• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selane

I miss their high energy "Mach" and "A" days.

A and Mach were from Sweetune so it goes without saying that they were awesome. But DSP was like 'those songs flopped, clearly they were bad' *tries to write own songs and fails*

No, they were good songs and they only went nowhere because DSP doesn't even try to market Rainbow properly, much less know how to.

Salazar

IPuEDEm.gif

HANt4mc.gif

(._.)

Banned
:confused: new rainbow song doesn't sound any worse than like 60% of the other girl group singles you guys put on pedestals. at least it wasn't any worse than Hello Venus' singles. still love my ladies.

(._.)

Banned
^ somebody in here will eventually that is equivalently delusional as guys itt that pretend not to jerk off to a pink

Ashhong

Instantly reminded me of Shy Boy and Girls Day. Decent in their own right, but terrible and outdated for Rainbow. What a shame.

catmincer

So I actually listened to the whole Rainbow album

Golden touch - sounds like 80s pop music (This is a good thing).
Close Your Eyes- is a generic ballad
Tell me tell me - Isn't as bad as everyone says, listen to it a few times, it's fun.
Cosmic Girl - This is definitely the standout track. Sounds like something After School would do. I really like it, it should have been the lead track easily! FAIL DSP.
A Story You Never Knew But I Know - Is another upbeat pop track, reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it.
In Love - Boring, but shows off their voices quite well.

Peru

Eh, it's still true. SNSD and KARA both did solid numbers last year and are still among the better selling artists in Japan in general, but markedly less than the year before. Couldn't replicate peak success with the singles either.

catmincer

Wait.

Which one are you talking about? they had 2 albums out recently in .jp

And i think thats a silly statement considering all the sold out solo concerts they've just had there.

Still, falling album sales aren't ideal.

According to Wiki

Girls Talk - 500K
Supergirl - 778K
Girls Forever - 119K

That is a massive drop, obviously it's not just Kara, SNSD have the same trend...

Girls' Generation - 872K
Girls and Peace - 188K

The point is DSP would be screwed without Kara, if anything happened to them they have no backup, Rainbow are their best bet but they screw them over.

Edit: For lols

2NE1 - Collection 41K
After School - Playgirlz 28.5K
Rainbow - Over the Rainbow 31K
4Minute - Diamond 12K
Secret - Welcome to Secret Time 11K :(

giri

Both finished in top 10 for female artists in terms of over all units solid i believe. Which is pretty insane.

I think i'ts pretty crazy to say their popularity is falling just because of one average selling album.

Particularly when you look at their concert success later in the year.

To say they're on the decline in .jp is a ... stretch.

But yes, DSP is pretty reliant upon them.

In conclusion

Put nicole on IY3 plz.

And base IY3 it in Australia.

Ashhong

Both finished in top 10 for female artists in terms of over all units solid i believe. Which is pretty insane.

I think i'ts pretty crazy to say their popularity is falling just because of one average selling album.

Particularly when you look at their concert success later in the year.

To say they're on the decline in .jp is a ... stretch.

But yes, DSP is pretty reliant upon them.

In conclusion

Put nicole on IY3 plz.

And base IY3 it in Australia.

Will there even be an IY3? Didn't IY2 bomb pretty hard in the ratings?

Chesskid1

Banned

ya, cancelled due to low ratings.

many people predicting kpop will die in japan because of oversaturation (every group is going now), sales dropping a ton for kara/snsd, and political tension between j/sk. too hard to predict, though.

dsp even gave rainbow an ugly physical album

Peru

This does cast light on how terrible allkpop are when they try to do make editorial content

If history really does repeat itself, I can really see “Tell Me, Tell Me” marking a pivotal point in Rainbow’s career in the same way that “Rock U” or “Pretty Girl” did for KARA.

neoism

Eh, it's still true. SNSD and KARA both did solid numbers last year and are still among the better selling artists in Japan in general, but markedly less than the year before. Couldn't replicate peak success with the singles either.

the physical version sold like 300k or so right... wonder what all including digital and just the single are..... they do have all year to sale though... they need to stop only releasing one single..... guess they are counting dancing queen :/ wonder about from girls and piece....
irWKAzpaDRj06.gif

giri

Ipswich, lol

U0MPDui.gif

Why do you hate me Sal? I thought we were cool.

ya, cancelled due to low ratings.

Yeah, it never rated well at all. I believe it rated better once it re-launched but it was never the powerhouse that IY1 was. Not even close. It's the stereo-type for a completely fucked up and poorly managed show. the best example of how to take a great concept, change it entirely, and ruin the brand.

Outside of not being in seoul and having only female idols, the 2 shows weren't similar in the slightest.

vanty

Yeah she's not looking her best there.

Anyway

2min0 ‏@missA_min
I think I wanna make Harlem shake video.
Hopefully Suzy and Fei are involved. I'm sure old JYP wouldn't be able to resist jumping in as well.

W_Dreamer

Yeah, it never rated well at all. I believe it rated better once it re-launched but it was never the powerhouse that IY1 was. Not even close. It's the stereo-type for a completely fucked up and poorly managed show. the best example of how to take a great concept, change it entirely, and ruin the brand.

Outside of not being in seoul and having only female idols, the 2 shows weren't similar in the slightest.

Its like FO2 compared to FO1...its the dynamics of the cast that makes or breaks the show.

Yeah she's not looking her breast there.

Fixed...? lol

j/k

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hopefully Suzy and Fei are involved. I'm sure old JYP wouldn't be able to resist jumping in as well.
And Jo Kwon.... and a lot more JYP people. It just seems like their style of thing to do. Since they are a company and very visible JYP would have to pay for the use of the song, though.

No No Eul

What the hell, DSP. That song is massively underwhelming to say the least. Like Peru said yesterday, sent to die.

allkpop said:
If history really does repeat itself, I can really see “Tell Me, Tell Me” marking a pivotal point in Rainbow’s career in the same way that “Rock U” or “Pretty Girl” did for KARA.

i3KRrqJkaj4H9.gif

Hopefully T-ara will start pulling themselves together this year.
Dani's still waiting in the wings though...

Talking of T-ara, the producers of the drama 'Five Fingers' who unceremoniously fired Eunjung last year have issued an apology, although they seem to concerned less with apologising and more with getting themselves removed from the actor union's blacklist.

id43FJoYIogl2.gif

Ring Ma Bell is now stuck in my head.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What's with the Hello Venus trash talking all of the sudden? Their songs don't sound like this. It's more like Heart 2 Heart, though I'm pretty sure there was some other shit that's closer, maybe some shitty 2NE1 song or rookie group I tried to ignore. Anyway judging from these pics on tumblr, it looks like Sookie's pulling a Hyuna. Sad times.

Peru

The two latest Hello Venus singles have been as forgettable as this. But Hello Venus was always an uninspired idea, so this shit hurts 10 x more.

Alta1r

One of my favorite gifs ever:

ixvxwCzdw4qZW.gif

Because... you know... it's just so random...

Unnecessarily censored version. Victoria's reaction in the back is even more hilarious this way. Lol.

Bollywood! Is there a video/gif of rijji and/or Nana doing this?

Isn't she supposed to look more like a woman whenever f(x) is gonna do a comeback? I'm hoping this isn't true or I'm gonna be really confused lol.

tumblr_mc067tcWA71rdctmno1_500.gif

Yeah, it'll be interesting seeing her try to be a woman, start blurring some lines out there.

lol Sica
tumblr_mi412e2IBU1qaeerfo2_500.jpg

Alta1r

Not bad. A little too cute for my taste, but not turrible either. I'm relieved Jaekyung's hair was just a gig for part of the MV and not permanent, but I can't watch that video. Too many times enjoying watching sexy Jaekyung and then suddenly being ambushed by shots of the other one.

It's a mess and not even a hot mess.

tumblr_ljsqktt4dG1qcnahpo1_250.gif

OC creates more entertainment than DSP.
ORJEIwi.jpg

LOL, ryants, did you flag this as spam?

ibt3wjfCEpQsOh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom