• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
SEUNGAH!

czRZR.jpg

<3

RONGIE!

7PGGc.jpg

<3 New avatar right here, Max.

KRYSTAL!

BRolD.jpg

<3
wow, that's a nice camera lens!

YEJIN!

bJMIc.jpg

9iVM5.jpg

<3

2San

2pm's Nichkhun Disappears from Korean water park Caribbean Bay's website

...and he's also getting edited out of MBC&#8217;s Idol Star Olympics.
Damn he drank a half a glass of beer too many and bam shit is fucked.

I personally don't drink at all before driving and I do dislike drunk drivers. He does have sympathies, since it's not like he was drinking a lot. I'm assuming he probably thought he was ok alcohol percentage wise.

2San

Dude is an idiot for doing that and deserves this and more.
Come on don't overreact. He'd be fine if this happened in the US(don't you guys have a limit at like 0,08). He drank like 2 or 3 glasses of beer. He probably figured he'd be fine, alcohol percentage wise.

Come on don't overreact. He'd be fine if this happened in the US(don't you guys have a limit at like 0,08). He drank like 2 or 3 glasses of beer. He probably figured he'd be fine, alcohol percentage wise.

Yeah, US limit is .08.

More info:http://www.soompi.com/2012/07/25/witness-this-accident-was-not-solely-nichkhuns-fault-more-details/

May not have been entirely his fault.

It was a stupid mistake that involved a minor accident. The overreaction is still ridiculous.

Peru

I don't see how a few commercial deliberations from broadcasters is an 'overreaction'. Death penalty, life in prison, that's an overreaction. Losing some screen time isn't. If a 'minor' DIY is just brushed away that would send all the wrong signals.

2San

I don't see how a few commercial deliberations from broadcasters is an 'overreaction'. Death penalty, life in prison, that's an overreaction. Losing some screen time isn't. If a 'minor' DIY is just brushed away that would send all the wrong signals.
He's probably going to lose screen time as is and going to lay low. But retro actively editing old stuff? People are making him out as some terrible person, but he really didn't do anything that crazy. Again he probably just misjudged the amount he could drink.
Yeah, I remember being surprised since the rest of the world adheres to 0.05. His license was suspended? Korea is pretty though I guess.

2San

You really shouldn't be able to drink a few glasses before driving.
Sure, but you have laws that are pretty much designed so you can have a glass or two. Don't get me wrong he deserves a penalty and what ever the law dictates. However with the amount he drank, he really doesn't deserve the public hate he's getting atm. It seems a lot of people don't realize how little he really drank.

vanty

Just because a law allows you do to something stupid like having a beer or two before driving, it doesn't mean you should do it. It should be 0.00 worldwide to not give anyone an excuse.

2San

Just because a law allows you do to something stupid like having a beer or two before driving, it doesn't mean you should do it. It should be 0.00 worldwide to not give anyone an excuse.
Wouldn't say having a beer or two is stupid, driving when you are tired is way worse. You guys are really exaggerating here. Look I really don't care about Nickhun. Just saying as someone who does drink alcohol and someone who does drive(not saying I do both at the same time). The amount of flack he's getting is unwarranted.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Welp.

Saw the Gangnam Style video.

Guess I'm in K-Pop GAF now.

::sigh::

Okay now what do I do?

Ashhong

Idols get flack for looking the wrong way during an interview. I think he's getting away pretty easy.

This. 2San you have to remember this is Korea you are talking about. Think about all the other bullshit idols get murdered for. You can't blame the companies for taking him out of ads. The netizens are hating him at the moment, why advertise your product with the most talked about and hated face in Korea atm? (maybe an exaggeration)

Blame the netizens. But then, look at what they do for something as small as Soyeon looking tired/bored in performances a year ago. Or manner hands. Or any other stupid ass action that they overthink. Drunk driving and hitting a motorcyclist? Nikhun is getting off easy.

Alta1r

She just look like she smells bad.

LOL. Completely random, but now I can't not think about that when I see her.

Short shorts, the best thing about Korea during summer. The humidity and cicadas I can do without. Kind of jelly of you guys out there, I just got over my vacation mode but want to go back now. If Soshi would have had a GG onry concert this summer I would definitely go back just for a weekend concert.

This thread has made me pretty shallow in terms of beauty. After looking at pretty much perfect Korean idols, then going to Korea and seeing the "citizens", I see it as a land of butterfaces. It's worst in Japan with the messed up grills. Pretty sad to see a nice body then get to the face and be like, "ooh damn it's an ahjumma...hhmm ahjumma could get some PS done and then she would be aight". Apgujeong was the only place that I saw 8-9s consistently, but never on a Soshi level like this:

y2yMN.jpg

Yeah, Apgujeong is awesome. Gangnam too. The water is very nice at both of those places. But yeah, that butterface thing... Since 9 out of 10 girls stay slim, there are plenty of surprises. Like, you're walking behind a girl with a niice body and you get a look at her face and it's like the Sunkyu. Or like you said, you start from the feet up and it's a nice body and you look at her face and it's an ahjumma. Lol. But also so many pleasant surprises/girls whose faces match the nice bodies.

And the summer clothes...short shorts, sheer/see-through tops (and bottoms sometimes), tight-fitting short dresses and miniskirts, etc. For a country that's supposedly conservative the girls don't seem to have any issues showing off what they got.

Man, that's retarded.

I can understand not getting any NEW promotional deals, but whats with the edits to things hes already done?

Why go Back to the Future style and try to erase his existence...?

Lol, yeah editing him out seems a bit much.

T.O.P

Banned
Welp.

Okay now what do I do?

tumblr_m5o6jy4vcY1rqw5so.gif

Hi there

Check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ then you are ready for the OP

Personal suggestion (various genre):

-Clazziquai
-Epik High
-Verbal Jint
-Beast
-Deli Spice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztF45T3EiBg&feature=related

holy shit lol

September is gonna be godlike

2San

Idols get flack for looking the wrong way during an interview. I think he's getting away pretty easy.
Sure, but you are talking like he deserves worse.
Blame the netizens. But then, look at what they do for something as small as Soyeon looking tired/bored in performances a year ago. Or manner hands. Or any other stupid ass action that they overthink.
I say they're over exaggerating then as well. I'm pretty consistent with this stuff. :p

Dice

Welp.

Okay now what do I do?
I like this MV: http://youtu.be/M89N7rw2Dtc?hd=1

The group isn't all that good but in the MV the cute one gets dumped by her boyfriend so her friends buy her a robot boyfriend. It's pretty legendary.

You also want to to go kshownow.net and watch some Running Man. I personally suggest Episode 87. But of course there are over 100 now and they do different stuff in every show. It's so amazing you won't really understand how amazing until after maybe 10 episodes and you have a good feel for the overall themes and the people.

fockin' right mate
WHY DO I MAKE EVEN AVATARS FOR PEOPLE

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
yoooooooo DICE BRINGING BACK THE UFO

not like it went anywhere tho, the song/mv is great

vanty

You also want to to go kshownow.net and watch some Running Man. I personally suggest Episode 87. But of course there are over 100 now and they do different stuff in every show. It's so amazing you won't really understand how amazing until after maybe 10 episodes and you have a good feel for the overall themes and the people.
At first I was like "kshownow wtf Dice", then I checked which episode was 87... ahah.

Dice

I don't keep track of isubs because 1) They are slow and 2) Their delivery method sucks.

But yeah, that episode is <3 and so is 72 & 73.

vanty

Oh, you were serious about 87? It's generally regarded as by far the worst RM ever, and certainly 80-90 minutes of my life I'd like back.

Alta1r

Dude is an idiot for doing that and deserves this and more.

Dude is probably 165 lbs., had 2 beers, a BAC of .056, and the motorcyclist turned into him. Like 2San mentioned, it's equally/more dangerous to drive tired, or angry, or even listening to very loud music than driving with that BAC. Why would he deserve more?

0.00 would probably end up doing more harm than good. And would be more or less unenforceable.

I say they're over exaggerating then as well. I'm pretty consistent with this stuff. :p

Lol. I agree. Although I am a bit surprised the company didn't have one of their drivers take the group home since it was at a company event.

Dude is probably 165 lbs., had 2 beers, a BAC of .056, and the motorcyclist turned into him.

Here's the video of the collision: http://tvpot.daum.net/v/43523073?lu=flvPlayer_in

Under the influence, doesn't have right of way. Seems pretty clear that Nichkhun was at fault for the crash.

In other news, the Wonder Girls are going to be on American TV again
“There is going to be a Wonder Girls movie out in October,” Rusch said, “and Nickelodeon is shooting 20 episodes of a 30-minute Wonder Girls sitcom.”
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/25/3721339/the-boy-bands-are-back-and-some.html

Ahhh. Did he run a red or a stop sign or something? Regardless, even if it's 100% his fault, the clamoring for his head for driving with a .056 is a bit much.

The side street he was on apparently didn't have any kind of sign. Pretty sure the bike would have had right of way though, so he should have at least yielded.

Ashhong

Ahhh. Did he run a red or a stop sign or something? Regardless, even if it's 100% his fault, the clamoring for his head for driving with a .056 is a bit much.

I don't think you can safely say if it is a bit much or not. How do we know if he wouldn't have crashed into the bike if he was completely sober? The fact is that he was over the limit that Korea deemed to be safe while driving, and he caused an accident. If this had happened in the US and his BAC was over the limit, regardless of the limit, it would be a big deal, as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom