• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesskid1

Banned
6a733120gw1e19s1rk85hg.gif

UMMM Hyoyeon probably had the highest profile out of any of them in 2012.

If she was, then she should've been in a legit Soshi sub unit, SM only shoehorned her in that Hyundai commercial because she dances like a man. Besides, her best moment in 2012 was when she intentionally flashed her underwear on national TV with Dancing with the Stars.

Meanwhile this "MC Hwanker" as you call it is practically on TV every weekend as the lead hosts over the ever popular Taeng and the best maknae Seobby.

...running around posing like a moron with the likes of Hyomin is beneath her.

But I will give you this though. Hyogre is fortunately above all that bullying so I give her props for that.

Phono your descriptions of Hyoyeon are fncking hilarious(not in a bad way, but legit funny). I think it's why we rag on Hyoyeon in the thread. Keep em coming haha.

Yes, Taeyang I'll especially love you more when Solar 2 finally comes out.

giri

UMMM Hyoyeon probably had the highest profile out of any of them in 2012. She is the face of international beauty and talent; running around posing like a moron with the likes of Hyomin is beneath her.

Fitting that you'd post a picture of MC Hwanker looking up with her tongue out.
Huh?

Yuri had her own drama

Yoon had 2 dramas i think

then there was TTS and the fact that TTS took over hosting Mu Core.

Hyoyeon wasn't as invisible as Jessica or Sooyong, she was in IY2 and DWTS. But those are relatively minor (especially with the ratings for IY2) compared the others.

giri

You get storm-ed much, giri ?

Yeah, i live nearish the river, on a hill on the top floor of an apartment block. Wind was NUTS where i was. And the un-ending rain. But never lost power *touch wood* through the whole thing. So got away relatively unscathed.

I didn't leave my apartment after lunch on Saturday until late Monday afternoon though, just played it safe and staid inside.

How'd you hold up?

If she was, then she should've been in a legit Soshi sub unit,

UMM, there are only so many CEOs at SM with cocks to suck and MC Hwanker seems to have inhaled the lion's share.

SM only shoehorned her in that Hyundai commercial because she dances like a man.

UMM, she was INVITED to be the FACE of Hyundai because of her majestic dancing abilities. She was way better than the other girls in the video.

Besides, her best moment in 2012 was when she intentionally flashed her underwear on national TV with Dancing with the Stars.

Her best moment was being her beautiful, gracious self. She outshone the reductives on Dangerous boys, was caught up in an anti-BeautifulHyo conspiracy on Dancing with the Stars, was a beacon of glamour and femininity in IY2, the only member of SNSD with new hair that didn't look like a cunt, ETC ETC ETC

God punishing Qld for dissing Hyoyeon, I see.

luso

K-Pop Paralympics sounds better.

True..

The latest rendition of MBC’s ‘Idol Star Athletics Championship‘ filmed for a record of 22 hours yesterday (28th), drawing complaints from staff members and entertainment representatives.

Soshi filmed for that long the MBC Special, you didn't heard (open) complains. But that's why they got a B and C list idols.
But that's too much anyway!

Also Soshi will be a guest on Shinhwa Broadcast!

For the Idol Olympics refusing the defeated idols to leave - isn't it obvious? If they were allowed to leave you will have companies keeping idols for filming for a couple of hours, then telling them to lose so they can go and prepare for other schedules. Kinda defeats the purpose of the event.

Also lol at "our idols have 5 schedules the following day" - maybe stop working them like animals?

No No Eul

MBC’s ‘Idol Star Athletics Championship’ films for 22 hours, draws complaints

The filming started at 7:00 AM, which required the participating competitors to wake up at 4:00 AM to begin makeup and hair conditioning. Despite the fun atmosphere that occurred once the filming began, the recording time soon sped past the stated finishing time of 2:00 AM the next morning, and final filming only wrapped up at 5:00 AM – which meant that the idols had been on set for nearly a full day.

When I saw that headline, I thought perhaps it was the fans who were criticising MBC's treatment of their faves for forcing them to endure a 22 hour film shoot but no:

A representative for an entertainment company bemoaned this bloated filming session: “Our idols had five schedules the day after the Championship recording,” he complained. “I don’t know if they’ll be able to finish them being so tired.”

lol Of course! Obviously it wouldn't be the fans complaining. It's the companies, whose only concern is that the next day's equally hectic schedule might be derailed. I really should have known better.

For a moment, I imagined it might be CCM specifically who had complained but then I remembered that nowadays, T-ara couldn't possibly have five schedules in a week, let alone a single day. ;)

ioQF4XlvBwqN8.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I wonder what the idols think of that. It's probably nice to socialize with friends from other groups you don't see very often, but sitting on the ground for most of the day must suuuuck.

Dice

Moderator Jasper Donat from the Music Matters industry conference, which organised the panel, kicked things off. “Asia is certainly hot right now,” he said, pointing to Japan, Australia, Indonesia and other markets alongside South Korea. “Asia was already happening when a big fat Korean got on his imaginary horse in the summer,” he said.

“In the last 18 months, K-Pop has exploded around the world. Forget PSY. PSY is not K-Pop, and PSY is not Asia. We’re talking about K-Pop today, not just PSY.”
Damn, somebody has been asked about Psy a few too many times.

Noh talked about the evolution of K-Pop, with production values increasing notably over the last 15 years, yet he also suggested that K-Pop acts “still have charm” as an attribute.
The relatable/down-to-earth/familiar celebrity aspect greatly underplayed from massive ignorance as expected.

luso

Interesting story. But I think SNSD in USA will not be a hit, far from hit, and probably only the asian community will care about it. Will be enough?

Also the K-pop grow may be stalling. In Japan is not so big anymore, and that's the second music market in the world. A SNSD mild results / fail in USA will sadly confirm this.

I would expect 2013 the k-pop bubble would burst, Psy may have delayed that for one year.

Peru

There are no arguments to be made connecting k-pop's status in Japan and the rest of the world. Totally different ballparks. For one thing PSY did not make any impact there. Also, k-pop groups were riding on hallyu novelty value in Japan and everyone and their mom got a top 10 hit. It's logical that this enthusiasm has cooled down and now only a select few do big numbers.

I don't think SNSD will be ones to follow PSY's success though. YG may have waited too long with 2NE1 as well.

Good evening KPopGAF.

I come because I have a question, please answer me if you can.

I heard a song in a Korean restaurant and can't get it out of my head but I don't know what is the title and who sings. Obviously the singers were girls.

The chorus was something like:
na na na na na mister
na na na na na mister
na na na na na misteeeeeeeer

Thank you for your help.

vanty

Ailee probably has a far better chance in the west than any kpop group now. She already has the talent x1000, the hotness, and the no-language-barrier situation. Just needs good original English songs.

Interesting story. But I think SNSD in USA will not be a hit, far from hit, and probably only the asian community will care about it. Will be enough?

SNSD will flop. For one, One Direction is probably the only successful Western boyband with a lot of members, we have moved past that, people want to focus on a single artist.

Second, in the West you tour, not CFs, variety shows, etc. SM Ent. would have to give SNSD at least 3-6 months of touring the US to have a shot. Won't happen, they have a lot to do in Korea.

Dice

Ailee probably has a far better chance in the west than any kpop group now. She already has the talent x1000, the hotness, and the no-language-barrier situation. Just needs good original English songs.
Needs to stop oversinging, though. She doesn't always do it, but when she does it comes off so sloppy.

Second, in the West you tour, not CFs, variety shows, etc. SM Ent. would have to give SNSD at least 3-6 months of touring the US to have a shot. Won't happen, they have a lot to do in Korea.
Yes, send SNSD to the same fate as the Wonder Girls, lol.

Peru

Well they stayed away from Korea for 2012 so they could do it agani.

Yeah talent is debatable, but Heaven would be a guaranteed Billboard smash a few years ago and maybe still do well today.

No No Eul

Yeah, exactly. If Interscope really are as committed to this deal as everyone seems to suggest, I wouldn't be at all surprised if SNSD spent a large chunk of 2013 in the US.

Let's face it, the ridiculous song that fat gimp PSY put out has ruined any chance of anybody taking Kpop seriously for the next decade.

Unless Hyoyeon goes solo. She is the next MADONNA.

luso

Not really, they just had no activities as a group, "only" TTS. Japan activities were things done within a few days or less, and back to Korea they were to variety shows, MC, etc.

Peru

She also sang snippets of her self-composed songs that will be included in her upcoming album, joking, “I’m not allowed to sing these, but I’m mad today at LOEN“. However, after she sang the song, she said, “Oh no. This is bad. I sang for too long

Guess that's IU's modus operandi these days - act first, think later. Easier that way. Songs sound nice though, KR album shaping up nicely (unlike the February JP single produced by dance producers..??).

ryan-ts

No guests on RM130, but it was fantastic.
Monday Couple 4ever

No guests usually make for some of the best episodes so I'm pretty excited to watch 130. I saw the preview for 131, they got a MMA fighter on the show so I'm expecting the RM team to get wrecked.

tumblr_ln3jhqP8AE1qiexcro1_500_large.gif

Niks

Soshi will most likely flop in the US.

I dont understand the need to "conquer" the US.. what does it mean anyway? Is it to get airplay on radio stations? Is it to get the general public to recognize you? (Fat chance to both)

I bet if soshi did a proper US tour (la, ny, chicago, mia, sanfran, etc) they would fill venues regardless if the have english songs or not. Of course, starting to release new songs in english in not a bad thing at all, but to concentrate efforts on making it big in the us seems a bit farfetched tbh...

Staying niche is not a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom