• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddler

People being taught the Gangnam Style dance on UK tv this morning:

bJJMC.jpg

It was both deeply embarrassing and funny.

Is channel 4 an important channel in UK? The good thing is that they haven't only talked about PSY, they talked a little bit about Super Junior too.

Alta1r

luso

What comedy or romance have you guys watched that is so good?

Like I said, most of them aren't great, although when they are great, they are fucking awesome. There's one movie that I really like, is called 'Sad Movie' in english lol. I cried everytime that I watched it.

You have the 'classics' Windstruck, A Moment to Rembember, etc, which were really good, but they are exception.

Thanks for the recommendations!

EDIT: When they release the OC performance on YT, please, someone, let us know! Ty <3

Memories of Murder, Barking Dogs Never Bite. If you want some not so mainstream, check out Kim Ki-duk movies.

Kahi is in California, your time is now CaptYamato.

I have here a too hot Kahi gif, maybe I'll poster later, link only.

@_@ context?

She's explaining how rectal touch is done.

actually is from Star Golden Bell from a couple of years ago, she's trying to explain the guests something with gestures. Don't know what can be though.

Edit:
Kimchidrama is over and Dramafever is blocked in my country, which other places exists to watch Reply 1997?

For grabs:
iD0JJm4Zieibt.jpg
ivh7GTnyrQ72L.jpg

Is channel 4 an important channel in UK? The good thing is that they haven't only talked about PSY, they talked a little bit about Super Junior too.

It's not as popular as the BBC or its commercial rival ITV but i would say its important. Psy seems to be a gateway drug - many people are asking about other kpop groups because of him.

Biscuits

LOL nicole keeps on giving.

It's not as popular as the BBC or its commercial rival ITV but i would say its important. Psy seems to be a gateway drug - many people are asking about other kpop groups because of him.
I think most people unfamiliar with kpop associate it with groups like SNSD and Super Junior. So when they see something like 2NE1 they go "wtf... this is weird, but not too unfamiliar and i kinda like this"

giri

LOL nicole keeps on giving.

I think most people unfamiliar with kpop associate it with groups like SNSD and Super Junior. So when they see something like 2NE1 they go "wtf... this is weird, but not too unfamiliar and i kinda like this"

I'd say kpop's bigger problem is most people will associate it with jpop. where it's nothing like jpop. But most people know how wacky the japs are and how weird their music is in general, and have already chosen to "meh" jpop.

Pendulum

q3sQv.png

did her reply get posted? I died when I read this.

suzy leave this man alone.

he's 33 years old.

Nicole just started following him on Twitter. His evil influence spreads.
Though she followed his co-star/girlfriend too, so maybe Nicole just really likes the Vampire Diaries.

--

tumblr_magkkqJqig1r5snbx.gif

giri

Stop posting illegal copyrighted tv shows in the thread. That will get this locked quicker than another yuri commentary.

Alta1r

Lol. This gif is too good. Cracks me up every time.

Funny thing about the Gangnam Style craze is that its bringing out a lot of kpop hipsters "i'm leaving kpop fandom, its becoming too popular" "fans of Psy are not true kpop fans" etc. I know this happens with every niche genre that hits big, but its funny watching it happen in realtime.

Haha, I agree. Seeing the kpop hipsters come out of the woodwork has been highly entertaining.

tumblr_magmyashi61qe0r1oo1_500.jpg

dokish

Banned
Stop posting illegal copyrighted tv shows in the thread. That will get this locked quicker than another yuri commentary.

It's on YouTube/Daily Motion, so what's the problem?

If it were torrents or something, I would agree, but come on...

giri

Because it's ILLEGAL COPYRIGHTED TV SHOWS.

If neogaf don't ban the user, delete the post, and lock the thread, they can be seen as supporting the distribution of copyrighted material and be sued for it. Or seen simply as a distributor.

The method of which its distributed doesn't matter one iota.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Yeah, it's always been a touchy subject to me. Newer members don't realize that just because it's easily accessible doesn't mean it's okay to post. I really don't want this thread locked over a tv show link.

Pendulum

This week's God of Victory, featuring a sexy dance battle between KARA and Secret for the cheers of army men, is out but it looks to be continued next week because they finished on the bit where Hara's brother comes out to surprise her, and didn't show it fully yet. Sorry, Ashhong.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, it's always been a touchy subject to me. Newer members don't realize that just because it's easily accessible doesn't mean it's okay to post. I really don't want this thread locked over a tv show link.
Especially a Kwanghee show.

Cuddler

Thanks for the answer, interesting.
I'd say kpop's bigger problem is most people will associate it with jpop. where it's nothing like jpop. But most people know how wacky the japs are and how weird their music is in general, and have already chosen to "meh" jpop.
In general I don't think a lot people know about K-pop at all. Not sure what is wrong with SNSD and Super Junior or J-Pop. Both SNSD and Super Junior have some really good songs and I don't know a lot about J-pop but a lot of anime openings/endings are really good songs compared to what sells in America/Europe.
IMO

This week's God of Victory, featuring a sexy dance battle between KARA and Secret for the cheers of army men, is out but it looks to be continued next week because they finished on the bit where Hara's brother comes out to surprise her, and didn't show it fully yet. Sorry, Ashhong.

It was easy to predict who would win the squat/carrying competition.

Tenck

I hope you know lots of illegal stuff is on Youtube. Whether it's on Youtube or Daily motion doesn't matter. Illegal is illegal.

A moment to remember is the best korean movie ever.

Well now I have to finish it. Netflix has been so good with the Korean films. It's like a secret gold mine I haven't fully explored.

Oreoleo

I hope you know lots of illegal stuff is on Youtube. Whether it's on Youtube or Daily motion doesn't matter. Illegal is illegal.

Isn't the impetus on Youtube to remove that content though? It's not the user's fault illegal content can be found there.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Pictures and gifs are fine but if you're having second thoughts on posting something because it might be nsfw, don't bother. I wouldn't risk it even with borderline nsfw stuff.

dokish

Banned
Sorry, people posting leaked shit all the time in the gaming section confused me.

EDIT: And the funny thing is, when YT deletes it, a crowd of people starts posting: 'Anyone saved it?' ; 'Mirror please', and then everyone post several alternative links... then the sites deletes everything, and repeat.

giri

Isn't the impetus on Youtube to remove that content though? It's not the user's fault illegal content can be found there.

No, the impetus isn't on YouTube to enforce someone else's copy right. It's up to the copy right holder to enforce their own copy right.

How ever, if YouTube continue to distribute copyright material once they've been notified they are then acting illegally and can be sued / raided/ arrested appropriately.

Cuddler

They are fine.

Pictures and gifs are fine but if you're having second thoughts on posting something because it might be nsfw, don't bother. I wouldn't risk it even with borderline nsfw stuff.
Thanks for the answer, I was always a little worried, because of copyright that some of the pictures have and I was not sure that it was legal to reupload them and post them here. With the gif is even worse because they are part of a copyrighted material, like a little video, so I wasn't really sure.
Sorry, people posting leaked shit all the time in the gaming section confused me.
Not sure of what you are talking about but posting scans of magazine is prohibited.
EDIT: Understood now, I don't know, you should ask a mod about that.

tatsuki

Thanks for the answer, I was always a little worried, because of copyright that some of the pictures have and I was not sure that it was legal to reupload them and post them here. With the gif is even worse because they are part of a copyrighted material, like a little video, so I wasn't really sure.
The bigger question here is, How long can your gif be before it becomes borderline :eek:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
For gifs and pics, I'm pretty sure I have never seen or heard of anyone ever getting sued over them unless they were being used for unlawful sales. In fact, it seems to have been universally embraced by content producers (fully allowed on official forums, shown off on national shows, etc) as a natural part of their public reception/free promotion. So, there is an extent to which enforcement and consistency of practices in such dictates the extent of applying the law, even though the letter of the law may be able to push it further. With that in view, videos get pulled all the time, so there is no acquiescence to justify the "fandom use" of it and their wishes should be respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom