• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

UMMM Hyoyeon probably had the highest profile out of any of them in 2012. She is the face of international beauty and talent; running around posing like a moron with the likes of Hyomin is beneath her.

Fitting that you'd post a picture of MC Hwanker looking up with her tongue out.

got to say she was a BOSS on all the shows recently... fucking beautiful women...she's like in my top 5 now..

Kuno

Daily lurker in this thread. So excited that 2NE1 just got a feature on Complex -

www.complex.com/style/2013/01/k-pop...scott-givenchy-and-balmain-for-complex/page/1

I wish they'd let Minzy grow out her hair. And I don't care what anyone says, CL & Dara are god tier.

Welcome!

Thanks for posting that interview, it touched on some interesting stuff.

complex said:
In comparison to other K-pop idol groups, did you ever feel like you girls are at the forefront of trends?

CL: What? We feeling that way about ourselves?

Yeah, like, “Oh, why are they biting our style?” Ever felt that way?

Bom: Yes. This is just my personal opinion. Let’s see. Don’t quote me. When we first debuted, you saw us wearing swimsuits. I feel like a lot of our styles are imitated.

Well they ain't wrong. I think they're probably the most copied group out there.

giri

Eh it'll fix it self shortly.

last post on the server indicated that it would be down for maint shortly. A lot of gaf channels are on that network so i assume someone is on it. Otherwise...

If its still down when i get back from work and doesn't look like coming back, we'll probably move to quakenet. Quite a few Other regulars have indicated that's where they are currently and quakenet has been around for ages.

And i also don't like being on the same network as 4chan is. No offence to anyone, but 4chan attracts a lot of the ... wrong type of people.

Pendulum

Eunjung and Amber are the new hosts of "Show! Champion".

tumblr_mhdvpxne7K1qhbs9xo1_1280.jpg

Pendulum

Apparently (going by a fan's translation of the Japanese HMV website), there will be 3 different Banisuta MVs, one for each T-ara sub-unit. I'd also assume there's a 4th that is the main one, focusing on the group as a whole? The CCM whip never stops.

giri

Could someone explain to me this Lee Joon/Oh Yeon Seo WGM drama, and why netizens are mad at her? Seems really silly.

She's dating IRL, i believe. So it's relatively hard to believe in them faking being married.

Something silly like that anyway.

Pendulum

Could someone explain to me this Lee Joon/Oh Yeon Seo WGM drama, and why netizens are mad at her? Seems really silly.

Some netizens like to believe that actual relationships will blossom out of WGM (people still go on about Khuntoria). So when a video of Oh Yeon Seo apparently going on a date with her co-star Lee Jang Woo (who, by the way, was Eunjung's partner during their WGM tenure) surfaced, they got angry.

It's basically down to some netizens believing in the make-believe.

luso

Apparently (going by a fan's translation of the Japanese HMV website), there will be 3 different Banisuta MVs, one for each T-ara sub-unit. I'd also assume there's a 4th that is the main one, focusing on the group as a whole? The CCM whip never stops.

What a mess.

Some netizens like to believe that actual relationships will blossom out of WGM (people still go on about Khuntoria). So when a video of Oh Yeon Seo apparently going on a date with her co-star Lee Jang Woo (who, by the way, was Eunjung's partner during their WGM tenure) surfaced, they got angry.

It's basically down to some netizens believing in the make-believe.

Is not only that. Netizens are dumb but for the reasonable ones the problem is not the show itself based on a fake marriage/dating but to watch the game of a guy/girl flirting with each other (even if is fake) while knowing there's a real relationship on the real world. Is cringe worth and is like watching, in this case, a guy hopeless trying hitting the girl when an observer (us) knows she doesn't cares at all and she has another guy, all of this while she fakes even more. The show premise is compromised.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Happy birthday, Bora. Hopefully your head/neck isn't fucked up or anything. You seem to have a lot of friends in the biz so you'll be well supported.

i6p6Vgk4IaMGS.gif

qt sexy

Dice

She was barefoot there. I still have my suspicions of them giving her shoes that don't fit right.

Pendulum

Prepare for panty explosions.

2PM’s Taecyeon will be joining ‘We Got Married’ after Lee Joon and Oh Yeon Seo leave the show.

2PM‘s Taecyeon will be joining MBC‘s ‘We Got Married‘.

According to the broadcast station, Taecyeon has been confirmed as a new member of ‘We Got Married’ after Oh Yeon Seo and Lee Joon leave the show.

Lee Joon’s label had said, “Considering that Lee Joon’s fan cafe post unintentionally caused harm to the ‘We Got Married’ producers and his busy schedule was adjusted, it’s true that an amicable finish [to the show] was recently requested.“. Oh Yeon Seo’s label had also admitted, “It’s true that we’re currently negotiating [Oh Yeon Seo's leave from the show]“.

Currently, there are no reports on who Taecyeon will be paired with.

--------

"Ow" at that head bounce.

Dice

Taec does love the ladies but after The Romantic & Idol I have become a fan of Jun.K.

Fuck yeah, Taec is fucking awesome. Gonna have to tune into wgm again.

This. I haven't watched much variety of any sort in a while, but I remember Taecyeon being pretty damn entertaining. It's way more entertaining when I know who the two people involved are, though, so depending on who the other person in the couple is, I might actually have to watch this!

Dice

This. I haven't watched much variety of any sort in a while, but I remember Taecyeon being pretty damn entertaining. It's way more entertaining when I know who the two people involved are, though, so depending on who the other person in the couple is, I might actually have to watch this!
suzy

ibg7M3wRR9uyJE.gif

giri

FYI, the IRC servers are back up.

If you use studio64.yi.org instead of irc.gccafe.com to connect, you should be able to conenct just fine.

Timurid

Soshi will most likely flop in the US.

I dont understand the need to "conquer" the US.. what does it mean anyway? Is it to get airplay on radio stations? Is it to get the general public to recognize you? (Fat chance to both)

I bet if soshi did a proper US tour (la, ny, chicago, mia, sanfran, etc) they would fill venues regardless if the have english songs or not. Of course, starting to release new songs in english in not a bad thing at all, but to concentrate efforts on making it big in the us seems a bit farfetched tbh...

Staying niche is not a bad thing.

Chicago and Miami :lol :lol :lol

I just gave up hope for Chicago. No K pop idol is going to perform in this town and forget about Miami while you are at it.

Toronto has a better chance of getting a K pop idol for fuck sake!!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS WORLD?!?!?!?!?

I just gave up hope for Chicago. No K pop idol is going to perform in this town and forget about Miami while you are at it.

I bet Big Bang will be there in 2014 or so.

Draxal

What's Chitown's korean expat population? Cali has all the Koreans there, and New York has a decent population in Flushing and lower Bergen county in NJ is basically New Seoul.

Is it to get airplay on radio stations? Is it to get the general public to recognize you? (Fat chance to both)

Yes. Getting in the Top 40 radio stations means that there's enough demand from the audience to bring the artist, their label is actively promoting them inside the industry and once you're there it means that you've somehow made it. The next challenge is getting over the "sophomore slump" otherwise, you'd be a one hit wonder.

And add Dallas to that list of cities. There's a really big Korean population here, not to mention the hundreds of transfer students that go to the various universities around here. Plus, they can use the Death Star(Cowboys Stadium) or the American Airlines Center(where the Mavs and Stars play) if there's enough demand but there's also a lot of smaller venues that can accommodate them.

Taecyeon should be paired up with someone in SNSD. Like Jessica. Then they should go for tea.

Somebody has the right idea lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom