• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

ibtj3Of0ioFB9o.gif

Hot damn, she just keeps getting better and better..

Don't have the bests PS skills but I tried...

ibf8DAE01y7tti.gif

Lol. Nice one, luso.

Not seeing a chance of Sunny escaping last place. And no, shaving her face won't do.
Fany... stop talking.
the queen of the undead, Sooyoung

tumblr_ljsqktt4dG1qcnahpo1_250.gif
tumblr_ljsqktt4dG1qcnahpo1_250.gif

Post all the comments with the results if it's not too much of a hassle. These are hilarious.

tumblr_mhl86yYnBX1qkcbuto1_500.gif

What. I didn't know we were supposed to leave some comments about the survey lol.

Running Man is in Hong Kong now, but it seems Kookie is out because of an injury :(

He was spotted at the later stages of filming though. He supposedly came in late and joined the animal team a couple of hours before they're headed for Vietnam.

Don't have the bests PS skills but I tried...

ibf8DAE01y7tti.gif

Aww yiss. OC needs to put that at the top of the OP for the new people. Same thing with the Dok(rip)/Sohee gif lol.

The girl holding the "i" sign. What the hell is going on with her eyes?

Thanks for pointing it out... good lord that's creepy as hell. I might be having nightmares tonight. @____@

No No Eul

Bad editing, or bad quality? I can see colour smudges/blurs around their heads.

Yeah, I was thinking bad image quality, almost as if someone's taken a really low res version, scaled it up, blurred it and then added a lot of extra jpeg artifacting for laughs.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Looks more like somebody downsized (not downscaled) the image and then possibly tried to manually correct with a blur brush rather than filter.

luso

I've done calculations with adjustment but it doesn't changes final ranking.
I also calculated the weighted mean - considering position weight - and the only change are Sunny and Sooyoung positions.

Taeyeon totally unreachable, as goddesses are.
Yuri, Tiffany and Jessica basically sharing the following positions, all very close.
Yoona and Seohyun mid-tier.
Bottom three as expected, following the GAF k-pop trend.
Sunny, fighting!

I posted all comments on the previous page.
Thanks to all for voting :)

Code:
Rank by points (57 votes)

Weight.	Non-weight.
[B]1.Taeyeon	104,76	105
2.Yuri		208,83	203
3.Tiffany	222,90	211
4.Jessica	225,69	214[/B]
5.Yoona		264,05	246
6.Seohyun	326,88	298
7.Sooyoung	382,70	343
8.Sunny		393,98	355
9.Hyoyeon	435,21	390

August 2012 ranking (81 votes)
1. Taeyeon 188
2. Jessica 324
3. Sunny 362
3. Yuri 362
5. Yoona 364
6. Tiffany 369
7. Sooyoung 392
8. Seohyun 415
9. Hyoyeon 532

Code:
Rank by position (57 votes):

Weighted Mean (by position)
[B]1.Taeyeon	1,871
2.Yuri		3,867
3.Tiffany	4,053
4.Jessica	4,103[/B]
5.Yoona		4,890
6.Seohyun	5,943
7.Sunny		7,163
8.Sooyoung	7,504
9.Hyoyeon	8,369

iDdHtL7K8twyi.gif

Upset to see Sunny so low, but it's completely understandable with her Ronald McDonald transformation. Very satisfied with the top 4. Good job, luso.

Dice

Things run by teenagers are unstable.

It is too bad, though. A Pink fans don't seem very good at united efforts. They don't fight with each other like T-ara fans, but they are almost as split up. For a 7 member group it's better to collab on a site like visualglow.

Dice

Here is what you do:

1) Make 1MB gifs all the time. This is key to tumblr success!
2) Follow all the A Pink and tistory sites and post her pics that come up.
3) Even post the low res unflattering pics from news sites where she looks half dead at the airport because your love blinds you to the fact it looks bad and might actually be kind of mean to her to spread around.
4) Always tag everything with her name and details of the event/show.

Ashhong

Is it just my bias or does Soshi seem to have the most fun out of any other group? I guess I don't go searching for it, but I don't see it from other groups.

Also, it's all about Naeun. I think that's her name lol.

giri

Is it just my bias or does Soshi seem to have the most fun out of any other group? I guess I don't go searching for it, but I don't see it from other groups.

Also, it's all about Naeun. I think that's her name lol.

quite a few others do too. Kara seem to get a long really well together for the most. A-pink do too. i think Afterschool get a long really well together too.

There are just some that don't seem to get a long AS well. But thats to be expected.

Ashhong

quite a few others do too. Kara seem to get a long really well together for the most. A-pink do too. i think Afterschool get a long really well together too.

There are just some that don't seem to get a long AS well. But thats to be expected.

Yea I figured, I guess it just seems that way since I don't go out of my way to watch videos of other groups.

Peru

If you're really popular and you've been on TV one million times you're relaxed and able to goof around as you wish, which is what SNSD do. A lot of rookie groups are so stiff and robotic in their interaction with hosts etc, only media training and set phrases in their head.

Ashhong

But even going back to their debut or at least Gee days, I see a big difference with similar groups today.

And are there any shows that are as good as the old SNSD variety days? Something on the level of their Intimate Note or even their Haha Mong Show, which was hilarious? Would like to watch other girl groups if they are as entertaining.

I return to K-PopGAF having not read a single post in OT4, and the first thing I see is a Turtles .gif. What the hell

That would be alta1r. It's in every post of his lol

Alta1r

I return to K-PopGAF having not read a single post in OT4, and the first thing I see is a Turtles .gif. What the hell

infh1BsddahYY.gif

But even going back to their debut or at least Gee days, I see a big difference with similar groups today.

Part of it is also the state of kpop in general. Back when Soshi debuted they were competing with Kara(?), Wonder Girls and maybe one or two more rookie groups, if that, max. So even on variety, there wasn't as much pressure. And then of course, like mentioned, now they're on top of the kpop world and know that they can do no wrong (unless they pull a Minami Minegishi) so they're loose and free. Nowadays each new group is competing with like 15 other groups to get screen time so there's so much more pressure to be proper and impress.

tumblr_mhkgtpy49d1s0unmdo1_500.gif

Ashhong

True, but then they all get it wrong because what impressed me the most is their ability to act natural and fun, which is what I want to see out of today's groups :(

llehuty

And are there any shows that are as good as the old SNSD variety days? Something on the level of their Intimate Note or even their Haha Mong Show, which was hilarious? Would like to watch other girl groups if they are as entertaining.

Weekly Idol is quite good. I don't know why, but guests look so relaxed. Random dance tends to be hilarious.

And BTW, awesome job with the poll, luso.

giri

True, but then they all get it wrong because what impressed me the most is their ability to act natural and fun, which is what I want to see out of today's groups :(

No, there aren't really any shows like that.

A-Pink News has its moments, and the girls are obviously close. But the loose format of the show tends to mean its directionless most of the time. As the girls are the ones who set the direction, and they can be wishy washy at times.

4-Minute Travel Maker is awesome, you can tell they get along well together, but i think they're under a bit of pressure to make sure it works well. Which is why the show is at its best when they have guests, because they tend to relax more around others.

Part of the problem also is that it seems idol based variety shows aren't really rating all that well in Korea. With IY2 being very mediocre rating wise at best, and a few others, it seems like they're sort of stuck for ideas on where to go and what to do.

Where most fans can give simple suggestions that shows like Kara's bakery or hello baby are really the sweet spot. There is an objective, but it's very loosely defined and lets them go about it in their own way. But thats mainly my feeling on the topic.

Thats also where i think IY2 failed, they didn't really have a direction with the show, you didn't know what they hell they were doing or why they were doing it. There was no overall goal apart from "be funny and get screen time".

luso

I followed Kara in variety during some time in 2009, they appeared to get along well.
I agree with Alt. In the middle of so many groups, even if they may have more shows to appear on, few have a chance to get noticed. I remember Rainbow in Bouquet and all they did was funny/cute faces as 12y old does, lol.
And k-pop become self-aware/lost innocence during 2009-10, some shows after it were not so care-free or naive, they have to look how themselves are also perceived overseas.

Also I wonder how many years new group members have as trainees. Soshi average is probably 4-5 years, they had plenty of time to know each other or at least some relevant interactions between them. Some of them know each other for a decade or more, almost half-time of their lives.

It's over y'all!

Destiny's Child is back!!

Also, lol at that thread in off topic. I see giri has taken the plunge, anybody else gonna bite?

giri

It's over y'all!

Destiny's Child is back!!

Also, lol at that thread in off topic. I see giri has taken the plunge, anybody else gonna bite?

I'm not getting into a dumb debate where a lot of people will post dumb stuff.

I still wouldn't list 24/7 as a song to introduce people to kpop, with.

vanty

f(x)'s show Koala was pretty natural. Sulli especially just does whatever the fuck she wants without any thought of being an idol.

Hellix

I'm not getting into a dumb debate where a lot of people will post dumb stuff.

I still wouldn't list 24/7 as a song to introduce people to kpop, with.

Someone (the OP of that thread) should've referred to the handy dandy list in the OP.

Kabuto

Soshi going to Japan!
2013020410563753_1_rstarjun.jpg

purple highlights! She still looks boss.

Code:
Rank by points (57 votes)

Weight.	Non-weight.
[B]1.Taeyeon	104,76	105
2.Yuri		208,83	203
3.Tiffany	222,90	211
4.Jessica	225,69	214[/B]
5.Yoona		264,05	246
6.Seohyun	326,88	298
7.Sooyoung	382,70	343
8.Sunny		393,98	355
9.Hyoyeon	435,21	390