• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgeward

Roku. Also in semi related news, the unofficial dialymotion app was taken down because an official one will be out soon. If only google and roku could settle whatever difference they have and bring back the youtube app I be completely satisfied with this little box.

Kabuto

Word to that. Why can't she keep it simple? Does SM call the shots on her hair color on a daily basis or what?

Btw I finally got my account activated today. Been lurking for like 4 months, so I figured I should start contributing!

tumblr_lxfv25XLce1qc2fqjo3_250.gif

Welcome!

1328630728_jay-park-new-breed-2012.jpg

Listening to this right now and while the R&B parts are good, they're not my thing. AOM & 1llionaire, Wasted, and Enjoy the Show are sick tho.

Hellix

This dramafever app is pretty good. Already paying off with seeing Kim Sori on my tv wearing the blue short dress in HD. And they use readable fonts. Amazing.

Speaking of dramas, what are some you guys recommend? I never seen a K-drama but I am open to trying.

Speaking of dramas, what are some you guys recommend? I never seen a K-drama but I am open to trying.
Haven't seen all of the episodes of either yet, but My Girlfriend Is a Nine-Tailed Fox and Dream High (for Suzy and IU of course) were both great from what I watched.

Hellix

Thanks, I was thinking about starting with Reply 1997 anyway. It seems pretty popular. I'll try Dream High and IRIS to start out as well.

luso

27th Golden Disk Awards winners.
Just for the information.

• Disk Daesang
- Super Junior

• Disk Bonsang
- 4minute
- B1A4
- B2ST
- CNBLUE
- FT ISLAND
- INFINITE
- KARA
- SHINee
- Super Junior

• Rookie Award
- EXO-K
- Juniel

• Popularity Award
- SHINee

• Best Dance Performance Award
- Trouble Maker

• Best Group Performance Award
- INFINITE

• Next Generation Star Award
- BTOB

• MSN Southeast Asia Award
- Super Junior

• Malaysia’s Most Favorite Star Award
- CNBLUE
- KARA

• jTBC Best Artist Award
- B2ST

• Golden Disk Producer Award
- Han Sung Ho (FNC Entertainment)

Peru

There is a Day 2 of the GDA's.. so I guess the digital daesang is tomorrow. The disk daesang is largely based on sales so I wouldn't say it's that respected and I guess the SuJu stans got their way.

catmincer

Aren't they based on sales alone? If so, I suppose most the winners make sense. 4Minute for example sell very well with physical copies (Hyuna probably) *shudder*

Ashhong

There is a Day 2 of the GDA's.. so I guess the digital daesang is tomorrow. The disk daesang is largely based on sales so I wouldn't say it's that respected and I guess the SuJu stans got their way.

Hm, what is the most "respected" award show? I forgot the others. The one SNSD won for HOOT? I thought that was the GDA

dokish

Banned
Depends what kinda of drama you like.

Soap opera style, silly comedy, serious stuff etc.

I recommend A Gentleman's Dignity for top tier comedy and eye candy.

Also I Miss You, which is currently being aired in Korea. (Serious drama)

luso

Ok it holds some status, they were crying and all when they beat SuJu but then the race was close. This year SuJU sold a lot more albums than the other contenders.

I can't remember anyone caring for anything but the Daesang part of it, though.

These are the 'cred' awards: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Music_Awards

GDA are mostly based on sales numbers. When SNSD won in 2010 it was a close contest.
There is also Seoul Music Awards but KMA seems more legit or at least not so idol-centered.

No No Eul

CCM continuing the fine tradition of giving its artists hard-earned money away to other people. Of course in this instance, it may well be a sincere gesture but at the same time, we all know how questionable that company's motives can be.

CCM responds to criticisms about T-ara’s Dani’s acting on ‘School 2013′

Hearing about the criticisms, a representative of Core Contents Media stepped up in defense, stating, “I saw Dani’s acting but I don’t think it’s too serious.” The rep added, “Dani’s Korean is still not so good… She’s consistently practicing acting, and she’ll continue to act in the future.”

What's this and why there's SHinee members name?

tumblr_mgnkg6TF3n1qelqsho1_1280.jpg

SHINee and f(x)’s Krystal and Sulli to have YouTube drama ‘Sweet Recipe’ for Etude House

There's this video too:

Happy 2013, 샤이니의 새해인사와 에뛰드의 스윗한 뉴 모델 공개★

icVgTBx3NtZx0.jpg

Peru

BoA is riding a wave of goodwill from the Korean public atm, people love her stuff on K-pop Star. Even netizens fail to find things to complain about http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.ca/2013/01/tv-k-pop-star-2_15.html

tumblr_mftqnh4Gz21re9mgjo1_500.jpg

CCM continuing the fine tradition of giving its artists hard-earned money away to other people. Of course in this instance, it may well be a sincere gesture but at the same time, we all know how questionable that company's motives can be.

Will this organization take the costs of SPEED's flop release as well? 'PR Guru' KKS strikes again.

wwlnd

Banned
@luso/face/tatsuki adn other big gif makers:

getting 6.5MB/s from google drive vs 1.5MB/s (1.3 yesterday) from minus.

Niks

Fany and Taeyeon hosting SimSimTapa.. holy crap. Taeyeon so good at it and of course comfortable with Tiffany. Whole nother level compared to your average MCs. So much worthwhile than your average promotional activity.

Yeah, after soshi disbands taeng will most likely get a lot of offers to work in radio. Shes awesome.

I havent seen the whole thing yet, anyone got links to it?

So I have been overseas on business trips for the last week and a half. What did I miss?

Also, my korean classes start again next week. Yay!

Edit: Oh yeah! The United Airlines flight I was on had a Running Man episode on the in flight entertainment. I thought that was odd. Also, I tried explaining to an israeli guy that Lee Min Jung is hotter than Bar Refaeli but he was having none of it.

Pendulum

FYI - Day 2 of the Golden Disk Awards:

▲ Digital Daesang
- Psy “Gangnam Style”

▲ Digital Bonsang
- 2NE1
- BIG BANG
- f(x)
- G-Dragon
- Huh Gak
- K.Will
- miss A
- Psy
- SECRET
- SISTAR
- T-ara

▲ Rookie Award
- B.A.P
- Ailee
- Lee Hi

▲ CeCi Popularity Award
- G-Dragon

▲ Samsung Galaxy Star Award
- SISTAR

▲ InStyle Fashionista Award
- Lee Hong Ki

▲ MSN International Award
- BIG BANG

▲ Best Hip Hop Star Award
- Epik High

▲ Best Single Album Award
- TEEN TOP

roaSone

I've just started watching some Family Outing, man Lee Hyo Ri is definitely something, she's indeed top tier and ridiculously funny! I really hope that when she'll comeback she'll do some variety shows, god I think I just fell in love.

milkham

I've just started watching some Family Outing, man Lee Hyo Ri is definitely something, she's indeed top tier and ridiculously funny! I really hope that when she'll comeback she'll do some variety shows, god I think I just fell in love.

such a great show

irdlsq5N4QhY3.gif
672052ebtw1e0lukvw5y8g.gif

it must be really annoying to be in the audience for legally blonde when jessica is there, all the cameras clicking the whole time.

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
120623 VMAJ 캬리 파뮤파뮤-츠케마 츠케루(つけまつける)
http://cfile6.uf.tistory.com/media/1115A24750030857179446

Perfume
2010 도쿄돔 Perfume - Secret Secret 시크릿시크릿
http://cfile24.uf.tistory.com/media/1770083D5027D97B1E11F9

2011 Perfume - レーザービーム / Laser Beam
http://cfile24.uf.tistory.com/media/1657FF484FF81D6F3190EB

111106 MJ Perfume - Spice スパイス(스파이스)
http://cfile1.uf.tistory.com/media/131763475003085816D003

120527 Perfume 3rd Tour JPN - Fake It
http://cfile5.uf.tistory.com/media/1717314750030858158DCD

120527 Perfume 3rd Tour JPN - Have a Stroll
http://cfile9.uf.tistory.com/media/205C42424FF8578315796C

Haven't seen all of the episodes of either yet, but My Girlfriend Is a Nine-Tailed Fox and Dream High (for Suzy and IU of course) were both great from what I watched.
1715983850325F2825E1CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom