• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

I am not Max
tumblr_lxhuhgjXfE1qap5j8o1_500.gif

;~;
tumblr_lxhccmZpu81qi4imuo3_250.gif
tumblr_lxhccmZpu81qi4imuo4_250.gif

i don't even want to watch that episode

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/made-in-u-receives-a-0-viewer-rating

jTBC‘s star search reality program ‘Made In U‘ received a 0% viewer rating for its first episode, starting off on a very bad note.

On January 7th, the program aired its first episode, receiving precisely 0.189% in viewer ratings. ‘Superstar K‘, ‘Birth of a Great Star‘, and ‘Kpop Star‘ have been receiving ratings close to 20% viewer ratings. All three shows have earned an enormous amount of popularity. Compared to these shows, “Made In U” is a complete and utter failure.

The winner of this show is set to receive ~$1 million USD and a song from a famous foreign musician. These great prizes caught many peoples’ attention before the show began. However, viewers were disappointed by the messy and boring production style once the show finally aired.

The ep is at the link. God damn. Slammed so hard.

Salazar

tumblr_lxhj8ueeaw1r8fu147e.jpg

Sharing body heat to ward off their own douche chills.

US7NE.jpg

I laughed.

A Korean cosmetic-surgery clinic conducted a survey of Japanese patient visitors for the entire year of 2011 asking, “Who is your favorite Hallyu Star?” At the end of the year, KARA was the most preferred K-pop star among Japanese visitors.

Director Yoon In Mo of the hospital explained, “The most favored Hallyu star came out to be Park Gyuri, Nicole, Han Seung Yeon, Goo Hara, and Kang Ji Young who are in KARA. The following favorite stars after KARA were Jang Geun Suk, Bae Yong Jun, Girls’ Generation, Lee Byung Hun, and Jo In Sung. Through this survey, we were able to find out how the Japanese think about KARA’s image. The KARA members resemble puppy dogs. They all have cute and lovely faces. Some Japanese visitors brought photos of their favorite KARA member and asked to change their nose to look like their favorite KARA member. They wish to look a little more like their favorite stars, even if it’s through a nose job.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/japanese-tourists-undergo-plastic-surgery-to-look-like-kara

Salazar

Good point. HSC is apparently a bitch compared to more lenient modes of examination in some of the other states.

Queensland. We so chill.

vanty

Hey, I just thought you guys might be able to get a chuckle out of this video.
Funny how most of the kids are like "wtf there is a language other than English?!?" while the Asian kid is like "don't understand it, but some good shit right here" ahah.

That kid who was raging is such a bad actor, clearly not having a natural reaction and just trying to impress the people watching.

Oh and thank you Sal ;)

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
da fuck is this?

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/core...ment-claims-that-t-ara-will-add-an-8th-member
Cable channel KBS Joy and ETN recently announced that the first winner of their ‘Global Super Idol‘ audition will be appointed as the 8th member of girl group, T-ara along with 700 million won in cash with 300 million won in music production grant.

The advertisement released by the two cable channels revealed that the MCs of the audition will be T-ara’s Hyomin and singer Tony Ahn followed by three judges including Bada, Bobby Kim, and Kim Kwang Soo. According to the ad, the audition will kick off in March.

This announcement sparked a huge buzz on the internet as the advertisement received much hate from many fans who felt adding another member was completely redundant.

However, T-ara’s label company, Core Contents Media denied the announcement from the advertisement.

On January 9th, the agency had a phone interview with News En, stating, “We don’t know anything about the ad’s announcement of appointing the winner as the 8th member. What reason do we have to add another member?”

-

Edit: Dal Shabet is coming back the 26th. Hopefully this time they won't have the worst pants/goofiest choreo ever.

shuperstar

Alta1r

Fuck that! Choosing school over subbing Dangerous Boys, who does he think he is? Sal, how far are you from wherever he lives, I got a little mission for you.

tumblr_lxhlrnvSC01qbktr1o1_r2_500.gif

tumblr_lxhmv2TtIy1qbktr1o1_r1_500.gif

The advertisement released by the two cable channels revealed that the MCs of the audition will be T-ara’s Hyomin and singer Tony Ahn followed by three judges including Bada, Bobby Kim, and Kim Kwang Soo. According to the ad, the audition will kick off in March.

Is that THE Gwangvatar?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
KKS drunken gambling with the high rollers?

Edit:
[12.01.08] T-ara will not get an 8th member.

An official from T-ara’s management, Core Contents Media, spoke with Newsen on the 9th and cleared up the groundless rumors regarding the recruitment of an 8th member for T-ara “We were not aware of anything about selecting an 8th member. We have no reason to pick out a new member”.

There had recently been a controversy about a possible 8th member for T-ara when it was shown on a preview clip for KBSJOY and ETN’s joint production audition program, ‘Global Super Idol’, where it was revealed that the winner would earn the benefit of ‘promoting as T-ara’s 8th member’. However, the company revealed that it was merely groundless information.

[omitted other irrelevant information about the broadcast]

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201201090929461002
Translations: maknaes @ Diadem
So basically "we made up some random bullshit to get the show more attention"

OH KOREA

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Oh man, this Brave Girls remix.. where the hell did it come from?! Fucking awesome. Reminds me of "Tipsy" haha

Dice

New Dal Shabet concept: Sexy Ninjas

VXT9l.jpg

q4GbP.jpg

Hn8xC.jpg

I approve so much.

Edit: MORE

zWh61.jpg

UHS9A.jpg

I am VERY pleased.

Dice

Good lord, whoever that girl is...in 1080p... @_@
I'll tell you who I like, based on our common source. First, the leader... or at least lead singer, whatev. Then the girl who looks like Sohyun/Minzy except hotter. Then the blonde girl on the right with a few braids. The one you like, who is like a cuter Jihae, and the one who is like a cuter Viki are also good. Just a hot group, man. They've got the moves, too. We should probably learn their names sometime.

Alta1r

LOL. Nana too, what happened to her in that pic..

I'll tell you who I like, based on our common source. First, the leader... or at least lead singer, whatev. Then the girl who looks like Sohyun/Minzy except hotter. Then the blonde girl on the right with a few braids. The one you like, who is like a cuter Jihae, and the one who is like a cuter Viki are also good. Just a hot group, man. They've got the moves, too. We should probably learn their names sometime.

Hmm.. wiki + tumblr says you like, in order:

Eun Young
tumblr_lwscjprNIl1qizp5oo1_250.jpg

Hyeran
tumblr_lwscjprNIl1qizp5oo2_250.jpg

Seo Ah
tumblr_lwscjprNIl1qizp5oo4_250.jpg

Yejin
tumblr_lwscjprNIl1qizp5oo3_250.jpg

Yoojin
tumblr_lwscjprNIl1qizp5oo5_250.jpg

I'd put em Yejin, Seo Ah, Eun Young, Hyeran, Yoojin, lol. But yeah, I want to see some more of them. Is there some sort of rookie variety circuit/obligatory self-starring show for new groups? I'd watch that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom