• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KBS’ sitcom ‘Shut Up Family’ has confirmed that T-ara’s Jiyeon and Ham Eunjung’s cameo appearances will be edited out from the show.

A representative from the production team stated, “We have decided to remove Eunjung and Jiyeon’s cameo from tomorrow’s episode. Many viewers have repeatedly requested that their portions be cut out.”

http://www.dkpopnews.net/2012/08/t-ara-eunjung-and-jiyeons-cameos-on_27.html

The Netizens wont let this go.

Fader Magazine interview 2NE1. (Bom and Dara speak a bit of english too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PWfZ7-xfiE

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
*ahem*

j6InU.jpg

i9Wdf.gif

deYmf.gif

And A Pink, too!

Needs more Eunji.

Is there anyone in this thread that even likes Naeun? Not saying that in some kind of insulting way, I just don't remember ever seeing anyone say much about her.

Yup, Naeun is what got me into A Pink. She's in my top 3 most of the time, but there are moments where Bomi is just too awesome so she takes Naeun's spot. And of course, Eunji and Hayoung are 1 and 2 respectively.

I see what you mean though, for somebody who's supposedly the image of A Pink, she isn't doing much to establish herself as the image unlike a certain deer from another girl group.

T-ara is pretty much over. I don't hate them, nor do I like them either, but there's really no denying that T-ara is done. The only way they can come back alive from this is to actually have KKS and the members of T-ara hold a press conference and personally apologize to Hwayoung for dragging her in the mud. It doesn't matter if they we're bullying her or HY was the bitch of the group. At this point, the best CCM can do is apologize to HY and have T-ara actually appear on TV to actually talk about this scandal instead of ignoring it like they've been doing for the past month.

But, the fact that CCM is just pushing the issue aside leads me to believe that HY was definitely bullied by T-ara, the girls know it, CCM and KKS know it, and if they were suddenly coming out to admit that they've been lying out of their asses this entire time, then of course CCM and KKS are completely done. Not just from the public perception, but HY could also lawyer up and completely send KKS to hell.

luso

Needs more Eunji.

Yup, Naeun is what got me into A Pink. She's in my top 3 most of the time, but there are moments where Bomi is just too awesome so she takes Naeun's spot. And of course, Eunji and Hayoung are 1 and 2 respectively.

I see what you mean though, for somebody who's supposedly the image of A Pink, she isn't doing much to establish herself as the image unlike a certain deer from another girl group.

T-ara is pretty much over. I don't hate them, nor do I like them either, but there's really no denying that T-ara is done. The only way they can come back alive from this is to actually have KKS and the members of T-ara hold a press conference and personally apologize to Hwayoung for dragging her in the mud. It doesn't matter if they we're bullying her or HY was the bitch of the group. At this point, the best CCM can do is apologize to HY and have T-ara actually appear on TV to actually talk about this scandal instead of ignoring it like they've been doing for the past month.

But, the fact that CCM is just pushing the issue aside leads me to believe that HY was definitely bullied by T-ara, the girls know it, CCM and KKS know it, and if they were suddenly coming out to admit that they've been lying out of their asses this entire time, then of course CCM and KKS are completely done. Not just from the public perception, but HY could also lawyer up and completely send KKS to hell.

Basically they have two options:
To wait this will dye out. It can take months, it can take a year or more - which for a idol group is the same as a living-dead corpse. Any comeback at that time must be carefully planned.

The press conference.
If they admit a bullying (true or not) and apologize, they still will be heavily criticized. It's overdue at this time, but could promote a quicker return to business.
The question would be Hwayoung return. I doubt she would want to go back to the spotlight and, if the bullying was true, to rejoin T-ara. Is still a possibility. Most probable she would also announce T-ara apologies are accepted but she will retire or to wait much longer until a potential return, same agency or not.

If they say bullying was not true, Hwayoung included, then this option is also overdue. Anyway at this point they will loose credibility (so much different stories around, why wait until now to to a press conference, CCM is shit, etc.) and still receive backslash.

In any circumstances a decision will be painful, the question will be, what will be the less painful.

Edit: a third option will be: Screw everything, T-ara will do a huge comeback in *insert date. Soon.

This is like negotiating with terrorists, the entertainment people need some balls.

The sad thing is, if they do grow some balls, they'll affect everyone involved in the show or whatever. Think about it from a business perspective, are you really willing to let your business fail because of the actions of one of your employees or would you rather fire that employee to let your business prosper? Tenck is correct, they have to bend over and take it. The staff pretty much decided that they'd rather throw Eunjung and Jiyeon under the bus so they can keep their jobs and paychecks... I'm sure you'd do the same thing if you were in their situation, heck I would.

Basically they have two options:
To wait this will dye out. It can take months, it can take a year or more - which for a idol group is the same as a living-dead corpse. Any comeback at that time must be carefully planned.

The press conference.
If they admit a bullying (true or not) and apologize, they still will be heavily criticized. It's overdue at this time, but could promote a quicker return to business.
The question would be Hwayoung return. I doubt she would want to go back to the spotlight and, if the bullying was true, to rejoin T-ara. Is still a possibility. Most probable she would also announce T-ara apologies are accepted but she will retire or to wait much longer until a potential return, same agency or not.

If they say bullying was not true, Hwayoung included, then this option is also overdue. Anyway at this point they will loose credibility (so much different stories around, why wait until now to to a press conference, CCM is shit, etc.) and still receive backslash.

In any circumstances a decision will be painful, the question will be, what will be the less painful.

Edit: a third option will be: Screw everything, T-ara will do a huge comeback in *insert date. Soon.

Waiting it out isn't gonna work unfortunately. They really need to settle the issue first before they can do anything. People do forget, but remember the media and the internet doesn't forget. I can already read the headlines on newspapers and AKP... "Girl group T-ara is back from hiatus after a scandal." Everyone is gonna be mentioning that scandal no matter what, so they really do need to settle it before they can come back.

That honestly is one of the worst things about this situation, no matter what they do they're gonna get criticized for it and that's why I'm saying it's better to just apologize to HY whether it's true or not. People love humility and sympathy so why not play this card? Sure it's still gonna create some backlash but you can't expect everyone to be lovey-dovey(pun very much intended) after this. Haters are gonna hate and that's that. By playing up that card, they're at least saying that it's time to put this scandal behind and let the girls go back to their normal lives.

The 3rd option is a huge gamble. They'll come back but judging by how the industry is reacting right now, they're not gonna be able to promote on the big 3's music shows. But, it could work though as long as KKS doesn't fnck it up lol.

giri

I don't get why people are SO upset. Particularly t-ara fans. So many of them complained about adding new members.

Yeah, they should get panned for being cunts. And thats what they are/were. But no one wanted the new members (no offense to her, she was fine). Hopefully its motivation to STOP MESSING WITH ESTABLISHED GROUPS.

Tenck

I don't get why people are SO upset. Particularly t-ara fans. So many of them complained about adding new members.

Yeah, they should get panned for being cunts. And thats what they are/were. But no one wanted the new members (no offense to her, she was fine). Hopefully its motivation to STOP MESSING WITH ESTABLISHED GROUPS.

Even EunJung said she was against the addition of new members from the beginning. I honestly don't know why they messed with the group. And now Dani, I hope she's ready for the mess she's getting herself in to.

Not saying Hwayoung was terrible either, but I never really cared about her.

Even EunJung said she was against the addition of new members from the beginning. I honestly don't know why they messed with the group. And now Dani, I hope she's ready for the mess she's getting herself in to.

Not saying Hwayoung was terrible either, but I never really cared about her.

Seems to me they were trying to capitalize on the success by adding fresh faces to help get more fans and to prolong the life of the group but it so far has completely backfired.

Hardly anybody cared about Hwayoung before this happened, which is what makes it so damn funny, at least to me.

Tenck

Hardly anybody cared about Hwayoung before this happened, which is what makes it so damn funny, at least to me.

Basically.

Was reading a bunch of comments saying "T ara made the biggest mistake by getting rid of Hwayoung" and "T ara is nothing without Hwayoung"

All that stuff made me chuckle because seriously, hardly any attention was given to her. Even on here in this very thread we didn't have many people who dedicated their time to make megaposts of her.

Ashhong

Basically.

Was reading a bunch of comments saying "T ara made the biggest mistake by getting rid of Hwayoung" and "T ara is nothing without Hwayoung"

All that stuff made me chuckle because seriously, hardly any attention was given to her. Even on here in this very thread we didn't have many people who dedicated their time to make megaposts of her.

We did have some losers start shipping her shortly before she got axed though.

I didn't even know who she was.

EDIT: I SAID HOLY SHIT!
http://www.arirang.co.kr/News/News_View.asp?nseq=135918&code=Ne2&category=2

K-Pop is not only about catchy tunes and energetic dance routines it is also about some seriously big bucks. New data shows that two of the most prominent figures in the world of K-Pop are now worth over 200 billion won around 175 million U.S. dollars. Online conglomerate tracker Chaebul.com says Lee Soo-man[이수만], the founder of SM Entertainment, has over 210 million dollars in stock holdings, while Yang Hyun-suk[양현석], founder of YG Entertainment, has amassed nearly 200 million dollars. It marks the first time two Korean celebrities have simultaneously broken the 200 billion won mark in stock ownership. Lee is the producer of many successful K-pop groups including Girls' Generation and Super Junior.
Yang produced Big Bang, 2NE1, and PSY.

Ha, I gotta agree with CaptYamato. I never really cared for much of T-ara besides Hyomin and I pretty much didn't know who Hwayoung was either lol.

T-ara isn't the only one who's getting edited out though. Remember Nickhun's accident a few weeks ago? He's also getting edited out in some show called "God of Victory" where 2PM is going up against Shinhwa.

AKP link right here: http://www.allkpop.com/2012/08/nich...ming-shinhwa-vs-2pm-special-on-god-of-victory

All I can say is smh at this. What's next? Are they gonna start editing Taeyeon and Tiffany out for allegedly being lesbians?? @________@

If you guys aren't following feelchokcross subs, they recently subbed A Pink News Season 3 ep02 as well as some random Crayon Pop stuff.

Finally!! I've been dying to watch A Pink News Season 3 for a while now, but both pinkpandasubs and apinksubs are taking their sweet ass time with it for some reason.

Speaking of which, to the Koreans in here... ignoring all the technical stuff like putting subtitles on the video, timing and all that, how hard is it actually to translate Korean into English?

I ask because I can understand Tagalog(Filipino language if you don't know what that is) very well and it doesn't even take me a long ass time to translate stuff. The typical Filipino soap operas for example that go on for at least half an hour... it would literally take me 2 viewings to catch all the dialogue and put them into paper. Granted Tagalog is easy as hell to learn since it uses the roman alphabet system and all that stuff, but I'd assume that if you are well versed into a different language, it also wouldn't take you some serious time to translate stuff like this. There's dudes like Oniontaker who could translate anything in less than a few hours, so how come subbing teams take their sweet ass time on stuff like this? It doesn't make any sense to me lol.

Edgeward

I'll put this out here first, I randomly got a coupon for 75% off Portal 2 on steam. If anyone wants it let me know

Not gonna put the rest of the items in this set because the omitted ones are horrible. I have no clue what they were thinking putting Kahi in that hair.

BOrRj.jpg

fRvcl.jpg

qFwKs.jpg

Clipse

Picture-33.png

A photo of Kara’s vehicles is today’s hottest trending photo on several internet portals. Kara’s two black and grey vehicles were seen parked in the handicapped parking spots on August 25 around 5PM at Chungnam GongJoo Jungahn’s Rest Stop. Reportedly, the cars were parked in the reserved area for approximately 15-20 minutes. Kara was on their way to record the “14th Annual Korea China Music Show” at the Yeosu World Exhibition Venue.

A witness accounted, “On that day, there were no parking spaces available. The parking administrator tried to block them, but the two vehicles pushed through and parked in the handicap spots. We found out that the vehicles belonged to Kara as they were in the cars. Even though the administrator kept telling them to remove their cars, they ignored him and waited to finish their business before leaving.” He continued, “Goo Hara and the other members were busy eating a hotdog and going to the restroom. They appeared very nonchalant. There were cars waiting to park in that [handicapped] spot. They waited and waited before turning back to leave. It was uncomfortable watching them [Kara] and the way they were enjoying such special treatment because they were celebrities.”

A representative of the Chungnam GongJoo Jungahn’s Rest Stop confirmed, “We received several complaints and went out to check the area. We saw two vehicles and Kara parked in the handicapped parking area.”

In related news, Kara made their long-awaited comeback this past weekend with their new title track “Pandora.”
http://www.soompi.com/2012/08/28/kara-under-fire-for-parking-their-vehicles-in-handicapped-spots/
KARA keepin' it classy.

Wow, that's an incredibly stupid thing to do with netizens looking for what seems like any excuse to ruin someone.

Finally!! I've been dying to watch A Pink News Season 3 for a while now, but both pinkpandasubs and apinksubs are taking their sweet ass time with it for some reason.

It seems like almost the entire Korean fansub community is slow as hell with a few exceptions, especially compared to Japanese subbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom