• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

also, far too much Yoona in this thread.
32tHA.gif

Edgeward

The blonde hair is fine overall. It will just sometimes look bad in certain shots. Still, hopefully it goes back to normal very quickly like how Jiyeon went quickly went off the short hair wig during the Cry Cry promotions

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Finally watched/heard Paparazzi.
-Ravel at the beginning was "bitch, please"
-Song was okay. Chorus is bangin. Worst part is the melody on "Madataku Style noseru Light" but paired with the line before it, referencing Celebration by Kool & The Gang?
-Yoona dominated. Like, a lot. Wow.
-Stupid Hyoyeon dance break nobody wants where she demonstrates yet again that she hasn't learned a single new move since debut.
-I just think 9 members is too many and the press for time as they rapidly shuffle members limits the dynamics and creativity of choreography and melodic freedom to emotionally connect. T-ara is definitely going to be more fucked over than they already are.

Now excuse me while I listen to After School's "Slow Love" again.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
^ After School 'Slow Love' has been THE jam for the last few days. Hoping for something similar on the new album. (Which releases tomorrowjdjssjjsnsnssnsn)

Wortany

Paparazzi certainly is a good song. From the first time hearing it, I knew I wanted to listen more to it.
But it doesn't have good hook to easily recall which will probably hurt its popularity in the long run.

And on the opposite side, first time I heard 'Like This' made me cringe so hard. It sounded awful.
But now I'm constantly thinking: Like This yooo, like this! And I hardly ever listened to the song.

Also, those pink gloves and the red outfit of Sooyoung are awful. The MV could have been so perfect without those and giving Sooyoung an outfit like Yuri's.

Edgeward

Let's be realistic here. On one hand, you have SNSD. On the other, just another listen once and discard group.

Eh, I'm far more likely to have that attitude towards soshi songs recently than other groups. To me, they are a highly entertaining group on variety shows that just so happen to promote music on the side. Just can't be excited for it anymore, too many times it's been disappointing.

Edgeward

Invincible Youth continues to get better. Last one was entertaining the whole way, Hyomin and Sunhwa providing a lot of entertainment and didnt allow for silence and awkwardness. They handled their guest appearance like a goddamn boss. Not a lot of sunbyung screen time, but it didn't hurt the show.

Didn't even mind when they brought out the jar game, again. But that seems to be a staple now so okay. The MCs really go after Yewon a lot recently, a real trooper to take all that with a laugh and smile. But she ends up getting a lot of the focus now and is the most entertaining, so she must take solace in that.

Niks

Finally watched/heard Paparazzi.
-Song was okay. Chorus is bangin.
-I just think 9 members is too many and the press for time as they rapidly shuffle members limits the dynamics and creativity of choreography and melodic freedom to emotionally connect. T-ara is definitely going to be more fucked over than they already are.

Yeah, the song is not on The Great Escape levels of awesomeness, but its better than the boys for sure.

I thought the choreography was pretty good actually. The clapping move with the rotating arms part is great.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Am I the only one that kinda likes all three songs (WG, f(x), SNSD)?

And it seems to be doing pretty well for them too. SM should probably start taking them more seriously.
You are not the only one! For me, f(x) has the best song of the 3 while SNSD's hasn't stuck with as much as "Like This."

omg suzy gif^

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Like this, yo, like this!
파도처럼 내려가 like this!

Best song.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
So pissed with the post office right now. Last week, they supposedly tried to deliver my T-ara shirt while I was home (no knock, no phone call, but a 'delivery attempt' card was left behind), so I signed the card and put it in my mailbox for the next day. The carrier took the card but never redelivered the package, and now it's been sent back to Gmarket because the USPS says I never came to pick it up(?!). So I got charged for the shirt initially and now I have to pay the return delivery fees as well, and I have nothing to show for it. Ugh.

Am I the only one that kinda likes all three songs (WG, f(x), SNSD)?

I like all three, too. For the songs, it'd probably be f(x) > WG > SNSD, but the videos would be WG > SNSD > f(x). I'm into how casual and fun the "Like This" mv is.

Electric Shock is the single i like the least of the three.

The album 'Electric Shock' is quite weak compared to fx's Nu Abo album. Beautiful Stranger is pretty good and a bit inspired by Tinie Tempah's Written In The Stars.

Cosmic Bus you have to listen to this album if you have not already:
1nmIM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom