• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2San

Well, I wouldn't say many celebrities, most are a "quasi-celebrity", many they are known only to a population niche. Who will care about if someone from a nugu group has a car crash?
True. Quasi-celeb kinda has a too negative connotation, so didn't want say that. Since being a "quasi-celebrity" in Korea is different then in USA.

Salazar

cCzEU.gif

km34C.gif

Alta1r

Any of y'all watch A Gentleman's Dignity?

If not, watch it. It's probably one of the best K-Drama's to hit this year. The plot is your typical romcom but drops a pretty epic twist halfway through, but above all that it's genuinely human. People didn't fall into the water then suddenly become a rooftop prince or a pediatrician, instead there's 4 men just living their lives how they want to, falling in and out of love, working their asses off to keep their jobs, and pretty much just having a good time, basically living life like genuine human beings. The characters despite being 40 year olds are pretty relatable, the show has a great soundtrack, is pretty funny and it leaves you wanting more at every end of the episode. And if that's not enough convincing for you, the directors and the writer were the people who made Secret Garden and it honestly feels like a spiritual sequel to SG.

Also, Kim Ha Neul is freakin' gorgeous.

One of my friends was telling me about this. She described it as a male version of Sex in the City. So, you'd recommend it?

I hear so many reports of car crashes involving famous koreans, are there no traffic laws or are they just bad drivers?

They're not bad drivers per se, just very aggressive.

One of my friends was telling me about this. She described it as a male version of Sex in the City. So, you'd recommend it?

Oh yeah, I definitely recommend watching it. I dunno if I would describe it as a male version of Sex in the City though, if anything, it's a lot like Boys Over Flowers with adult topics like sex, marriage life, and bro-ness but without all the feminine looking guys and teen like behavior.

Daamn. Hyoyeon looking sexy af. I think that's the first time I've ever said that ever since I got into Soshi lol.

Cuddler

That was actually ok.

They gave roughly half of the group ludicrous haircuts, though.
I don't know about the others but surely one of the haircut Leeteuk is using can be described as ludicrous.

I really think SM just doesn't give a fuck about Suju anymore. :x
Anymore? They didn't really care much since the beginning, Super Junior was supposed to last for 3 month only, but that didn't happen because they were quite succesfull. You can watch their situation in Japan, they never really debuted there, no actual promotion, but Opera sold in the first week 155,603 copies. Why no promotion SM? However I don't think that's totally true, they care, maybe not as much as their other big groups, but they can still gain a lot of money with them, you can watch the GAON chart I posted or search for numbers of how many people have attended to Super Show 4. (120000 in two concerts in Japan only for example) This is a really interesting article on why they are still relevant that everyone should read. It's not written by a fan or by an ELF.

Fafnir

That sucks about the Soyeon car accident, but what's up with the hospital pics? Shameless KKS allowing those pics to be published. I just told my coworkers about it and their immediate reaction was publicity stunt. I hope in the future after KKS passes away that the T-ara members comes out with the truth on what life was like during this time of their lives.

Tiffany 1st look. Fany short hair!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-mXn-RFpo4

f9rci.gif

3a0ol.gif

Casio Baby-G. I think they messed up the descriptions for Sica, Yoong, and Seobaby. Sica = unique, Yoong = cheerful, and Seobaby = pure. Yuri one is spot on. Taengoo's should be Goddess.

WeTcU.jpg
rNEmN.jpg

EKCkN.jpg

PBZA1.jpg
QQ5iO.jpg

wwlnd

Banned
Movies >24fps would look shit. Do you see how movies feels on those TVs where you can set more fps? They look like they were shoot with video camera, terrible.
some recent 30p kdramas like dream high 2 look pretty stunning imo. color and and depth of field just like traditional 24p but with a sweet dose of extra smoothness that looks great.

2San

Anymore? They didn't really care much since the beginning, Super Junior was supposed to last for 3 month only, but that didn't happen because they were quite succesfull. You can watch their situation in Japan, they never really debuted there, no actual promotion, but Opera sold in the first week 155,603 copies. Why no promotion SM? However I don't think that's totally true, they care, maybe not as much as their other big groups, but they can still gain a lot of money with them, you can watch the GAON chart I posted or search for numbers of how many people have attended to Super Show 4. (120000 in two concerts in Japan only for example) This is a really interesting article on why they are still relevant that everyone should read. It's not written by a fan or by an ELF.
That's true. While I don't really like Suju(used to like them in the Sorry Sorry and early SuJu-M days), I really do think they are undervalued by SM, considering their fanbase size and recognition(as group).

Peru

SuJu are popular with their loyal fanbase - they have little recognition in the mainstream otherwise so trying to expand their reach would be wasteful of SM.

2San

SuJu are popular with their loyal fanbase - they have little recognition in the mainstream otherwise so trying to expand their reach would be wasteful of SM.
While people won't recognize individual members(Siwon maybe), I do think the name Super Junior is pretty mainstream. Honestly how many currently active idol groups are more known then Super Junior? I really do think they're in the top 5 in recognition. While it would be wasteful now, I really think SM failed to capitalize on their success when they where really hot.

luso

Those SJ selling figures in Japan came along ticket packages sold at the concert venues. Many groups do that but in case of SJ, without active promotions, that was the only way to have relevant selling numbers.
Second week figures downs to 11510...
Also album profits are minimum, profit-wise the advertisement deals are more important.

Cuddler

That's true. While I don't really like Suju(used to like them in the Sorry Sorry and early SuJu-M days), I really do think they are undervalued by SM, considering their fanbase size and recognition(as group).
I agree with you, just for curiousity, why you don't like them anymore?
While people won't recognize individual members(Siwon maybe), I do think the name Super Junior is pretty mainstream. Honestly how many currently active idol groups are more known then Super Junior? I really do think they're in the top 5 in recognition. While it would be wasteful now, I really think SM failed to capitalize on their success when they where really hot.
I agree with 2San, if you add up every member, they have probably guested in every possible korean tv show plus drama, ecc... Even if Sorry, Sorry probably was the time when they were really hot, the loyal fanbase still increased after that.
Those SJ selling figures in Japan came along ticket packages sold at the concert venues. Many groups do that but in case of SJ, without active promotions, that was the only way to have relevant selling numbers.
Second week figures downs to 11510...
Also album profits are minimum, profit-wise the advertisement deals are more important.
Sure, but do you think that people who went to the Super Junior concert wouldn't have bought the opera single anyway? They were relevant even in 2010 with Bonamana that was their first single in Japan and sold 59,262 copies in the first week, which was the record for a Kpop group at the time, without any concert. However this is not really that important. I was just saying that because SM has never decided to make them really debut in Japan which was a weird decision IMO. About the album profits, obviously if there are a lot of people buying your album is much more easy to have advertisement deals.

2San

I agree with you, just for curiousity, why you don't like them anymore?
As crazy as it sounds I follow Kpop for the music itself and the choreo/performances. Just felt like their stuff simply isn't as good as it used to be. "Oppa Oppa" recently was cool though.

Cuddler

As crazy as it sounds I follow Kpop for the music itself and the choreo/performances. Just felt like their stuff simply isn't as good as it used to be. "Oppa Oppa" recently was cool though.

It doesn't sound that crazy :) You don't like the dancing part in Bonamana? I really like that part but obviously I'm not an expert, I really like the Opera coreography too, at least when I was watching the Super Show on youtube before the MV come out. Have you listened to 2BIC? They both have a really good voice and they sing really well.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Maybe I'm not the one to speak after the two gifs, but I believe there is a line of crudeness that shouldn't be crossed, and I thought it was easily intuitively understood.

dokish

Banned
I don't get you guys. Some days are like: "Oh yeah, look at those titties, best breasts in the whole freaking Korea!!" ; "Man, you saw that ass? Look how jiggly it is! So shaky!".

While others...

"OH NO DUDE! YOU DIDN'T! YOU WENT TOO FAR, COME ON NOW..."
"Not cool bro, we all think and feel the same about those girls, but you can't make it public for unreasonable sakes!"

Whatever... :\

And my post was a joke. You guys take everything so seriously...

Tenck

I don't get you guys. Some days are like: "Oh yeah, look at those titties, best breasts in the whole freaking Korea!!" ; "Man, you saw that ass? Look how jiggly it is! So shaky!".

While others...

"OH NO DUDE! YOU DIDN'T! YOU WENT TOO FAR, COME ON NOW..."
"Not cool bro, we all think and feel the same about those girls, but you can't make it public for unreasonable sakes!"

Whatever... :\

And my post was a joke. You guys take everything so seriously...

We're admiring women while you post shots of Randy Marsh covered in semen. Big difference. And while sometimes we do get out of control, I think it's in our best interest to keep this thread alive by not actively talking about sexual stuff when it comes to Korean Pop idols all the time. Maybe a few times is fine, but it's starting to seem like we're fantasizing too much in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom