• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

Lotte Mart definitely used to sell it when I was in Australia, the one up past Anzac Square on the way towards the Valley. Haven't been there in a year though.

Used to have friends that worked Koz Market and the restaurants around there as well so it was easy to buy.

Don't know the lotte Mar at all, will have to go looking for it today.

Know Koz, thats one of the ones i asked at. Its probably because i'm white :(

Happy Birthday Milkham!
9aPdg.png

Peru VIP's are out in full force.
m1nlN.jpg
CKGJH.jpg

XtjkH.jpg

Kuno

Has anyone had the misfortune of listening to the new Kara album, Girls Forever? I certainly wasn't expecting much since their Japanese singles are mediocre at best, but... oh man. I sorta liked "Speed Up" but the album tracks are beyond terribad. Just generic-sounding C-tier pop with bad vocals. But maybe that's just J-pop these days.

I'd add YouTube links but it looks like they were taken down. "Shake It Up", "Rock On" and "Innocent Girl" are particularly bad.

iSq2buusonGQV.gif

Selane

Has anyone had the misfortune of listening to the new Kara album, Girls Forever? I certainly wasn't expecting much since their Japanese singles are mediocre at best, but... oh man. I sorta liked "Speed Up" but the album tracks are beyond terribad. Just generic-sounding C-tier pop with bad vocals. But maybe that's just J-pop these days.

I'd add YouTube links but it looks like they were taken down. "Shake It Up", "Rock On" and "Innocent Girl" are particularly bad.

iSq2buusonGQV.gif

And it's still 100 times better than any of SNSD's Japanese songs(not counting their first album), so I can't really complain. Besides, I personally love Electric Boy even though most people didn't like it, so I'm kind of so-so on the whole thing.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

icP3wr0xfBxJl.gif

giri

And it's still 100 times better than any of SNSD's Japanese songs(not counting their first album), so I can't really complain. Besides, I personally love Electric Boy even though most people didn't like it, so I'm kind of so-so on the whole thing.

Thats because electric boy is awesome.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Alright here is my review

Speed Up - Love it. It's different enough to throw an old Kara fan for a loop, but I could accept it as a new direction for them to explore.

Electric Boy - Not terribly imaginative but produced well enough to be fun

Give Me Give Me - Mediocre DDR track

Shake It Up - Lazy shit on the level of 4minute's Heart 2 Heart

Kiss Me Tonight - Not bad, not amazing, but pretty fresh. Dal Shabet-ish.

Orion - Generic ballad, unfortunately becoming standard for them after awesome ballads in earlier years. Extremely jpop style on this one, too.

Oops! - A nice concept base, but strangely vaccant production. Some remixes could take it to greatness.

Rock On - Entering AKB48's territory. Please just keep this away from Kara.

Innocent Girl - Could this be any lazier? Some asshole must have whipped this up in 30mins.

Girls Power - Kickass. Beautiful and memorable melodies, full production, high energy, a feeling of pure joy. Capturing the essence of Kara and directing it to the Japanese market properly.

Overall: Definitely disappointing after Super-fucking-awesome-Girl, but unfortunate filler tracks were an expectation for me when I heard they were signed with UMJ. They still have good tracks and those are the ones they are promoting, so it's not like it's an omen for a terrible change of direction, just some shitty pop practices common in the Japanese/American markets where Korea would have just saved money and released a mini instead.

Electric Boy would be much better if they shortened or replaced the bridge of the song. It seems out of place with the rest of the song.

So...UMJ continues to be trash as a record company

KARA - Girls Forever = 28,724 (Super Girl did 73,076 on its first day)

I'm still not sure how UMJ convinces so many Kpop artists to sign with them. And KARA is currently stuck with them until the end of next year.

UMJ must have thrown money at them up front when the kpop goldrush started.

I just looked it up and the kpop groups they have are:

4minute, A-Jax, Big Bang, F.Cuz, SNSD, Infinite, Kara, Rainbow and Teen Top.

They're either spreading themselves too thinly or they simply don't give a toss on the quality of the songs they get for the groups.

watershed

Banned
Can someone help me figure out the name of this singer or song? I heard this song a week or two ago but now I can't remember it. It was sung by a solo female singer not a group. I think the song was new at the time. It was described to me as "soulful". She had a full bodied voice for sure. That's all I got unfortunately. Help me please!

giri

Can someone help me figure out the name of this singer or song? I heard this song a week or two ago but now I can't remember it. It was sung by a solo female singer not a group. I think the song was new at the time. It was described to me as "soulful". She had a full bodied voice for sure. That's all I got unfortunately. Help me please!

where did you hear it?

Last Weeks Music Core

Thats last weeks music core, its entirely possible if its new, that she was on the show.

JKTrix

It's possible that she went to your school if it stood out that much. There's a guy on YouTube that has a popular Kpop show that used to teach English, and he said he taught her.

Happy Birfday to milkham

jokkir

Did he recently suffer a stroke that made one side of his face paralyzed?

Hahaha. I probably should have chosen a different image to draw but whatever. Better than my first attempt that I started before I took a long break with drawing those two weeks ago >__>

I wonder what type of cars would best represent each of the SNSD members....?

This would be Tiffany's:

2006_mazda_mx-5_miata_3rd_generation_ltd-pic-45808.jpeg

Random side note, I have the same exact car... Fany just needs to come here to Texas and I'll gladly teach her how to drive stick(among other things that need to be driven lol) so she can take my car anytime. :DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom