• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niks

·feist·;40950438 said:
16iss9k.gif

110BF43750265A4A3C07D2

Music Core, gold mine for Taeng reaction gifs.

·feist·;40950438 said:

ibhFgjfuHMFgp9.gif

2San

Damn, that's a legit accident. Hope all of them are ok.
I know, so smooth. I'm hoping these 48/60 fps movies coming out changes peoples minds, but people have to get used to it.

Would love to watch sports/autoracing at 60fps. Even music videos would look amazing at 60fps.
Honestly I understand why it's taking so long for movies to make switch(especially those with special effects). Why all other forms can't hurry up switch to 60 fps is beyond me. The HDMI standard does support it.

Tenck

Soyeon no ;_;

Also, love me some of the comments on that site.

GOOD for you Soyeon you motherfucking whore

I really hope the rest of T-ara gets in a car crash one by one u__u''

Karma is a bitch

Karma's a fucking bitch, ain't it soyeon?

They're no better than bullies themselves. Wouldn't mind if they all just dropped dead.

Edit: Repping my Soyeon avatar too. Hope she's fine.

2San

Soyeon no ;_;

Also, love me some of the comments on that site.

They're no better than bullies themselves. Wouldn't mind if they all just dropped dead.

Edit: Repping my Soyeon avatar too. Hope she's fine.
The vast majority isn't hating though.

Tenck

The vast majority isn't hating though.

Not saying the vast majority are hating. Saying those specifically wishing someone's end would not affect me in the slightest if they died.

I'm no better myself, but it is what it is ^_^

Selane

So it's ok for you to wish death on people, but not them?

edit: also lol at morons on Twitter claiming some antifan caused the accident deliberately.

tatsuki

Even music videos would look amazing at 60fps.

I found someone who converts all the melon/gomtv music videos to 60fps. Yes, they do look much much better. The first one I watched was Bad Girl Good Girl and didn't even want to go back to watching the non 60fps versions anymore.

So how is it that 60fps looks really fast and unnatural when supposedly the most fps we can see is 24fps? I'll probably get used to it whenever 60fps becomes the standard but as of right now, it's just so weird to my eyes... I feel like the real world is in slow motion lolol.

Anyway, some interesting tidbits from a fan who was at Music Core this week:

11. When they were done with rehearsals, there was about 3~4 minutes until the live broadcast. After hearing this Seohyun was surprised and said, “3 minutes? No way!” Tiffany asked, “Can I use the restroom?” All the fans heard it because her voice was loud, so she said, “I think I said it too loudly.” When she was about to step out, she said, “hey, you guys..” to Taeyeon and Seohyun, but the two said, “Forget it!” and Tiffany ran out first because there isn’t a lot of time. Taeyeon and Seohyun followed behind and they were screaming throughout their leave.

31. While looking around where the fans are, she saw a fan sitting in the very last row and asked, “Foreign fan?” The fan said they are, and Taeyeon asked, “Where are you from?” After their reply was relayed down to Taeyeon, she said, “Oh, Taiwan?” and said thanks (to the other fans who relayed their reply). Then a fan on the side said, ‘Singapore!’, and Taeyeon said, “Oh, Singapore?” and said thanks again. Another fan said ‘Japan!’, and she said, “Japan?”, and said thank you again. She was clapping, saying thank you, and made hearts.

40. Taeyeon told us to come to the SM exhibition. Then Yoona said to make a circle with your hands if you’re going to go. Then Taeyeon looked like she was thinking, and just said to come to the exhibition again, and that it would be good to come next week.

49. While the members were MCing, Yoona was bored again, and looked around where the fans are, looking to see if there was anything to do. Then a fan up front gave her a balloon they didn’t blow up, and Yoona took it. She was trying to decide if she wanted to blow it up or not, so she asked, “Did you not blow this up yet?” and kept be suspicious. After they said they didn’t, she looked at them from the corner of her eye, and kept saying, “I think you blew this up already,” being suspicious. Saying, “You’re not going to say, ‘I blew that up already’ once I blow it up are you?”

59. Yoona looked at their manager oppa and said, “It’s SISTAR! You like SISTAR!” Then she told on him to the other staff members, saying he won’t change the CD for them in the car, and she told him to dance.
60. After that, they were excited by themselves, and started dancing themselves. Tiffany must have had a funny expression because they started laughing after looking at her face.

64. There was an empty seat amongst fans, and Yoona kept her eye on it. She said she thinks it would be fun watching from there, so when the other members went to do their last lines, she said, “I wanna go over there!” and walked up and sat where the fans were. The fans were stirred up, but she didn’t mind it.

More here: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/iqeld0

milkham

So how is it that 60fps looks really fast and unnatural when supposedly the most fps we can see is 24fps? I'll probably get used to it whenever 60fps becomes the standard but as of right now, it's just so weird to my eyes... I feel like the real world is in slow motion lolol.

Anyway, some interesting tidbits from a fan who was at Music Core this week:

24fps for cinema wasn't chosen because thats all your eye can see, it is for technical reasons.
if your eye/brain couldn't perceive more than that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

24fps for cinema wasn't chosen because thats all your eye can see, it is for technical reasons.
if your eye/brain couldn't perceive more than that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I knew that the human eye could definitely see more than 24fps, I think I heard something north of 120fps was the most the human eye can see and IIRC cinemas can only show 24fps due to sound not being able to keep up and 35mm projector limitations.

Anyway, where do y'all find these 60fps videos? I wanna see a couple more and have some sort of opinion on it.

Jiyoung teaser for Kara's Pandora

Any of y'all watch A Gentleman's Dignity?

If not, watch it. It's probably one of the best K-Drama's to hit this year. The plot is your typical romcom but drops a pretty epic twist halfway through, but above all that it's genuinely human. People didn't fall into the water then suddenly become a rooftop prince or a pediatrician, instead there's 4 men just living their lives how they want to, falling in and out of love, working their asses off to keep their jobs, and pretty much just having a good time, basically living life like genuine human beings. The characters despite being 40 year olds are pretty relatable, the show has a great soundtrack, is pretty funny and it leaves you wanting more at every end of the episode. And if that's not enough convincing for you, the directors and the writer were the people who made Secret Garden and it honestly feels like a spiritual sequel to SG.

Also, Kim Ha Neul is freakin' gorgeous.

luso

Movies >24fps would look shit. Do you see how movies feels on those TVs where you can set more fps? They look like they were shoot with video camera, terrible.
What's good at 24fps is the dreamlike feel, we don't need movies to look like real life...

Soyeon interview. It is obvious she's the most intelligent in that group and was chosen to be the first one to speak. She had nevertheless coaching for how to answer stuff about T-ara problem and specially for those questions (which can be doubtful if they weren't pre-checked). Basically was said management (KKS) is to be blamed for how this ended with Hwayoung kicked from T-ara, and all groups have problems (avoiding talking specifically in bullying).

I hope Soyeon is allright after the accident! Conspiracies theories would say KKS arranged everything...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
When your TV created artificial frames to stuff in that is NOT what actually filming at that framerate would do or look like.

Also panning looks like shit because of synchronization issues with televisions, not because it's 24fps. If the TV were actually doing 24fps it would look fine.

Ashhong

IIRC, people dont even wear seatbelts in the back seats, especially kpop girls (well except for Seohyun). I hope she was buckled in and not thrown around :O

vanty

I wouldn't be surprised if we never see shows with people riding around in those vans without seatbelts again. Always makes me feel weird seeing it, especially since in Australia it's been the law for over 40 years and you never ever see anyone in a car without a seatbelt.

roaSone

Wuah, I was so surprised this morning when I woke up and saw this on allkpop!

Fortunately she looks like she hasn't been badly injured.. phew, Thanks god. About the comments on allkpop I gave up reading them long time ago.. trollers, haters, dumbs and heartless people is not my cup of tea, I prefer to skip through it..

luso

I always just attributed this to the fact there are a shitton of celebrities in SK.

Well, I wouldn't say many celebrities, most are a "quasi-celebrity", many they are known only to a population niche. Who will care about if someone from a nugu group has a car crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom