• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanty

Their Japanese album has more good songs than every Korean album and mini-album combined. If only their pronunciation was better.

Peru

The Japanese album is one of the best k-pop albums out there. Cohesive, album tracks better than most of their singles, etc. The Korean albums are craaaap.

neoism

The Japanese album is one of the best k-pop albums out there. Cohesive, album tracks better than most of their singles, etc. The Korean albums are craaaap.

meh opinions and all that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A5MrQleWyw&list=FLkYVlFnGfxX8Vept4uyDTiQ&index=11&feature=plpp_video>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJReD9chwFk

I really dont even know what I should buy I've been listening to all their stuff on youtube for last 2 months lol the Korean versions sounds waay better to me... I like paparazzi though but will they ever make a Korean version

Peru

Using a Korean single they hurriedly included on the JP album as an example isn't really an argument about the album's quality. I'm talking about the original JP content on it.

neoism

Using a Korean single they hurriedly included on the JP album as an example isn't really an argument about the album's quality. I'm talking about the original JP content on it.

I wouldn't know I've only really listen to their singles.. I just like the korean better than the japanese...sounds better to me..shrug

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
AOTY 2011

uPIIm.jpg

Peru

tumblr_mcs8l2qnbQ1qgy5guo1_500.gif

Is Sica actually laughing here, presumably because she's in no man's land in terms of choreography? Did they do this MV in one take?

Ashhong

This Jewelry - Look At Me is straight trash. Garbage quality.

edit: Dice who is that in your avatar? I swear she looks about 12 years old to my (admittedly high) eyes.

spink

Can you guys please remind me why most of you were collectively creaming your pants for her? I've seen phone booths more attractive than this.

I don't get it either. She looks weird as hell. She looks ok in some parts of her new song. Plus the sexual-ness of it adds to it.

if you don't think she is sex on a stick in the Abracadabra MV I may be forced to question your sexuality

roaSone

As I said before, Flower Power really grows on me. Somehow it's a good dance-song.
I agree that it's kinda weird, but you can't say it's a bad song, just different from what we've been used to.
The only point I agree with most of you guys is that there's indeed way too much of auto-tuned parts.. which is indeed terrible.

Edit: Ah, forgot to add smth. Fany, Taengoo and Soonkyu rule this song.

Edit² :
Tracklist of Soshi's new japanese album, "Girls' Generation II ~Girls & Peace~"

1. FLOWER POWER
2. Animal
3. I'm a Diamond
4. Reflection
5. Stay Girls
6. T.O.P
7. BOOMERANG
8. Oh!
9. ALL MY LOVE IS FOR YOU
10. PAPARAZZI
11. Girls & Peace
12. Not Alone

Boomerang ! \o/

Pendulum

Dance Version is way better, the song is quite weird, but it'll grow on me, I'm pretty sure of it.

Flower Power Dance Vers

I've only watched this version so far, and song is ok. Nothing special, but not bad. As people have said, too autotuned and too forced (e.g. the English). At least they didn't reference the group name in the song this time
and relegated it to the giant video screen

Off to drown the disappointment with some SUJIYAAAAAAA

tumblr_mcmkbx3Asz1qdcel5o1_250.gif

RM117:
So awesome the kids replied "Betray! Betray" to the call of "Giraffe" and then one kid tried to rip Kwang Soo's nametag off.

Kabuto

NS Yoon-G, (NS윤지) - If You Love Me feat. Jay Park MV

Good stuff. Jay's rapping was kinda eh same for the MV. NS YoonG really should be bigger imo, she consistently delivers good material.

BBwqv.jpg

your link doesn't work for me. It says it's not available in my country. The song is pretty good, but the mv is boring. Jay doesn't even make an appearance. I don't get the parts where she's just dancing on a white background, it just seems like filler.

2San

your link doesn't work for me. It says it's not available in my country. The song is pretty good, but the mv is boring. Jay doesn't even make an appearance. I don't get the parts where she's just dancing on a white background, it just seems like filler.
Did this fix it? Maybe it's cause it's Vevo. Yeah the MV is pretty disappointing. No idea what they where thinking.

Alta1r

NmKPQ.jpg

dont usually like yoona, but omg @___@

1335154809624.gif

Can you guys please remind me why most of you were collectively creaming your pants for her? I've seen phone booths more attractive than this.

LOL.

tumblr_mctbj7oAr51qb1285o2_500.jpg

Flower Power...

Song sucks.
Choreo sucks.
Style is okay, I guess.

Attention split:
80% Taengoo (so hot, have my babies)
10% Sica (underplayed in the mv)
10% Yoona (cutey, also underplayed)

I don't appreciate this misandry.

I agree with all of this, except Yoong was the 80% split of course. I like the chorus, but the rest of the song is pretty bad. The choreo was odd. Yoong/Sica/Taengoo trifecta killin it as usual though. That wig on Sunkyu:

OMG-review-8.gif

dokish

Banned
if you don't think she is sex on a stick in the Abracadabra MV I may be forced to question your sexuality

I'm with spink on this. Without make up her face is messed up. But, what the hell? She looks good with make up, let her use it at will.

Or you can always use the classic paper bag.

ieL4tFFMTffYt.gif

EDIT: More importantly, she doesn't have money to buy a car? Now THAT'S something to discuss. Poor Gain. :(

Pendulum

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hype destroyed

Linzy, wtf did they do to you ;_;

Jei is the only good looking on in this pic :(

Yezi looks fine, but I don't know what's going on with the studded gauntlet. Someone did do a Sunny on Linzy's hair though. Her face shows how worried she is about it.

Calcaneus

I watched the dance version again, and wtf?

I can't wrap my head around what is supposed to be going on, sometimes it looks like some members are lost. But then again that may just be part of the routine because there are so many odd things going on.

What happened to the neat and simple choreography they used to have?

Alta1r

This is the most wrong opinion stated in any of the k-pop threads. Holy crap.

Lol. Get out of here Peru.

I wouldn't know I've only really listen to their singles.. I just like the korean better than the japanese...sounds better to me..shrug

I agree with this. Mr. Taxi was good. And Time Machine. Everything else on both Japanese albums was pretty meh. The Korean singles are better than the Japanese singles enough to put the entire Korean albums over the Japanese ones.

iLkJEEOBbInqh.gif

Are they advertising the newest padded bra technology? ^^

Hopefully someone gets this up in HD ASAP as possible.

tumblr_mctagtZQFd1qbocj0o1_500.gif

neoism

Lol. Get out of here Peru.

I agree with this. Mr. Taxi was good. And Time Machine. Everything else on both Japanese albums was pretty meh. The Korean singles are better than the Japanese singles enough to put the entire Korean albums over the Japanese ones.

<3

Kuno

Wow, I don't get all the Flower Power hate. It's not great, but it's not bad either.

The problem for me is the chorus; it's not quite good enough. It has just a little too much of that JPOP flava. But the verses are nice and that little harmonizing leadup to the chorus is awesome to me.

Isn't there a Korean SNSD single coming this year?

Edit: Every time I hear this song, I think I'm about to hear "Catch My Breath" by capsule. The intro is really similar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No8B_2s8nOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom