• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
601307_311025295657332_669090945_n.jpg

Peru

One thing I do agree with Dice on is that Hyoyeon's dance breaks with SNSD have been awfully same-y, repetitive and just lame. So I'm glad to see her on a show where she actually gets to dance.

giri

Invincible Youth continues to get better. Last one was entertaining the whole way, Hyomin and Sunhwa providing a lot of entertainment and didnt allow for silence and awkwardness. They handled their guest appearance like a goddamn boss. Not a lot of sunbyung screen time, but it didn't hurt the show.

Didn't even mind when they brought out the jar game, again. But that seems to be a staple now so okay. The MCs really go after Yewon a lot recently, a real trooper to take all that with a laugh and smile. But she ends up getting a lot of the focus now and is the most entertaining, so she must take solace in that.

Yewon has been boss since the start, tbh, but jiyoung kept shouting too much.

IY2 is basically about yewon and suzy atm.

Chesskid1

Banned
so after school's mini is out.

it's pretty bad, sorry to say. :( very disappointed.

that dubsteppy music from the teaser is the actual song btw. hopefully they go all out on the MV/perfs to help savage the song..

so after school's mini is out.

it's pretty bad, sorry to say. :( very disappointed.

that dubsteppy music from the teaser is the actual song btw.

'Flashback' beats 'Like This' or 'Electric shock' due to having a pretty good chorus. It's sound is edgier than i imagined, almost Gaga like in places.

Chesskid1

Banned
'Flashback' beats 'Like This' or 'Electric shock' due to having a pretty good chorus. It's sound is edgier than i imagined, almost Gaga like in places.

it's pretty strange. i don't really follow guy bands unless i see them on music shows and the only songs i really LOVED lately were guy bands songs, like "the chaser" or "MAMA". f(x), wonder girls, after school have been okay, and i'm sure they will do well, but the songs never resonated with me and i loved their previous stuff. would of never predicted that.

at least sistar is coming back in a week or two iirc, and then we have t-ara which i already know is a killer track, so still much more to look forward to :)

also, i've had russian roulette on repeat for like the past week now, how did i miss this song..

it's pretty strange. i don't really follow guy bands unless i see them on music shows and the only songs i really LOVED lately were guy bands songs, like "the chaser" or "MAMA". f(x), wonder girls, after school have been okay, and i'm sure they will do well, but the songs never resonated with me and i loved their previous stuff. would of never predicted that.

at least sistar is coming back in a week or two iirc, and then we have t-ara which i already know is a killer track, so still much more to look forward to :)

also, i've had russian roulette on repeat for like the past week now, how did i miss this song..

The rookies/lower tier groups songs this year have been a high standard in comparison to the popular groups. I'm guessing that the companies give the best songs to rookies to help launch them, while the big groups can get 'all kills' with the lesser songs.

Sweetune have had a very good run with their songs for Kara, Nine Muses and Infinite.

luso

Another page, another reminder:

NeoGAF K-pop 2012 First Semester Awards

Categories:

MUSIC AWARDS
Best Album/Mini-album
Best song
Best MV

ARTISTS AWARDS
Best Debut
Best Solo Artist (male/female)
Best Group - Male
Best Group - Female

IDOL AWARDS
Best fan-service (individual or groups)
Hottest Idol (female or male)
Revelation award
and
Special Goddess Award

Vote here
(submit at the end of page)

Need help to choose?
MV/Songs/Debut list

Full poll info

So far near 30 participants, would be good reaching the 100 mark!

Peru

So by "Blue" you mean "Alive" for Big Bang album? Sorry I forgot / didn't have the time to assist in the nomination process btw. I should've nominated 'Bad Boy' as it's clearly the superior track.

luso

So by "Blue" you mean "Alive" for Big Bang album? Sorry I forgot / didn't have the time to assist in the nomination process btw. I should've nominated 'Bad Boy' as it's clearly the superior track.

Yes, should be Alive, a small mistake...

magenta

Finally, my Eunjung shirt has arrived. I am disappointed about the print, feels like it will fade after a year.

And love the Suzy gif's, she is so pretty.

Edgeward

Flashback.

=|

Sounds more like something found in the album than it being your comeback song. I would have to hope the MV is at least entertaining.

Yewon has been boss since the start, tbh, but jiyoung kept shouting too much.

IY2 is basically about yewon and suzy atm.

Yup. Suzy has the Yuri role of having the interesting things happen to or around her because everyone gravitates towards her due to her prettiness rather than creating it like Yewon. And Jiyoung fills her role much better blending with the rest of the cast instead of the focal point in early episodes.

giri

Yup. Suzy has the Yuri role of having the interesting things happen to or around her because everyone gravitates towards her due to her prettiness rather than creating it like Yewon. And Jiyoung fills her role much better blending with the rest of the cast instead of the focal point in early episodes.

She might have a similar ... role in that they both are super popular with the outsiders... but they're very different personality wise.

NeoGAF K-pop 2012 First Semester Awards

Nice effort. Glad to see my idea come to fruition.

But where the fuck is Miryo's album? :|

Beauty and the Butterface

Hello Venus fancam

LOL at the chants. OOOOoooooooOOOooooOOooo

Really liking this group. Probably my favorite rookie group of '12, since EXID seems to be half dead. What's the brunette with straight hair called? She's cute as hell. Reminds me of the actress from City Hunter.

City-Hunter-5.jpg

Also added Darksnipercam to my subscriptions. Excellent fancammer. Seems to be a fan of Yuri too. Hope he gets a new camera soon though, I can't stop fixating on that... hole.

Speaking of Darksnipercam, was checking out this and another vid of A Pink, and the girls screaming really stood out to me. Is it just me that haven't noticed them before, or are A Pink really popular with the ladies?

Ok, first time lurking. - What I noticed, some of them even have nice feet. DEAR GOD!! Must be cuz they're Korean (Japanese women seem to lack in this regard)

Can't get into Jpop because of the teeth. What is wrong with the dental industry in Japan? =/

One thing I do agree with Dice on is that Hyoyeon's dance breaks with SNSD have been awfully same-y, repetitive and just lame. So I'm glad to see her on a show where she actually gets to dance.

I agree with this too. While I do not care about DWTS, it would be awesome if they paired her with a guy for a short dance solo in a song. Would have to make it less lame than Borams skit in Cry Cry though.

Off topic, but that is possibly the greatest gif ever. Get tears in my eyes just thinking about the other ones of this guy.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Speaking of Darksnipercam, was checking out this and another vid of A Pink, and the girls screaming really stood out to me. Is it just me that haven't noticed them before, or are A Pink really popular with the ladies?
You had me at A Pink fancam.

To answer your question, there are different sorts of girls in Korea. Some like girls who challenge stereotypes and have strength and swagger and whatnot, but others like heteronormative styles and cuteness and admire those who attain high levels of what they themselves dream of being like.

I mean, if I were a girl I'd totally go gay for this:

aTw9C.jpg

Deadly

I didn't vote in any category because I couldn't figure who to put in 2nd and 3rd place and Bad Boy was missing in Best song. I did give it a special mention though.

To answer your (yes/no)question, not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no not yes/no

lol

I mean, if I were a girl I'd totally go gay for this:

aTw9C.jpg

I would too. And not only for her either...

Edgeward

Really liking this group. Probably my favorite rookie group of '12, since EXID seems to be half dead. What's the brunette with straight hair called? She's cute as hell.

Yoo Ara

She might have a similar ... role in that they both are super popular with the outsiders... but they're very different personality wise.

Her personality is much closer to dead weight with the weird unfunny jokes and reliance on Shinyoung, if I was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with old cast members. Yuri was much more of an extrovert.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I fully approve. It sounds like old trance in the best way. Video is JYP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom