumblr_lxah0zkYWs1r3k0fmo1_r1_500.gif

How dare you talk about Huijang Sal that way! He is a brave and decent man. He's a pioneer!

tumblr_lxag6sJKQi1r3k0fmo1_500.gif

Ranvier

It's really difficult to place these girls in terms of who's hottest because honestly, barring a few girls which shall not be named because I don't want to reopen that can of worms, most of the girls in Kpop are pretty damn hot. Like I may talk shit about Sooyoung and that cunning Maknae from time to time but seriously, they're fucking hot. It all really comes down to different strokes for different folk. Plus they change their makeup style so often they are always moving up and down in hotness order. Jiyeon still rings supreme for me though in t-ara.

Kpop should post pictures of all these idols without make up, then we can have a true test of whose hottest.

The only time it's easy to distinguish is when you ask yourself, "whos the hottest girl in Kpop?" And then, the answer is and always will be Kwon Yuri. All the other rif-raff below her are relatively interchangeable.

Baby Milo

Remember a few weeks ago when everyone ragged on Boram, and Then I as like "Y'all crazy Boram is the hottest member" and then like 2 days later everyone was all "Holy crap Boram is hot!!" and I was like "I know".....

yea...

i said it way back when there were doing hello baby and everyone laughed hard as hell

Ooh, episode 70iSsubbed

6644097021_dba2051b2f_z.jpg

Really good episode, might have been my favorite one so far.

also the bungee jumping tower from Taeyeons WGM!

Son Yejin was a great guest, she needs to be on the show again, and Jong Kook continues to be the master of solving missions.

Alta1r

Seems like Soshi's on a break or something, at least from anything on camera. Good for them if they're getting rest finally, but bad for me.

tumblr_lxaxhiH3Hu1r1l73do1_500.png
tumblr_lxcafm72e71qd704zo4_250.jpg

Edgeward

Soyeon looks already comfortable in the leader position and emoted more than I'm used to seeing. So far off to a good start. Dig everything about Lovey Dovey, sick performance.

It's always very touching to see groups win their first award and be overwhelmed with emotion. Congrats to A-Pink, well deserved.

yea...

w8cEp.gif

Salazar

tumblr_lxbpinv0ee1qcb6wpcg.gif

tumblr_lnaa0gkerx1qag04p49.gif

tumblr_llhxkwiygh1qagtcqaw.jpg

tumblr_lxbggo82yn1r3z71obt.jpg

The 2NE1 = "projecting self-worth" thing is ridiculous. The NPR thing does miss the variety angle though, like you said, Alta1r, and it's so goddamn crucial. It's nowhere close to being the case that fans of this music just watch MVs over and over. I mean, there probably are people who really like it who don't get into stuff like Running Man or WGM or Star King or Hello Baby or any of the other shows - but it would seem to be pretty hard to avoid that stuff.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Boram is cool and all but she still doesn't make the top 5 in T-ara

>_________>

She just so happens to have the best picture in their album jacket photos for Funky Town.

Putting Qri in a category with Hwayoung is bogus, though.
Wasn't my intention. Just singling out Boram, from the rest of the group. She does fade at times, but while she won't win a looks-based comparison, she has a decent singing voice, and deserves more credit. These comments apply somewhat, though I think there are other people, from different groups, they'd be better suited to. That would be a topic for some other time, though.

But, yeah, opinions...

Salazar

tumblr_lxbvg5y2ne1r3cqb2so.gif

Just a few hours ago, Hyorin was one of the confirmed female cast members of MBC’s Lunar New Year special, ‘Pit-a-pat Shake‘.

Although the male partners of the show were supposed to be kept a secret, one industry official revealed on January 6th that Hyorin’s partner was none other than Super Junior‘s Sungmin.

The official revealed that the two completed a shoot at the National Theater of Korea on January 5th.

The show is the pilot program to MBC’s Lunar New Year specials and is considered a spin-off of ‘We Got Married‘ with a focus on dating, not married life.

As revealed earlier, joining Hyorin are Sunhwa, Seungyeon, and Lizzy. Producers revealed that the male partners are a mix of singers and actors.

tumblr_lxd3f1piys1qcyeyaz9.gif

What on earth is Pit-a-pat Shake supposed to mean ?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I don't think any of us will be getting a polaroid picture with our A Pink albums :(

Find the Polaroids photos located inside a limited number of Snow Pink albums!

Hello.
This is A Cube Entertainment.

Inside only 70 albums (available inside the albums produced during the first round of production) of A Pink's 2nd Mini Album "Snow Pink," you will find a Polaroid picture of our A Pink girls!

To those lucky fans that find the Polaroid in your album, enjoy your special prize.

Its been almost 2 months, wtf!

dbsoOPMOTRx6Nl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom