• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

To see Hoi Hoi bobbing around the lower reaches of the top 30 while the Grasshopper Song is even #1 on some charts feels like sweet justice.

Don't know why they felt the need to fuck up Happy Together by adding an annoying set of sidekicks, ruining the minimalist core appeal of the show (even with four hosts).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What I mean is, I'd like to hear Grasshopper produced by Sweetune. They would have given it an existent bassline, perhaps some sense of dynamics, and would have actually used all singers of the group for the melody so the hook wasn't so dry. They also probably would have had more melodic accents rather than relying on the gimmick of strings in the background.

Peru

Dude, you know I love Sweettune, but their identifying characteristic is not "sense of dynamics" - more like "let's force every possible sound and melodic idea into every second of this song". Not subtle, but a hell of a lot of fun. Wouldn't fit Sunny Hill.

Alta1r

Loll. Phono where you been this go-around?

Please don't tell me that wearing mens shoes is going to be popular.

They're hot. And Teacyeon had to borrow her shoes.

DiYNB.jpg

filler

Banned
I want that from all of them.

Really? Jessica is at her best right now, Taeyeon is mostly better, maknae definitely better now and Yuri's thighs are the best they've ever been. I'd like to keep those 4 as they are now and morph Tiff and Sunny back to their HB days.

Why can't they all just be at their best at the same time, why goddamnit!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dude, you know I love Sweettune, but their identifying characteristic is not "sense of dynamics" - more like "let's force every possible sound and melodic idea into every second of this song". Not subtle, but a hell of a lot of fun. Wouldn't fit Sunny Hill.
Okay then, perhaps some sort of middleground could be reached...

TFwLL.gif

Really? Jessica is at her best right now, Taeyeon is mostly better,
Okay I can work with tha-

-*zzzzzzzzzzzz*

and Yuri's thighs are the best they've ever been.
Yuri forever "meh" with me.

Peru

Okay then, perhaps some sort of middleground could be reached...

TFwLL.gif

lolz.. no no no.

btw, I have to point out that I don't think it's the masterpiece of the year and might even prefer "News", but I'm just happy to see a well thought-out 'whole', and a group with a difference win over a lazy cute sub-unit. And Lee Min Soo and Kim Eana (plus director Hwang Su-Ah) with their odd concepts and visuals are more or less the reason Sunny Hill got attention coming back after their absence. They weren't exactly bringing the house down before

Peru

What about Panis outfit?

Damage control:
Your title song is 'You and I'. Since it's for your full-length album, don't you find that it was quite similar to 'Good Day'?

IU: I felt that way initially too. However, the people at my agency didn't think so. (Laughs) At first, when Minsoo-oppa (Composer of both songs) let me listen to the guide, I said honestly, "I'm not really sure about this. Isn't it really similar to Good Day?" (Lee Minsoo) oppa replied, if you just look at it on the surface, it may seem to be similar to Good Day but if you listen to it again carefully, you'll find that it's a completely different song and even the chord progressions, the background music is totally different, so although I personally found it similar too, I worked hard to let it take a different direction. Although it may sound similar, if you listen to it for a long time, you'll be like, "Oh, this is different, isn't it?" We tried recording with my voice first and when I listened to it after the arrangement was all done, it sounded different. I put my trust in oppa and got started on this song, but it was really when I did the actual recording that I felt it and I said, "Oh, it's really different, isn't it?".

This dude seemed nice before but clearly he's got all the wrong ideas
Your next song 'Sleeping Prince', it's the second time Yoon Sang has composed a song for you. He seems to want to elicit a certain image from you.

IU: Express yourself as a teenager as much as you want. Because it's your last chance to do so. Originally sang by a singer called 'Halo', we requested for the song. In particular, Kim Lee Na lyricist wanted it. So I didn't even know when we got it and it's such a bright song too. Since it's quite different from the previous song, I felt lost initially. But Yoon Sang sunbaenim was as meticulous as Jung Suk-won sunbaenim in guiding me. During the recording for this song, my tone kept fluctuating. Initially, Yoon Sang sunbaenim wanted my voice with the tone of 'Marshmallow'. The really cute and autotune sort of feel. When 'Marshmallow' first came out, it sounded like there was a lot of autotune, but in actual fact, that song didn't use any autotune at all. Yet Yoon Sang sunbaenim wanted that. The autotune sort of voice without actually using autotune (Laughs). So he wanted a whiny baby-like voice but I couldn't do that anymore. Since Yoon Sang sunbaenim wanted extreme cuteness, it was really difficult. Rather than the vocals, the emphasis on being cute made it a song that was tiring in a different way.

------

Alex, IU and Yoo Inna on Yoo Inna's radio show today. Total hilariousness.

Mens shoes? I love that type of shoes, black or white or brown.

5600941287_d2788f49a2_z.jpg

Yes, mens shoes. Looks bad on her.

These shoes are part of a two part set along with a penis. If you are missing one of those then you should forgo on the shoes as well.

I think it's either 5 or 6 of Factory Girl, when they go to New York.

4i1AU.gif

Found it, it was episode 6.

Also, that shot is great. I love that move, too bad it's at the worst part of the song.

Yuri forever "meh" with me.

hjaN9.jpg

T-ara ride the subway and give out free copies of their album after Winning Inkigayo:

b0aMc.jpg

This woman knows her place.

Oh snap!

Sica #45 on the TC Candler top 100 beautiful faces list for 2011.

jessicanod.gif

Go Ara at #12 and Song Hye Ko at #5. Thought that was the Goo at first, lol.

tumblr_lxr4j7rfaz1qdu40vo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lxo7giiy6l1r0ytsro1_500.jpg

This list somewhat coincides with my preferences so I do not personally mind very much, but that list seems heavily biased toward caucasian women.

I'm not even gonna go into Rebecca Black and Lindsay Lohan.

Alta1r

This list somewhat coincides with my preferences so I do not personally mind very much, but that list seems heavily biased toward caucasian women.

I'm not even gonna go into Rebecca Black and Lindsay Lohan.

Definitely biased towards white women. I'm more surprised that an Asian made it into the top 5 and top 15 on a presumably American/European website's list. And, of course, Sica is hot as hell.

tumblr_lxux4aNfGg1qhytyno1_500.gif

Peru

The dudes are buried underneath there. Mandatory weird ritual therapy thing of the episode.

Seohyun looked, as netizens would say, unrealistically good in that episode.

The girls seem like the awesomest party crowd. SY on some next-level shit in terms of creating good vibrations.

// Pondering going to bed or staying up for some australian open action //

http://youtu.be/n8p23RpGOQo

Meanwhile, this trailer for History of the Salaryman features no footage from the actual show, and is completely misleading about the setting, yet somehow captures the feel of the drama pretty darn well.

//

Manager / potential member stand-in

x2_a6ca97a

liking taengs new outfit

tumblr_lxunifAhro1qzbnedo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lxuni2pHPK1qdso4mo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lxudhq5f921r4bx1ro1_500.jpg

tumblr_lxud22CSiy1r4bx1ro1_500.jpg

tumblr_lxumd4JPCu1qjbt1no2_250.jpg

tumblr_lxudhq5f921r4bx1ro1_500.jpg

most fierce thumbs up ever
tumblr_lxunfd9qD71qdso4mo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lxinbek4Aj1r8xm7po1_500.gif

apparently this happened at HK concert
OMG KISS “they said after the perf, normally they will shake hand. but this time after shake their hand Taeng kiss fany’s hand, and fany also kissed taeng’s hand…”

Salazar: I think one, or two of them are..? I haven't paid much attention.
Hope they're actually good, though. It would be nice to add a few guy groups to my short list, since so many of them are hard to listen to.

bHQ6X.png

9kgkF.gif

Salazar

w9EY2.gif

Girls’ Generation will add LG Cinema 3D TV to their list of endorsements.

On January 16th, LG Electronics stated that they chose Girls’ Generation as their new model for their Cinema 3D TV product line. Girls’ Generation is gathering popularity globally, and LG Electronics plans to connect the group to 3D TV in order to increase the popularity of 3D TV’s worldwide and secure the image of “3D = LG”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom