• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mhvaayrfBa1qblw3lo1_r1_500.gif

Peru

The EXID MV is for a subunit - DASONI - Solji and Hani. EXID without LE? Good luck, but should be interesting.

Japan ranks SNSD members

Total: 26,456 votes
1. Jessica
2. Yoona
3. Taeyeon
4. Seohyun
5. Tiffany
6. Hyoyeon
7. Sooyoung
8. Yuri <- Dafuq Japan? Really?
9. Sunny

Tempted to quote dokish right now.

Gotta give it too Taeyeon, she definitely has the best expressions of all idols I know. There should be a tumblr dedicated to her expressions alone. Such a goldmine of funny and cute expressions.

Eyeline is Nana's solo song :)

Eyeline is pretty great. But Lizzy
s solo
> Nana
s solo

UFgX5Y0.jpg

So that means EXID are filming a new MV? This song maybe? It's alright I guess, but a big drop down still.

1. HOLY SHIT Solji looks freaking gorgeous in that picture.
2. This concept for a mv? YES PLEASE.
3. EXID machine gunning songs pleases me greatly.
4. That song for the ost, it's good. Probably their weakest song so far though, even worse than Whoz That Girl pt. 2.

edit:

The EXID MV is for a subunit - DASONI - Solji and Hani. EXID without LE? Good luck, but should be interesting.

QKaD9.jpg

Peru

Group lacks personality without her. I always said she should be a solo project although I've grown to like the others.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
A group doesn't just need personality, they need appealing personality.

vanty

Didn't Sistar become far more successful after Sistar19? Maybe that's what they're trying to emulate with EXID since they unfortunately haven't been a big commercial success so far.

Yoonhye slowly turns into old Hyosung in this ahah

4gx89K8.jpg

Dice

I don't think there was any real big jump for Sistar. They have been on a pretty steady upward slope from the beginning. EXID is probably just following the more general trend. I mean you have Sistar19, Taetiseo, and 2yoon, but also several guy groups have done subunit projects (GD & TOP probably most notable) and Troublemaker was a crossover subunit. Orange Caramel was so successful they are pretty much their own thing now.

No No Eul

Keep fighting the good fight, Peru.

ibsOL2rxEbGxjJ.gif

Is that from deviant art?

The first one is. The other came from here although the artist, Ceffany, can also be found on deviantART.

So was there a new Soshi TV appearance this week? I seem to see some new gifs on tumblr.

Their Beatles Code episode and the first half of the Strong Heart Special aired earlier in the week according to Soshified. Their appearance on Shinhwa Broadcast will air tomorrow.

BCoukAZCEAAOuQJ.jpg:large

The stuff you get from the Japan concerts.

I really like those outfits. Almost any one of them would have been preferable to the uniforms they wore for the last Japanese album's promotional material.

Dice

YAY

jt5QXc6.gif

I have a ridiculous amount of her on my tumblr but I am lazy about tagging and don't feel like digging through my archive for a megapost.

luso

The 2011 concerts were amazing so I'm hoping these concerts can live up to those.

I hope so. Apparently there aren't any solos this time, all songs are soshi ones.

Time Machine fancam

1. "Flower Power"
"Animal"
"Boomerang"
"The Boys" (Japanese version)
"I Got a Boy" (Japanese version)
"Say Yes"
"Dancing Queen"
"Mr. Taxi" (Remix) (Japanese version)
"Express 999"
"Genie" (Japanese version)
"I'm a Diamond"
"T.O.P"
"Bad Girl"
"Paparazzi"
"Run Devil Run" (Japanese version)
"Reflection
"Time Machine"
"All My Love is for you"
"My J"
"The Great Escape"
"Kissing You"
"Way To Go!"
"Gee" (Japanese version)
"Not Alone"
"Beep Beep"
"Oh!" (Japanese version)
"Stay Girls"
28. "Girls & Peace"

I don't think there was any real big jump for Sistar. They have been on a pretty steady upward slope from the beginning. EXID is probably just following the more general trend. I mean you have Sistar19, Taetiseo, and 2yoon, but also several guy groups have done subunit projects (GD & TOP probably most notable) and Troublemaker was a crossover subunit. Orange Caramel was so successful they are pretty much their own thing now.

Many subunits are getting some success, same as some solos in last year. Big groups aren't in demand nowadays, big rookie groups are doomed, adding to the excessive numbers of groups.

I really like those outfits. Almost any one of them would have been preferable to the uniforms they wore for the last Japanese album's promotional material.

Sooo much better than the cover "art" of the album which was atrocious and had a fake feeling.

I hate them. Just like "pranks" you do to people in their sleep and hazing, they are nothing more than people being dicks for no reason. Behavior that derives pleasure from hurting or demeaning others should never be condoned.

I also don't like those pranks but from the description was probably not too harsh, not reaching insulting levels, maybe is inoffensive and similar to Yuri's in RM?

BCqVOnLCUAAPyXG.jpg

Dice

Many subunits are getting some success, same as some solos in last year. Big groups aren't in demand nowadays, big rookie groups are doomed, adding to the excessive numbers of groups.
The thing I question is the style of this subunit. Generally, the thing that is great about subunits is that less people allows you to experiment a lot more and deviate from the group's signature style while letting fans see you get more creative. Like, all of After School doing an Orange Caramel would just be waaay too much, and 4minute doing 24/7 as their new single would make people think they lost their minds/identity. Sistar19 isn't too different from Sistar, but it's obviously more sensual where as Sistar generally weighs on the party side. This EXID project so far feels like it will be EXID with less girls, so I'm not sure how it'll go, especially since EXID doesn't have much of an established identity to begin with. It should, at least, not fail as hard as Jewelry S did.

neoism

I hope so. Apparently there aren't any solos this time, all songs are soshi ones.

Time Machine fancam
seen that vid earlier today.. what album is time machine on never heard it before
o man can't wait for the bluray... lol IGAB Japanese version... could never listen to that...
1. "Flower Power"
"Animal"
"Boomerang"
"The Boys" (Japanese version)
"I Got a Boy" (Japanese version)
"Say Yes"
"Dancing Queen"
"Mr. Taxi" (Remix) (Japanese version)
"Express 999"
"Genie" (Japanese version)
"I'm a Diamond"
"T.O.P"
"Bad Girl"
"Paparazzi"
"Run Devil Run" (Japanese version)
"Reflection
"Time Machine"
"All My Love is for you"
"My J"
"The Great Escape"
"Kissing You"
"Way To Go!"
"Gee" (Japanese version)
"Not Alone"
"Beep Beep"
"Oh!" (Japanese version)
"Stay Girls"
28. "Girls & Peace"
great set list... damn would give everythang to be there
also watched strong heart it was terrible.. the girls really didn't get much time to talk.. wish beatles code would come out all really

Dice

That would make more sense if it were Soyoung, formerly of AS. &#49548; and&#49688; are very different sounds.

neoism

That would make more sense if it were Soyoung, formerly of AS. &#49548; and&#49688; are very different sounds.

Time machine is from a repack of Japanese Album.
Lol that failed memo, she's Soo.

:( i didn't make it just found it on allkpop thought it was funny... I noticed it too but was to lazy to fix it.. Sooyoung's good ppls...hope she has a great bday.. as if that would be hard for someone in SNSD

Dice

Fuck that shit anyway. Naeun is the superior birthday girl here.

WHAMMY

iMYpB0zt4oqyT.gif

syoaran

&#49352;&#54644;&#48373;&#47566;&#51060;&#48155;&#51004;&#49464;&#50836; my fellow GAF'ers.

Got to say, I love this time of year:
uofzb.jpg

Alta1r

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7eQZJ83T4s Just imagine he said kpopgaf instead ;)

Korean netizens bitch about everything.

"omg she's not [fake] smiling on a show and looks angry, we demand apologies! (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531; "

Whoa, new avy. And it's not Krystal. I didn't even recognize you at first. Who is it?

Jaekyung... @_____@

ibtj3Of0ioFB9o.gif

I had her at #3 actually. That spot is usually Sica's but IGaB Yuri is one of the 8th wonders of the world. I think the reason why we don't hear much about Yuri is coz there's no need to argue about it. Anybody who hates on Yuri was probably castrated and completely lost their minds.

Amen. Yuri post summer 2011 has been on fire. She's sexier than my top 3 Soshi combined, but I still can't put her above any of Yoong, Taeng or Sica. But still...

inv6QEvxq06Lx.gif

tumblr_mhz4g4EOPU1r0igmuo2_500.gif

Alta1r

tumblr_lq4anh1uww1qht847.gif

Haha so my friend's theory is now confirmed. One of my friends said that all the idols I stan are people who love to eat, I knew Ailee and Eunji are big eaters and now this is confirmation that Fany is a big eater as well lol.

I wonder what I can tempt Fany with... Ailee can't say no to meat and Eunji loves her tangerines, maybe I can tempt her with a classic double double from In N Out?

Lol. She's a socal girl. Definitely In-N-Out. Shit, I miss that a month in any time I leave Cali. She's out on the other side of the world..

Communion.

tumblr_mhz4g4EOPU1r0igmuo3_500.gif

Loll, that got me. Nice one.

tumblr_mhyzu3gWd81s2zrxso1_500.jpg

Alta1r

i4FBMniNtMNlI.gif

Dizzamn Nana...

It's impossible to predict anything but yeah I think it's smarter to go for Europe with KARA. Get some dance tune out and trending in continental Europe and next summer it may be a hit in the UK and around the world.

Down. Send Kara to Europe and Soshi to Hong Kong and I'll be happy. ^^

jXKdFAaK9HQ53.jpg

I thought the eyes were just a bad angle the first time, but wtf...

tumblr_mhyz35t25V1qblz41o1_500.png

catmincer

This Rainbow comeback had better be awesome. I really liked their Japanese album so I have high hopes they might actually strike it big this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom