• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesskid1

Banned
gonna be weird recommending gee cause it's so damn old but there isn't anything really better by them that's more modern.

t-ara fans vote for roly poly, lovey dovey could be ok too.

kara fans vote for lupin or step.

thanks.

And if we actually do put it into a grid like the original image we can ask the music majors/connoisseurs in here to break the rows/columns into coherent categories.

I'll do it if y'all want to. School just started up for me so I've got loads of time for now lol.

giri

gonna be weird recommending gee cause it's so damn old but there isn't anything really better by them that's more modern.

t-ara fans vote for roly poly, lovey dovey could be ok too.

kara fans vote for lupin or step.

thanks.
Is Gee or Genie more iconic?

Ranvier

Wow. This look for her is ridiculous]

Don't get fooled by the sepia tone. It can make almost anyone look good.

said:
girls-generation-snsd-sepia-asians-korean-im-yoona-k-pop-HD-Wallpapers.jpg

I kid, I kid

What's this poll you guys are talking about?

Honey Bunny

LTFT is their best song no doubt. And Genie is soshi's best. They both deserve a spot tbh no matter how representative (or not) they are. But that's why we're having a poll.

Hellix

Votes should go to the most representative song, which in some cases doesn't necessarily means the best song.

Are we going to go with the 2 songs per artist limit?

For a list of 25, two songs should from an artist/group should be the limit.

vanty

For recent T-ara Lovey Dovey is definitely better than Roly Poly.

I always feel kinda stupid typing out those two song titles ahah.

Alta1r

How about.. we list 24 questions (24 artists so it flows nicely in the op) with 4 possible answers (songs) and a spot for Other (if a song is not listed.) Can only choose one answer. The song, to the person filling out this survey, should be considered an "essential" kpop song. If 24 artists isn't enough, then i suggest 28 or 32 artists.
for now, we should get list of 24 artists. If anyone feels like an artist is missing then just add onto it until we, as a whole, are satisified. Then from there on, the survey can be written out.

I'd say if we're going for "iconic" or "essential" kpop songs - which I understand to mean they have some sort of historic relevance and/or helped define or currently help identify the genre - then there are plenty of artists that should have more than one song (i.e. Big Bang, 2NE1, Boa etc.) before some artists get their first song (i.e. Brave Girls, NS Yoon G, Exid etc.). For example, Kara's Step and Lupin before any Dal Shabeet song or Soshi's Gee and Genie before any Spica song.

Unless we're going for what is the most iconic or representative song for each artist with potentially non-iconic artists making it on the list. Then I have no issues with this.

Is Gee or Genie more iconic?

Both! But I'd go with Gee.

Don't get fooled by the sepia tone. It can make almost anyone look good.

Lol, you may be right..

after-school-Jooyeon-tumblr.jpg

Although that's probably just the bangs, as without them she still looks pretty fantastic.

jooyeon_cute_v_selca_120628-240x240.jpg

giri

I'd say if we're going for "iconic" or "essential" kpop songs - which I understand to mean they have some sort of historic relevance and/or helped define or currently help identify the genre - then there are plenty of artists that should have more than one song (i.e. Big Bang, 2NE1, Boa etc.) before some artists get their first song (i.e. Brave Girls, NS Yoon G, Exid etc.). For example, Kara's Step and Lupin before any Dal Shabeet song or Soshi's Gee and Genie before any Spica song.

Unless we're going for what is the most iconic or representative song for each artist with potentially non-iconic artists making it on the list. Then I have no issues with this.

I dare suggest listing more than 1 song per group, apart from the really big groups (SNSD and Kara for the females as i believe it goes 1 & 2 like that, though i can see the argument for 2ne1 also) would limit your ability to show the full range of kpop "sound". For e.g. to someone who likes I Got A Boy (a chicken), i would be more inclined to follow up with f(X) than i would be with more Soshi songs.

Though i'd be happy to leave it at 1 song per group, just to quell any favoritism claims.

The song you should vote for should be the song you think is the best AND represents that group the best.

Thats my understanding of how the list would be formed.

Alta1r

inv6QEvxq06Lx.gif

Has this been subbed yet?

I dare suggest listing more than 1 song per group, apart from the really big groups (SNSD and Kara for the females as i believe it goes 1 & 2 like that, though i can see the argument for 2ne1 also) would limit your ability to show the full range of kpop "sound". For e.g. to someone who likes I Got A Boy (a chicken), i would be more inclined to follow up with f(X) than i would be with more Soshi songs.

Though i'd be happy to leave it at 1 song per group, just to quell any favoritism claims.

The song you should vote for should be the song you think is the best AND represents that group the best.

Thats my understanding of how the list would be formed.

For sure. I agree. If we're going for what is most representative of the full range of sounds in kpop or what is the best intro to the different groups in kpop, then yeah, 1 song per group is likely the best way to do it.

tumblr_mgmj0kg0oe1s20pe4o1_250.gif
tumblr_mgmj0kg0oe1s20pe4o2_250.gif

tumblr_mgmj0kg0oe1s20pe4o3_250.gif
tumblr_mgmj0kg0oe1s20pe4o4_250.gif

Here's the full Jessica/Krystal Stonehenge making video with English subs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHzeVGlN0AA

Dat muzak. I was totally getting the very wrong vibe just from the music hahaha. I felt like I was about to see the most glorious thing ever, too bad it didn't happen. :(

Anyway, looks like I need to change my plans and marry Sica instead. Apparently, Krystal's gonna be living in our future house after marriage, so you know what that means... :D

Biscuits

I'm down for voting. I think 2 songs per group would be more fair to most non-rookie groups though.

Okay the new running man episode was my favorite one in a long time. The ending was fucking hilarious
yes, seriously.
workout karaoke and running man musical chairs are both genius, so simple yet so entertaining

http://youtu.be/U7oX-Xd7m1I?t=4m33s
guys anyone know what episode this is of family outing. 4 minutes 30 seconds in.....
Taeyeon was in 2 episodes, you should definitely check them out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom