• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

Not surprised that Lizzy hasn't come back to Running Man. She was good in her first few appearances as a guest, but when she became a regular she was getting so little screentime as to be almost invisible in the episodes. Plus the ratings weren't great at the time. Hardly surprising she didn't stick around.

I wouldn't mind seeing her as a guest every once in a while, but they've got a good thing going with the regular cast now that there's need to mess with it.

PianoGuy

Neo Member
Wow great OP, really informative and really great design! +1 for Taeyeon fan and Girls Generation.

Are there anyone on Neogaf who are also active at the soshified forums?

ryan-ts

Not surprised that Lizzy hasn't come back to Running Man. She was good in her first few appearances as a guest, but when she became a regular she was getting so little screentime as to be almost invisible in the episodes. Plus the ratings weren't great at the time. Hardly surprising she didn't stick around.

I wouldn't mind seeing her as a guest every once in a while, but they've got a good thing going with the regular cast now that there's need to mess with it.

Yeah, many people including myself have pointed out that Lizzy pretty much disappears by the end of her run, it's pretty hard not to notice. I think she got booted off the show while she was away promoting with AS because they never actually mention her leaving, she just disappeared after her final episode. Anyway, it was probably the right choice given the success of RM afterwards.

As a fan of hers, I would obviously like to see her on the show again, I wouldn't really care if it was as a guest or a member. She stated pretty clearly in one of her interviews that she wants to be back on the show, so I don't think it was her choice to not be on RM. It kind of sucks that she hasn't even appeared as guest even though she's expressed interest. There are just too many unknowns to really get worked up about it though.

As for a new member messing up the chemistry of the show, I'm not sure what to think anymore. Originally I was against adding another member and then I was for it, right now I'm not sure it would make any difference. In most newer episodes there's just so much focus on the guests and going through the missions. The interactions between the members, which originally carried the show, have taken a back seat to guiding the guests and going through whatever games are being played that day (without much talking or competitiveness among the members), episodes like 130 aside.

Alta1r

Yeah I paid for a Soshified membership too. But they've been pretty backed up for a bit, so I've never actually watched anything on it yet, lol.

ryan-ts

I seem to remember them announcing that it was her final episode...

Nope, she just never shows up after 25, doesn't really matter though. Like I said, it was probably a good thing that she left the show.
I think the official statement was that she was just a long term guest but they kind of took official promo images with her and the other 8 members.

running_man_shinkishin.jpg

luso

I'm bored so for whoever cares and since I Got A Boy promotion is finishing:

SNSD Ranking

Try to focus on this year activities only or at least the recent months.
Top 3 is mandatory as well your GAF nick (anonymity guaranteed!).
Sorry for the many rules, lol.

12h or so to end, voting has stalled.

Lizzy was fun at the beginning but I don't recall much when she left the show.
Maybe because I skipped some episodes.
I stopped at 105, it was fun, but how is 106? Seems to be boring from the preview, I think I'll skip it for the next ones.

I also donated for Soshified but back in 2009. I wanted to watch all Taeyeon WGM episodes back then.

arkon

As for a new member messing up the chemistry of the show, I'm not sure what to think anymore. Originally I was against adding another member and then I was for it, right now I'm not sure it would make any difference. In most newer episodes there's just so much focus on the guests and going through the missions. The interactions between the members, which originally carried the show, have taken a back seat to guiding the guests and going through whatever games are being played that day (without much talking or competitiveness among the members), episodes like 130 aside.

It doesn't seem to work for me, especially in this type of "outdoor" variety show. Family Outing for example, wasn't quite the same for me when ChunHee and YeJin left.

I suppose it depends on who they bring as a new member. It worked for 1N2D in the early days when they got SeungGi and Mong in as replacements, but I'd say the show hadn't really established itself at that point.

ryan-ts

It doesn't seem to work for me, especially in this type of "outdoor" variety show. Family Outing for example, wasn't quite the same for me when ChunHee and YeJin left.

I suppose it depends on who they bring as a new member. It worked for 1N2D in the early days when they got SeungGi and Mong in as replacements, but I'd say the show hadn't really established itself at that point.

I think I'm just going to enjoy the show and worry about changing members when the time comes. I know a lot of variety shows die when the cast changes but I hope Running Man can avoid the same fate.

It's probably pretty hard to be interested in performing such a terrible song.

Agreed, lets listen to Abracadabra instead.

arkon

I think I'm just going to enjoy the show and worry about changing members when the time comes. I know a lot of variety shows die when the cast changes but I hope Running Man can avoid the same fate.

Yeah. This is pretty much my attitude towards it now. I'm just going to enjoy the show while it's airing. Who knows how long it'll last? It's not something I want to spend too much time mulling over.

Narolf

Banned
Are there anyone on Neogaf who are also active at the soshified forums?
Registered there a bit more than a year ago to track down a Yuri gif for Salazar, but that is it. Been warmly welcomed by friend-requests and invitations to join FrenchSoshified.

roaSone

We need more of these "Making of" stuff, it's so good. We can really feel the sibling love btw Boa & Taemin, they seemed to have enjoy filming this mv.

Narolf

Banned
Gotta thanks giri for making me discover Spica the other day in the last K-Pop thread in the OT. Got my hands on the whole album after he had redirected BEG stans to Painkiller. It does seem as though they are rookies BEGs, indeed. No more is my favorite track of the album.

luso

Taeng really shouldn't have ruined her lips, looks so weird.

What!?

Yuri has written more songs for the IGAB album. Sunny's hair is just awful and Taeyeon and Tiffany bro fist and hand slapping was awesome during the promoting.
A-yo GG!

I'm sorry yuri
Why you voted Yuri in 9th... ?

Sad to see Sunny like this...
She will raise from the bad hair styling one day. Keep faith.

Not seeing a chance of Sunny escaping last place. And no, shaving her face won't do.
Don't underestimate Soonkyu power.

"Taeyeon, you are back to the goddess radiance of Genie days.
Sica, you better watch out, Yoona has the edge this time.
Seohyun, you aren't my type, but you done good lately.
Fany... stop talking.
Sorry Sunny, but your hair fucking sucks now and yes that does matter."
Are you sure I can't make Hyoyeon not count as a member?
Hyo deserves at least 9th place, let's see.

SNSD needs to go back on Running Man
Agreed!

Last time, Yuri and Sunny were extremely close from what I can remember. I seriously considered putting Sunny at the bottom just to sabotage her, but as stupid as her hair looks these days, I'd still take her over the queen of the undead, Sooyoung.
I think they aren't as close as before...

I think it makes more sense to have 1st place as 9 points, then count down.
No.

loved IGOA listened over 1000 times this month... but as same as the girls I'm sick of it and they all looked it too..lol. Really looking forward to their japan promotions.....hope they get a long break as will...
They are tired. And Japan Tour is just ahead. Maybe they have vacations afterwards...

Poll was long overdue. Thanks!
I guess, lol-

Now I'm hungry.

9angels 5ever!!!!!!
Oh yeah! Sones!

Taengooooo, undisputed queen of K-POP GAF
She's The Goddess, not a mere mortal queen.

Taeyeon's the queen, Tiffany's hot, Sooyoung's funny.

Soonkyu is best!
There's still hope for Soonkyu stans.

Previous survey, back in August:
1. Taeyeon 188
2. Jessica 324
3. Sunny 362
3. Yuri 362
5. Yoona 364
6. Tiffany 369
7. Sooyoung 392
8. Seohyun 415
9. Hyoyeon 532

I'm changing a little the rules. After the adjustments (resolving some ties as desired) I will not rank the not voted members if they weren't at all.
Fortunately only few people didn't voted for all places. But to avoid ranking skewing I add a weight related to total valid entries (57) and number of entries for a place. A place with less votes because of blank voting has a little more weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom