• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiku

Mhmm that's the real good stuff. Eagerly awaiting.

vPUPZ.jpg

ryan-ts

Bestbuy selling T-ara albums in the US:

Speaking of K-Pop albums in North America, The Boys american release is tomorrow. I didn't think the album was anything particularly special after listening to it a few times (Japan got a much better CD) but it's the first physical K-Pop album I'm buying.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Well, best buy isn't selling T-ara.. you can pretty much find anything. Wonder girls, SNSD, etc. awesome.

Are you missing a word here? So they have import CDs?

I think he means T-ara isnt in stock/backordered, but yes they have import cds and they seem to have quite a lot of the older albums too.

They must have done sort of deal with with a big Korean distributor like Loen because their selection is very impressive.

Oreoleo

Hmmm, nothing is out of bounds eh? BTW, youtube quality is pretty shitty. Sounds so much better if you get 320kbps or lossless.

T-ara
Like the First Time
Say Goodbye
I Really Like You

Wonder Girls
You're Out

Hyuna
Change

Girl's Day
Nothing Lasts Forever

f(x)
Chu
Pinocchio

After School
Virgin

Brown Eyed Girls
Moody Night

You are right on the money with these. I'm gonna have to look into more After School stuff, they've got a great sound to them. Your post is sort of reinforcing my idea that T-ara is tops though. I grabbed John Travolta Wannabe the other day and almost literally can't stop listening to it. I've sort of avoided their first album because I don't like Bo Peep all that much but if those first two songs are from the same album I might have to reconsider. I grabbed the album Moody Night is on the other day too and it's really good. Just a great album all around.

I haven't listened to all of them yet but from the list OC posted, I'd definitely give a listen to Change and Pinocchio. I'd add in Nu-Abo from f(x). That BEG song sounds pretty good so far.
It's a shame f(x) doesn't seem to get the same popularity as the other girl groups cause I think their music is pretty good.

Might I add that I think Hyuna looks so much better in Change. Goddamn she lost so much weight...

And since everything is a go here's one

Kara
Lupin

If I had to guess, he didn't list Nu Abo because I mentioned I'd heard it a few posts ago. You're not wrong though. That song is fantastic.

That Kara song is a lot better than Mister, which might be the only song of theirs I gave a fair shake. Might have to check out that mini album as well.

vanty

You are right on the money with these. I'm gonna have to look into more After School stuff, they've got a great sound to them. Your post is sort of reinforcing my idea that T-ara is tops though. I grabbed John Travolta Wannabe the other day and almost literally can't stop listening to it. I've sort of avoided their first album because I don't like Bo Peep all that much but if those first two songs are from the same album I might have to reconsider. I grabbed the album Moody Night is on the other day too and it's really good. Just a great album all around.

If I had to guess, he didn't list Nu Abo because I mentioned I'd heard it a few posts ago. You're not wrong though. That song is fantastic.
T-ara Breaking Heart (re-release of the first album with a couple extra songs) is so, so, so goddam good.

And yeah Nu ABO is basically the best thing ever.

Salazar

T-ara's new "Lovey-Dovey" zombie version music video and their drama version has been taking the #1 and #2 places on all charts since it's release. T-ara's agency said that the release of the Tokyo version music video depends on the fans' opinions.

T-ara's agency said that the third music video in the "Lovey-Dovey" series will be released either on the 19th or 20th and determined by the public.

The third music video, "T-ARA Lovey-Dovey in TOKYO" was shot in Tokyo, Japan and shows a more free-spirited and friendly image of T-ara making an appearance in a club.

Their agency continued by saying, "On the 18th, we'll announce whether the public decided if it should be released on the 19th or 20th, by determining how popular the drama and zombie version currently are."

Dumbest thing I have heard in my life.

Hyomin teams up with Gary. Awesome.

Renua.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Their agency continued by saying, "On the 18th, we'll announce whether the public decided if it should be released on the 19th or 20th, by determining how popular the drama and zombie version currently are."
They will announce that it has been delayed.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

That Kara song is a lot better than Mister, which might be the only song of theirs I gave a fair shake. Might have to check out that mini album as well.

T-ara - Breaking Heart is their best album. Hands down. Get that shit!!

edit:

everyone, guess what? Pledis Boys has a real name now! NU’EST!

The group name NU’EST is an combination of NU (New), E (Establish), S (Style), and (T) Tempo and is said to hint at establishing a new style of music.

WTF KINDA SHIT IS THAT?

Conceptor

so apparently some netizen tweeting to Yoseob (of B2ST), prompted him to post this before he went to sleep -

me1dH.png

"If I deleted my twitter, would it be better? Anyway I'll sleep first and then decide. Goodnight."

Daamn some of the things she was talking about lol.

Also,

ozgJ2.png

Edgeward

They finally put up Troublemaker's album on itunes after they had gone and finished promotions. Good job, Cube. Asshats. *sigh* well, off to buy it now and give them money.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They finally put up Troublemaker's album on itunes after they had gone and finished promotions. Good job, Cube. Asshats. *sigh* well, off to buy it now and give them money.
I think Koreans can buy from that but it doesn't count toward Korean charts, so they don't want to dilute their chart-power by spreading to all outlets early. Either that or they got some exclusivity deals with Korean distributors for a certain period of time.

Salazar

The group’s self-titled Japanese debut album “Girls’ Generation”, which was released last June, has just received the title of being the first album by a Korean artist to stay within the Top 10 chart numbers on the Oricon charts for 17 consecutive weeks.

ebHDl.gif

Edgeward

I think Koreans can buy from that but it doesn't count toward Korean charts, so they don't want to dilute their chart-power by spreading to all outlets early. Either that or they got some exclusivity deals with Korean distributors for a certain period of time.

Hmm, what a weird factor into selling albums. But whatever, I got it finally and after some laborious work as well since the songs ended up being corrupted and I had to do a workaround to get them to redownload because apple makes things so simple they make it impossible to have any control to redownload things.

And now a pick of Fei to perk me up

o4r3I.jpg

Salazar

c818V.gif
EDQcP.gif
AZJdF.gif

1YCuT.gif

Singer IU recently guested on MBC‘s ‘Come to Play‘, where she revealed, ”I don’t like good-looking guys.”

On January 16th, the variety show held a special talk corner called ’Steal IU’s Heart’, in which Joo Hyun, Jung Bo Suk, Park Sang Min, and Kim Joo Hyuk had to hold a ‘meeting‘ with IU and have her pick who she liked best.

Prior to that, however, IU was first required to make a ranking of who she did not want to see at a ‘meeting’. The young star eventually chose Jung Bo Suk and explained, ”If someone is too good-looking, I feel like they can never be mine.”

Not exactly what she said, lol.

Blablurn

clazzis new album is really not that bad. i love all the clazziquai project stuff and its great to hear that kind of music again. oh, big bang and 4minute comeback in february? my body is ready. salazar, bring the top gifs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom