• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Who is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvsVa7rWbCw
Rookie girl group BIKINY‘s Mizi bared a bit of skin during her latest photoshoot.

Mizi, who is a former Miss Korea contestant, has been chosen as the model for a famous premium hat brand in Korea. In the photos that were revealed, she showed off her flawless visuals as she pulled off a casual yet alluring look.

Currenly, Mizi and the other BIKINY members are said to be busy going back and forth between Singapore and Korea to prepare for their next album ‘Girlfriend‘, which will be released overseas.

neoism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7H6V0InSL4
i3CprU284ieuZ.gif

Ym1r

I need to toss my phone at hyoyeon's head, knock her out, and get selcas of the 8 other members.

two birds one stone.

dokish

Banned
FUCK YES. I will throw at least 5 cellphones on Hyuna and 10 on Sunny.

I didn't understood the Dad Eye-Smile thing.

I need to toss my phone at hyoyeon's head, knock her out, and get selcas of the 8 other members.

two birds one stone.

i5J73i5KqOH01.gif

Once I get Nana locked down I will sell all kinds of pictures.

vanty

Really like the MV.

MxCQc.png

I can't be the only one who thinks she totally looks like Taeyeon here, right? Or even more parts of that balcony scene
Looks nothing like Taeyeon in that shot, if anything she looks more like Narsha than herself ahaha.

Ga In - Bloom MV

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K64mb5KUhhs&hd=1

god damn @ this MV.. watch it

i5J73i5KqOH01.gif

The song is awesome! When is the album coming out? I need the song and the music that started the mv, I love it.

And the video, I was like "damn there's too much bloom in the video" once it hit 4:00 I was like "oh dear lord where is her hand going?!?!" The bed scene didn't do much for me, I mean yeah it was sexy, and apparently unprecedented in K-Pop land but eh.

Also I love how her album is named "Talk about S" if I didn't see the video I wouldn't know what she's talking about but now that I have... well, I'm pretty sure there's no point in censoring the word out lol.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
yeah, we were talking about it in irc. milkham's description of the MV:

<milkham> its called bloom, theres flowers eveywhere, she sticks her hands in her pants and then fucks a guy

Niks

I was gonna go for the $190 seat but since some friends are coming, dat $40 lawn seats section >_>

Finally received the email for the pre-sale of tickets. It's gonna be tomorrow at 5pm instead of 11:59pm

Not that it matters when ill be buying $40 tickets >_> good news for the VVIP people though lol

Salazar

So, no in depth comments on this?

He's right that Soshi are positively staid by comparison with other groups. I mean, my first exposure to them was the Gee and Genie MVs one after the other; Genie was straight up hot, and remains so, but he's fairly right about the way that (obvious attractiveness largely aside), Gee is just force of (exaggerated) personality. It's kind of a shame that Soshi MVs decreasingly present members as different - even if the difference is a kind of hyperactive caricature. There's a sense in which there is a one-two-punch going on with the performance and variety content (the former is choreographed and regularised, the latter is putatively unscripted and natural), and I get that they are trying to push the super-choreographed angle (for one thing, Japan seems to adore it).

But the variety thing is such an indispensable hook. At least, for KpopGAF, and I presume for a pretty substantial proportion of other international fans. And when they talk about the "connection" thing - it does have a lot to do with the disjunction and complementarity between what fans see in performance and what they see in variety.

Ym1r

So, no in depth comments on this?

I really hope GG doesnt ever try their hand a debuting in the US.
It would be such a catastrophe.

Do more songs in english, but stay in Asia.

It seems Interscope is investing a lot into them, and to be fair, they do produce a good amount of decent artists. It would be nice to try it, who knows they might breakout.

Kyon

Banned
So now that Talk About S is out and YOUR FAVES' COMBACKS DON'T MATTER except TVXQs.. I guess I'll start posting regularly again since Ga In made me come back

dokish

Banned

Niks

He's right that Soshi are positively staid by comparison with other groups. I mean, my first exposure to them was the Gee and Genie MVs one after the other; Genie was straight up hot, and remains so, but he's fairly right about the way that (obvious attractiveness largely aside), Gee is just force of (exaggerated) personality. It's kind of a shame that Soshi MVs decreasingly present members as different - even if the difference is a kind of hyperactive caricature. There's a sense in which there is a one-two-punch going on with the performance and variety content (the former is choreographed and regularised, the latter is putatively unscripted and natural), and I get that they are trying to push the super-choreographed angle (for one thing, Japan seems to adore it).

But the variety thing is such an indispensable hook. At least, for KpopGAF, and I presume for a pretty substantial proportion of other international fans. And when they talk about the "connection" thing - it does have a lot to do with the disjunction and complementarity between what fans see in performance and what they see in variety.

When I read these articles that dissect K-pop form an outsiders perspective, they always talk about the "manufactured" side of things... I mean, we are already used to it, but for someone new to k-pop, all the winking and the heart making.. I can understand why that may come across as fake...
This connection may also be a bridge, specially if you dont invest time and "dedication" to get to "know" these idols.

neoism

Ages ago I said Sunhwa has the same face as Nigella Lawson (which I still think) and people said I was crazy, so who knows :p

damn man I looked and seen how you got there they have the same check boneskind of.....fugly nontheless...Sunhwa is goddess

Biscuits

Finally received the email for the pre-sale of tickets. It's gonna be tomorrow at 5pm instead of 11:59pm

Not that it matters when ill be buying $40 tickets >_> good news for the VVIP people though lol
Can anyone go for the presale or is it only for those who bought tickets for the cancelled concert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom