• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting into a dumb debate where a lot of people will post dumb stuff.

Word.

I don't understand the hate really. Why do people give two shits if somebody else like their other styles of music? Does it make them feel superior and us inferior pieces of shit? I've said a lot about this subject before and I just don't get it. I'm supposed to be predisposed to hate pop music with my classical and jazz upbringing yet here I am in this thread arguing about "trivial pop music" and having a fun ass time listening to this music and getting into arguments on which one is better.
IGaB for lyfe yall!!

Fact is, we're all having fun here and that's pretty much what should matter.

I think this is why I never stray out of K-Pop GAF... y'all are actually fun to hang out with on the internet. Fcnk this hivemind closed minded bullshit the rest of the internet has.

Lol. Damnit, that thread isn't nearly as entertaining as previous threads.
I'm waiting for the trolls to arrive.. lol

Too bad Phono isn't here to drop his/her knowledge of the
false
goddess Hyo in that thread.

Taeyeon is #1 as expected but Sooyoung is so low :[

I saw it from a mile away tbh. Ever since she became Skeletor Soo, she went down the charts really quickly. But at least Skeletor Soo isn't as bad as naturalbeautyHyo or bloody haired Sunkyu.

What I'm more surprised is how Fany is at #3. I guess we have a lot of closet Fany shippers in this thread. Y'all need to come out and show yourselves!

New page! Here's a disappointed Fany and facepalm Fany:
ibdxqSALg1Tp8F.gif

223.gif

Kabuto

I saw it from a mile away tbh. Ever since she became Skeletor Soo, she went down the charts really quickly. But at least Skeletor Soo isn't as bad as naturalbeautyHyo or bloody haired Sunkyu.

What I'm more surprised is how Fany is at #3. I guess we have a lot of closet Fany shippers in this thread. Y'all need to come out and show yourselves!

tumblr_me6lih3K0g1qaseuko1_500.jpg

tumblr_manu1zI7Nc1qaseuko1_500.jpg

tumblr_mhjrhdF3RZ1r2xx88o1_500.gif

Should I be the Sooyoung-stan for the thread? hahah

giri

Should I be the Sooyoung-stan for the thread? hahah

I don't think anyone has a problem with her as a personality. She's a little loud, but she also doesn't mind putting her self out there and getting clowned on / doesn't take stuff back firing personally.

But i could literally wrap my hand around her entire thigh, and i don't care what you body type is, thats not healthy.

Kuno

Darkkn

Sooyoung would be #1 if she had more meat on the bones. Taeyeon goes from #1 to average looking girl depending how much the stylist have worked on her. She probably benefits the most by having stylists on hand. Looks amaze in MV's etc. but more candid shots are not that great. Tiffany used to be #1 or #2, but nowadays something seems wrong with her, not sure what.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sooyoung would be #1 if she had more meat on the bones. Taeyeon goes from #1 to average looking girl depending how much the stylist have worked on her. She probably benefits the most by having stylists on hand. Looks amaze in MV's etc. but more candid shots are not that great.

RQOLHgw.gif

What crack you smokin? If she ever looks bad, it's only when stylists fuck it up like the raggedy hair with blond tips thing when they went to Japan. She is one of the few idols who still look good when they're all scrubby, swollen-faced and half-dead looking at the airport.

RubyFaith

Is it just my bias or does Soshi seem to have the most fun out of any other group? I guess I don't go searching for it, but I don't see it from other groups.

Also, it's all about Naeun. I think that's her name lol.

4minute aren't on a bunch of shows but when they were on Bouquet and whenever I see them on Weekly Idol they're actually really fun and natural. Jihyun is still the most shy out of them all. Gayoon and Sohyun used to be really quiet but they've gotten better at it. Hyuna is extremely good at being natural on tv, obviously.

I think Crayon Pop would be great for variety.

Kuno

RQOLHgw.gif

What crack you smokin? If she ever looks bad, it's only when stylists fuck it up like the raggedy hair with blond tips thing when they went to Japan. She is one of the few idols who still look good when they're all scrubby, swollen-faced and half-dead looking at the airport.

Eh, she still looks good...

I definitely love me some Fany...particularly Fany circa Genie times, or anywhere in that range. She was probably my #1, but then she kinda had a little strange phase there for a while...I gotta say, though, IGAB Fany is legit.

Tae stayed perfect throughout, though, so she stole #1.

iROXYUiVFCkWw.gif

See? Perfect.

neoism

Sooyoung would be #1 if she had more meat on the bones. Taeyeon goes from #1 to average looking girl depending how much the stylist have worked on her. She probably benefits the most by having stylists on hand. Looks amaze in MV's etc. but more candid shots are not that great. Tiffany used to be #1 or #2, but nowadays something seems wrong with her, not sure what.

iBB8Rt8TioRg4.gif

Tokyno

Neo Member
New here. Mad props to orangecaramel for the OT. Must have taken ages to put together. Has introduced me to a few new groups.

Ashhong

No, there aren't really any shows like that.

A-Pink News has its moments, and the girls are obviously close. But the loose format of the show tends to mean its directionless most of the time. As the girls are the ones who set the direction, and they can be wishy washy at times.

4-Minute Travel Maker is awesome, you can tell they get along well together, but i think they're under a bit of pressure to make sure it works well. Which is why the show is at its best when they have guests, because they tend to relax more around others.

Part of the problem also is that it seems idol based variety shows aren't really rating all that well in Korea. With IY2 being very mediocre rating wise at best, and a few others, it seems like they're sort of stuck for ideas on where to go and what to do.

Where most fans can give simple suggestions that shows like Kara's bakery or hello baby are really the sweet spot. There is an objective, but it's very loosely defined and lets them go about it in their own way. But thats mainly my feeling on the topic.

Thats also where i think IY2 failed, they didn't really have a direction with the show, you didn't know what they hell they were doing or why they were doing it. There was no overall goal apart from "be funny and get screen time".

4minute aren't on a bunch of shows but when they were on Bouquet and whenever I see them on Weekly Idol they're actually really fun and natural. Jihyun is still the most shy out of them all. Gayoon and Sohyun used to be really quiet but they've gotten better at it. Hyuna is extremely good at being natural on tv, obviously.

I think Crayon Pop would be great for variety.

Cool thanks I'll have to check out 4minute stuff. I've been using Running Man as my idol fix lately. Most of the guests are pretty awesome. I'm still pissed at how shitty Shin Se Kyung's second (technically third episode) was. She was like a damn mute.

No No Eul

questionmark rejoice!
Chocolat set to make a February comeback + releases Tia’s photo teaser

ibzuZ29J0OwOJk.png

The lovely ladies of Chocolat will make a comeback in less than two weeks!

The group is expected to return to the K-pop scene as a quintet with digital single “Boogie Down” on February 14th. According to their Official fancafe they will have their first comeback stage on Mnet‘s M!Countdown program. The group will also participate in the other weekly music shows.

The original allkpop article has disappeared though. Dunno what that's about.

Selane

questionmark rejoice!

The original allkpop article has disappeared though. Dunno what that's about.

I don't know where that quintet thing is coming from, but they definitely only have four members now. It's been obvious for a while, plus they confirmed it recently during that livechat they had at Melanie's house.

Kabuto

New here. Mad props to orangecaramel for the OT. Must have taken ages to put together. Has introduced me to a few new groups.

Hello! Welcome to the thread!

I put Hyoyeon in front of Sooyoung.
Come at me.

Sooyoung is awesome, but I stan Suzy!!!

tumblr_mbyllbvSyU1qm58yu.gif

I don't think anyone has a problem with her as a personality. She's a little loud, but she also doesn't mind putting her self out there and getting clowned on / doesn't take stuff back firing personally.

But i could literally wrap my hand around her entire thigh, and i don't care what you body type is, thats not healthy.

Agreed. Some days she looks alright but most days she does look pretty skinny. If she just eats a little more
she'll be beating Fany in my rankings

don't diss the goddess in this thread bro
:p

Vanty, Phono, SwimmingGear, and I are way ahead of you buddy :d

I'll catch up with you guys soon.
tumblr_mhj1z1IeLW1r61yvqo1_250.gif

edit: bless you Dice for that Krystal bomb

Dice

Her belly button is usually shallow. Not saying that's good or bad, just an observation.

She is really thin though, like not sure if naturally skinny or unhealthy thin. Thus I prefer fit x healthy.

There are a few such as this.

(._.)

Banned
I think krystal is healthy, thin and just fine. she is has a tiny/petite frame and is really fit. she is a tad tall too (for asian female) which is also a major plus. I think I could carry her around on my back for hours w/o getting tired.

Tokyno

Neo Member
I think krystal is healthy, thin and just fine. she is has a tiny/petite frame and is really fit. she is a tad tall too (for asian female) which is also a major plus. I think I could carry her around on my back for hours w/o getting tired.

tumblr_m41j3lmv8f1qbh0yco1_250.gif

vanty

Seung Ah from Rainbow. Usually looks a lot worse than that so don't expect much from an image search.

By the way if that is what they're actually wearing for their comeback, it dominates the similar look SNSD had for Gee. Like a million times better.

Dice

Don't listen to Vanty. His favorite is Yoonhye.

Seungah has always been damn fine.

E7gihBf.jpg

ibq8In5QXSnOh9.jpg

ibou9P9am8VKoW.gif

pixie8rflm2.gif

ibxOU7HNEJfaiG.gif

iQUakKbcRvZNG.gif

ibilGy7qU1sUr4.gif

i6rI6MwJJvTtN.gif

Niks

What?! She rocked that look.

taeyeon-girls-generation-taiwan-12.jpg

ig5gfC5vYc4G3.gif

Dice

What?! She rocked that look.
Yeah no. You are posting version 3.0. I said when they went to Japan. Here is 2.0 from Bad Girl.

KGLeMzg.jpg

1.0 was even greasier looking than that. I don't have the heart to dig it up.

Let's just live happily right now in the second golden age of Taeyeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom