• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
they all looked amazing

except yoon hye of course

edit- more on my tumblr
iAUJ2XerGQxZ2.gif

neoism

Wow, I don't get all the Flower Power hate. It's not great, but it's not bad either.

The problem for me is the chorus; it's not quite good enough. It has just a little too much of that JPOP flava. But the verses are nice and that little harmonizing leadup to the chorus is awesome to me.

Isn't there a Korean SNSD single coming this year?

Edit: Every time I hear this song, I think I'm about to hear "Catch My Breath" by capsule. The intro is really similar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No8B_2s8nOU

the video and direction and even the choreography isn't that great I like the song though... even though it seems a little short

Ashhong

The song? It's pretty great.

Song and video. I think it sucks, which is saying something since I think everything is great when im stoned.

Off to drown the disappointment with some SUJIYAAAAAAA

tumblr_mcmkbx3Asz1qdcel5o1_250.gif

[/spoiler]

Where is this from?

Yeah true..
Yuri and Sooyoung at a Burberry event *_*

And who is this in the turtleneck?

Man, it's impossible to view this thread in public without feeling embarrassed.

ryan-ts

I agree with this. Mr. Taxi was good. And Time Machine. Everything else on both Japanese albums was pretty meh. The Korean singles are better than the Japanese singles enough to put the entire Korean albums over the Japanese ones.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

ryan-ts

Naw, the Korean versions of the korean songs are so superior to the .jp version, that the .jp albums aren't their best.

Maybe the best collection of titles, but thats it.

I just wanted to say he was wrong. The number of wrongs in my post was not directly related to the number of wrongs in his post.

Deadly

I don`t think anyone is disagreeing that the Korean singles are better. If you`ve ever listened to the rest of the stuff on their Korean albums, you`d know that it`s 95% shit. On the other hand the Japanese album actually delivers good stuff

RubyFaith

Waaaaaaaaaait. Are you talking about the albums? Because I'm talking about the singles. Paparazzi at least sounds like one song. Plus the concept, and visuals are way better than Flower Power's. Hell, even the title is better than the latter.

Ashhong

Waaaaaaaaaait. Are you talking about the albums? Because I'm talking about the singles. Paparazzi at least sounds like one song. Plus the concept, and visuals are way better than Flower Power's. Hell, even the title is better than the latter.

The post you quoted is talking about just Flower Power. However neoism is talking about Korean singles, while everyone else is talking about the album as a whole. You guys need to learn how to communicate better!

Niks

All I know is The Great Escape is one of soshis best songs, and its a japanese song. The japanese album was solid all around.

Alta1r

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

iS6xEBc3ldNJp.gif

I don`t think anyone is disagreeing that the Korean singles are better. If you`ve ever listened to the rest of the stuff on their Korean albums, you`d know that it`s 95% shit. On the other hand the Japanese album actually delivers good stuff

I can kinda agree with this. The other songs on the Japanese album don't sound as bad as some of the other songs on the Korean albums. But none of the other songs from either Korean or Japanese albums made it into my music library anyway. And I like the Korean headliners/title songs/whatever they're called way better. So, Korean albums win for me. It's like comparing looks between Soshi and Kara. Sure, even Ham and Jing look better than Sunkyu and Soo, but who cares about the girls you're never going to look at anyway. No one looks nearly as good as Yoong or Sica either. So, I'll take Soshi.

tumblr_mct789qbqE1qgn8lyo1_500.jpg

RubyFaith

The post you quoted is talking about just Flower Power. However neoism is talking about Korean singles, while everyone else is talking about the album as a whole. You guys need to learn how to communicate better!

Who is neoism though? I was talking to peru and then giri quoted me talking about the albums I presume. Guess I should have quoted him.

054Psyduck.png

Ashhong

Who is neoism though? I was talking to peru and then giri quoted me talking about the albums I presume. Guess I should have quoted him.

054Psyduck.png

Who is neoism? His posts are right up there on this page lol. I don't know, I'm not part of the conversation. Seems like you guys just all got confused.

neoism

yeah I've never even listened to the other songs on their albums I agree that jap album is good song wise because all the amazing korean singles are there.

do they even sale good is japan...I just wish they would just concentrate on what they're good at.. and that is Korean.. I remember some where they said doing the japanese was hard...did SM make them go to the Japanese market.. or is it because they get a better cut there or something

giri

yep! another great song from the album.

Are you just trolling me?

Bad Girls is terrible. The MV is the worst thing ever produced. Its like they let hyo pick the theme, and she picked something that would drag them all down to her level.

And the song is worse than girlfirend.

It's so bad it deserves a spot on the pandora album (outside pandora, that album is trash).

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
the song is really good. and we're only talking about songs. also, hoot is their worst title track.

... My god.

Left almost speechless after that Yuri picture, but please point me in the direction of this Seungah video.

if you don't think she is sex on a stick in the Abracadabra MV I may be forced to question your sexuality

She looks better in Abracadabra. Not seeing any sex though, not even any sticks.

I'm with spink on this. Without make up her face is messed up. But, what the hell? She looks good with make up, let her use it at will.

There isn't enough make up in the world to cover up those cheeks.

Are you just trolling me?

Bad Girls is terrible. The MV is the worst thing ever produced. Its like they let hyo pick the theme, and she picked something that would drag them all down to her level.

And the song is worse than girlfirend.

It's so bad it deserves a spot on the pandora album (outside pandora, that album is trash).

Uh uh uh uh uh hurricane uh uh uh uh uh venus

SME really is the laziest fucking company out there.

Ashhong

yeah I've never even listened to the other songs on their albums I agree that jap album is good song wise because all the amazing korean singles are there.

do they even sale good is japan...I just wish they would just concentrate on what they're good at.. and that is Korean.. I remember some where they said doing the japanese was hard...did SM make them go to the Japanese market.. or is it because they get a better cut there or something

The Japanese market is huge, and they do sell pretty well there. There's a reason every big kpop act wants to make it in Japan (and also why BoA was there for so long). I agree with you that the Korean singles sound better in Korean. However that's not what everyone is talking about. Listen to the entire album. Compare the Japanese album to Boys. Don't just listen to the title tracks.

I hope i get a NaNa signature.

You gonna burn it if you do to troll OC? Pics required kthx

Peru

SME really is the laziest fucking company out there.

Generally. But the original Japanese productions have all been supervised by the same producers, which is different to how they do it in Korea, for the first time giving them a sound that can actually be identified as 'SNSD'. SM did good giving someone else the reins and not just buying random songs from Universal Europe. It's just that singles such as Mr Taxi have been a bit weaker than the album tracks.

And they don't sell 'pretty well' in Japan, they sell more albums than almost any other Japanese artists. They're making so much more dough they probably should sever their ties to Korea. Although releasing dumb remakes such as 'Oh' is an easy way to cheapen the brand. Album better be good.

vanty

And they don't sell 'pretty well' in Japan, they sell more albums than almost any other Japanese artists. They're making so much more dough they probably should sever their ties to Korea. Although releasing dumb remakes such as 'Oh' is an easy way to cheapen the brand. Album better be good.
If SM had a good enough deal with Universal I'm sure they would have already. In reality they probably get almost a small a percentage as their own artists do from them.

DXPett1

Naw, the Korean versions of the korean songs are so superior to the .jp version, that the .jp albums aren't their best.

Maybe the best collection of titles, but thats it.

Disagree completely. With exceptions Japanese version is superior. Genie, Gee, Mr Taxi, Run Devil Run; all better in Japanese. And to boot the original songs on the Japanese album are fantastic; Bad Girl, The Great Escape, you-aholic, Beautiful Strange...I could go on

giri

Disagree completely. With exceptions Japanese version is superior. Genie, Gee, Mr Taxi, Run Devil Run; all better in Japanese. And to boot the original songs on the Japanese album are fantastic; Bad Girl, The Great Escape, you-aholic, Beautiful Strange...I could go on

Shock.gif

So wrong ;(

neoism

tumblr_m66mswmGJq1ryf53go2_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom