• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkham

That drama is maybe one of the most
boring?, annoying?, stupid? ...I could go on with bad words for a while...
I've ever saw.

i agree, but
she was so fucking beautiful i couldn't stop watching

Wait, she was in 3 episodes? I think I've only seen her first and now ep 103. She was great in her first one. Really energetic and funny. What episode is her second?

oh i meant that first one, it was a two part-er

vanty

If you ever have the question "What RM episode was...?" the answer is almost always to be found here. Just have to click 'show' for 2010, 2011 and 2012.

Pendulum

Wait, she was in 3 episodes? I think I've only seen her first and now ep 103. She was great in her first one. Really energetic and funny. What episode is her second? I'll have to find gifs of her in fashion king.

RM 57 and 58

Edit: What milkham said

Watching the last subbed Running Man with Han Ji Min, and goddamn she's 30?! Sometimes being Korean has its advantages

She was great on Running Man. She has a beautiful smile too.
4BerU.jpg

Peru

30 isn't any age to speak of. Shakira is 35 and still the hottest. I'm impressed with some Korean stars who push 50 and still look that hot, though.

Ashhong

30 isn't any age to speak of. Shakira is 35 and still the hottest. I'm impressed with some Korean stars who push 50 and still look that hot, though.

Depends on the context. I was just surprised that she was 30. Looks so young.

Thanks for the SSK link magenta

Edgeward

T-ara has a program to switch leaders every year or so. At one point Boram was a leader. Yes, you read that right. Boram, Eunjung, Hyomin were leaders previously.

Kabuto

Who are the best and worst leaders?

I don't know about worst leader, but the reason I asked the question was because Victoria is the leader of f(x). Blew my mind because I thought Luna was the entire time because I never saw Victoria as the leader type.

Selane

I don't know if it's an obvious question or not but are the "leaders" of a K-Pop group only selected by age?

No, but they mostly are. Sometimes it makes sense that way, like if the leader is considerably older than the rest of the group like with Girl's Day/A Pink/f(x) etc.

Kabuto said:
I don't know about worst leader, but the reason I asked the question was because Victoria is the leader of f(x). Blew my mind because I thought Luna was the entire time because I never saw Victoria as the leader type.

Really? She was always one of the leader-iest leaders...keep in mind that when f(x) debuted the other members were 14, 15, 16, and 17 and she was 22 so she basically had to play surrogate mom. There's a reason they call her 'Vic umma'.

JKTrix

Kahi is also just scary.

Most groups just select leader by age, there are a few exceptions as shown above. From my observations of Korean and Japanese culture, the 'pecking order' is largely dictated by seniority. Someone who is older or who has just been around longer is more likely to get more privileges. It seems to be more extreme in Korea than in Japan, as I've noticed in shows like Running Man that pretty much the first thing people do after they shake your hand is figure out whether you're older or younger than them. The Korean and Japanese languages are infused with specific words that denote the social status of the person you are addressing, and most of them have to do with age.

I find the 'maknae' position interesting, as it's solely for the youngest member of the group. They almost lose their own name and just get referred to as 'maknae'.

Chesskid1

Banned
isn't tae and yoona the most known really wish they would sub that faster... :p

the show hello! automatically gets subtitled at like a 1 or 2 week delay on kbs's international channel, so most people don't bother subbing it.

also, editing out gifs when quoting them is a good idea.

Biscuits

:O

I don't know if it's an obvious question or not but are the "leaders" of a K-Pop group only selected by age?
Seems like it most of the time.

the show hello! automatically gets subtitled at like a 1 or 2 week delay on kbs's international channel, so most people don't bother subbing it.
Did not know this, checking out their channel now...

Edit: nvm I think you meant TV channel, right?

Peru

Fany and Taeyeon hosting SimSimTapa.. holy crap. Taeyeon so good at it and of course comfortable with Tiffany. Whole nother level compared to your average MCs. So much worthwhile than your average promotional activity.

Man, Sunny's hair looks like it gets worse every day.
Word to that. Why can't she keep it simple? Does SM call the shots on her hair color on a daily basis or what?

Btw I finally got my account activated today. Been lurking for like 4 months, so I figured I should start contributing!

Edgeward

This dramafever app is pretty good. Already paying off with seeing Kim Sori on my tv wearing the blue short dress in HD. And they use readable fonts. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom