• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full MV

2Yoon - 24/7 (Official Music Video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQwhjXE27XI

2yoon20vp5a.jpg

new page

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
added 24 "essential" kpop songs to the OP (a few of us in irc went through 23 groups.) had to temporarily get rid of the twitter section because i've hit the 250 image limit in all 3 posts. will have to eventually make a youtube playlist that contains the videos. we will also be running a poll to see if things need to be added, removed, changed, etc. what do you guys think?

catmincer

added 24 "essential" kpop songs to the OP (a few of us in irc went through 23 groups.) had to temporarily get rid of the twitter section because i've hit the 250 image limit in all 3 posts. will have to eventually make a youtube playlist that contains the videos. we will also be running a poll to see if things need to be added, removed, changed, etc. what do you guys think?

Can you post a text version of them? The network at work doesn't display photos -_- so I can't see it. :(

Alta1r

^ Hilarious

It's from EP 2 of a new drama called 이웃집 꽃미남 or "Flower Boy Next Door". Four episodes so far and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. This will be the second drama I will finish after Answer Me 1997.

My I Got A Boy album arrived today. The Gods must be on my side :)

Awesome, I'll check out that episode. And nice loot.

LOL

I like the verses, but the chorus kills it for me.

tumblr_mgoh6wLNIY1qdcel5o6_250.gif

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Can you post a text version of them? The network at work doesn't display photos -_- so I can't see it. :(
here:
2ne1 - i am the best
boa - Only one
big bang - fantastic baby
beg - abracadabra
snsd - genie
snsd - gee
kara - mister
fx - nu abo
wonder girls - nobody
tara - loly poly
rainbow - a
miss a - bad girl good girl
hyori - 10 minutes
hyuna - bubble pop
iu - good day
oc - shanghai romance
girl's day - nothing lasts forever
4minute - huh
younha - run
taeyang - i need a girl
after school - shampoo
2pm - again and again
beast - fiction
tvxq - keep your head down

i'll link them later tonight and also make a playlist.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Sistar should be in there no?

Thanks!
Agree with all except

snsd - genie <-- Gee more imo.
fx - nu abo <-- La Cha Ta imo.
oc - shanghai romance <-- bangkok city is more colourful and cute.

I look forward to the poll :D

Also yeah, Sistar and Secret should both be there.

Meh, Rain isn't even on there and you guys want to add no name groups.

I like Sistar and Secret
which is why the poll needs to be done. this is just based off irc chat. we'll have a complete list once that is finished.

Ashhong

Wedding Dress is iconic really, immediately recognizable. In my experience, it was the first breakout Kpop song in America. All of my friends were listening to that back then, and they hate kpop. Such a great song.

I don't think Fantastic Baby is a good choice for Big Bang. It would sound weird to a newcomer.

Agreed. Fantastic Baby is good but it's not the quintessential Big Bang song. If you're going recent stuff I'd argue that Bad Boy or Blue is more of the classic BB. Other than that, I think I'd go with Lies.

Also, it should be Wedding Dress over I Need A Girl for Taeyang.

Oohh. This I dunno. In terms of popularity Wedding Dress definitely skyrocketed Taeyang(and BB) to stardom. But off the top of my head... I might actually say Look Only At Me would be the better choice for the quintessential Taeyang song. But then there's also I Need A Girl... gah. Somebody else pick lol.

And on this note, where the hell is Solar 2?? I'm not gonna lie, I'd rather have Solar 2 out sooner than whatever GD&TOP are doing.

And on this note, where the hell is Solar 2?? I'm not gonna lie, I'd rather have Solar 2 out sooner than whatever GD&TOP are doing.

We know he's been working on SOLAR2 for a while. I guess YG is waiting for a good time period to release it. Big Bang's 2012 world tour screwed some things up in terms of timing.

Ashhong

Agreed. Fantastic Baby is good but it's not the quintessential Big Bang song. If you're going recent stuff I'd argue that Bad Boy or Blue is more of the classic BB. Other than that, I think I'd go with Lies.

Oohh. This I dunno. In terms of popularity Wedding Dress definitely skyrocketed Taeyang(and BB) to stardom. But off the top of my head... I might actually say Look Only At Me would be the better choice for the quintessential Taeyang song. But then there's also I Need A Girl... gah. Somebody else pick lol.

All BB members are doing solo activities starting at the end of the month after their concerts. Solar2 should be coming soon. Definitely my most hyped kpop album of the year.

Biscuits

miu7s.jpg

suzy is an artist <3
Is that supposed to be afro-Gary? lol

My I Got A Boy album arrived today. The Gods must be on my side :)
Wow lucky!!!

Definitely Lies. Also, it should be Wedding Dress over I Need A Girl for Taeyang.
Agreed with both of these statements.

Agree 100% on Wedding Dress
Basically Where U At and Wedding Dress are what got me into Kpop, as I've said a million times before, so at least one of them has to be on the list. STILL amazes me how well Teddy incorporated Wagner's Bridal Chorus into the dance break.

Selane

Wheres the GET IT GET IT GET IT

au8ts.gif

Also, for that list, imo Keep Your Head down sucks, Catch Me and Humanoids are both much better.

Also Shanghai Romance is my least favorite OC song. Why not just use Lipstick?

Oh yeah, Nothing Lasts Forever is a great song but it's not exactly the first video of theirs someone should be watching. It's pretty much the exact opposite of their usual concept.

NU ABO is fine imo, and glad you picked Huh, that's a really good song.

Hellix

When I think of KARA's Mister, I remember the choreography more than the song itself. I thought Lupin or Step would have been on the list instead.

Ashhong

No way, Mister is Kara's iconic song. Honey is probably second. Step is way down the list.

I request that Girls Day be taken out completely, and Epik High - One be put in. Or something else. I'm sure there are way more deserving groups than Girls Day, no matter how much you guys try to stan them. They are B or lower tier.

We know he's been working on SOLAR2 for a while. I guess YG is waiting for a good time period to release it. Big Bang's 2012 world tour screwed some things up in terms of timing.

Any time is a good time to release it lol.

All BB members are doing solo activities starting at the end of the month after their concerts. Solar2 should be coming soon. Definitely my most hyped kpop album of the year.

Awesome. Hopefully we'll get it before the summer. This wait is killing me.

Neoism(and for every Taeyeon stan out there): Taeyeon teaching Gee. Posting since this is the first time I've ever seen this and it's awesome so far.

Selane

No way, Mister is Kara's iconic song. Honey is probably second. Step is way down the list.

I request that Girls Day be taken out completely, and Epik High - One be put in. Or something else. I'm sure there are way more deserving groups than Girls Day, no matter how much you guys try to stan them. They are B or lower tier.

Yeah but Epik High is pretty much over musically since they got YG-ified.

Ashhong

Shanghai Romance is also my least favorite OC single. I think I only bothered listening to it like twice.

Yeah but Epik High is pretty much over musically since they got YG-ified.

You shut your whore mouth! Tablo's solo album was on YG and was magnificent. They have stated that 99 was a concept album, so hopefully their sound comes back for the next. But yea, that's why I said or something else.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
i suggested Mirotic as tvxq's song but was shot down.

shanghai is oc's best single. but aing is my fav kpop song.

girl's day deserves to be up there. we'll decide if its nothing lasts forever or twinkle twinkle.

Biscuits

Posting since this is the first time I've ever seen this and it's awesome so far.
Awesome.

My first KARA song was Wanna, so that would be my pick, but yeah all of this discussion is useless cuz the poll is coming anyways.

Edit: nvm:
i suggested Mirotic as tvxq's song but was shot down.

shanghai is oc's best single. but aing is my fav kpop song.

girl's day deserves to be up there. we'll decide if its nothing lasts forever or twinkle twinkle.
While I like KYHD more than Mirotic, I wouldn't call the former a representative song for DBSK when it only includes 2 of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom