• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatsuki

iGc7Xg9mtVw5u.gif
iBUMGe20piqNs.gif

iLQULQeUnjzxz.gif
indSpMfmNSMq.gif

So I actually listened to the whole Rainbow album

Golden touch - sounds like 80s pop music (This is a good thing).
Close Your Eyes- is a generic ballad
Tell me tell me - Isn't as bad as everyone says, listen to it a few times, it's fun.
Cosmic Girl - This is definitely the standout track. Sounds like something After School would do. I really like it, it should have been the lead track easily! FAIL DSP.
A Story You Never Knew But I Know - Is another upbeat pop track, reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it.
In Love - Boring, but shows off their voices quite well.

So I gave the album a listen, and it's pretty lackluster... No terrible songs, but not a single great song either. It's all alright to slightly above average.

many people predicting kpop will die in japan because of oversaturation (every group is going now), sales dropping a ton for kara/snsd, and political tension between j/sk. too hard to predict, though.

I remember when the minister of culture (or something) started bitching about Japan not liking Gangnam Style. I am surprised anyone in Japan would buy anything Korean after that.

Also, Huh Gak just released the MV (featuring Apink's Hayoung) for 1440 a few days ago. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbv-gQrqx2E

I think the song is kind of fun.

Songs good and Hayoung is gorgeous.

Source?

Dasoni MV

Don't see the point of a sub-unit when people don't even know the full group though.

Songs alright. On the weaker side as far as EXID songs go though. This is still a terrible idea. Concept is sexy as hell though.

My god that's an ugly smile.

And in other news Heo Chanmi is leaving CCM and might join a new company, which is awesome. She may or may not have been involved in the whole Soomi bullying thing, but I don't want to lose an awesome female vocalist so I'll be happy if she shows up again eventually.

If she truly took part in the bullying then she can fuck right off. Shocking too see so many here on GAF that are willing to overlook this.

Felt bad for Eunji though, she usually loses to Gaeun from Dal Shabet, this year Gaeun took third but some new girl from AOA stopped Eunji from having her chance at winning :(

No, Jisoo from Tahiti won.

Definitely don't rule out Yookyung. She is much more lovely in video and especially lights up when she laughs. She's a girl next door type and has great English skill.

Isn't she an heiress?

I know I'm missing like 5+. anybody to add to the list?

D Ace

I'm hanging out here until the Sony PS4 event. BTW I'm still looking for my top 3 lol
yuri looks cute

You're off to a good start my friend. Now try some Soyu of Sistar.

Not necessarily. The video is bad because the original singer isn't on it even though the title clearly states ft. Ailee. It's basically telling Ailee that she has a great voice but is too ugly to be featured in a video.

Isn't her part played by someone else in the Baechigi mv too? Her face is pretty plain, but this is a weird practice.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Isn't she an heiress?
Not what I meant. She doesn't have the model look, doesn't have a strong personality like Bomi but also isn't shy like Naeun, she is unassuming and engages well with those around her. There probably isn't much that would grab your interest at first but over time she shows herself to be a nice person with little drawbacks. On A Pink News they talk about the PD favoring her and that's probably why.

Isn't her part played by someone else in the Baechigi mv too? Her face is pretty plain, but this is a weird practice.
That was Jiwon, who I think was a better fit for singing it, too. It was a schedule issue with the MV then.

RubyFaith

oooooooo, that Eunji gif (the kissing one) from That Winter is a total spoiler but I can't even front because I saw it coming from miles away.

The drama is pretty typical but it has the perfect cast.

+

tumblr_mim83mCyQk1qbckpfo1_400.gif
tumblr_mim83mCyQk1qbckpfo2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_mim83mCyQk1qbckpfo6_400.gif
tumblr_mim83mCyQk1qbckpfo5_400.gif

tumblr_mim83mCyQk1qbckpfo3_400.gif
tumblr_mim83mCyQk1qbckpfo4_400.gif

Cuddler

I really wanna share music in here coz I still listen to lots of korean music,

but this thread is full of nothing but idols. -_-

anyways, this is my latest favorite singer, please listen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akecs2cmkpk

Han Soa. another one of her incredible songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0koKS5aS-2c

one more piece of music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAd57yZKulA

off Roller Coaster's 4th.

this is probably one of my favorite korean songs ever of all time.

like, ever. I'm glad someone finally recently upped it into youtube so I can share it with ppl

But...but I always post about 2BiC, they are great singers. :(

vanty

But...but I always post about 2BiC, they are great singers. :(
That's why many people probably just glance past your posts. You should try to at least mix it up 50/50 with the sort of stuff that you know people want to see instead of just pushing one very niche thing all the time.

Like I don't just post my opinions all the time, instead I post a lot of images from twitter.

No No Eul

I've just been watching the first Go Joon Hee episode of WGM and this song by YeonGene really caught my attention. It's quite old but I'd not heard it before. Lovely stuff.

allkpop said:
What’s the difference between Sooyoung’s edited and unedited photos?

ivU9XPT0G6qEv.jpg

Absolutely nothing.

Everyone knows Sooyoung has incredibly long and slim legs, but did you know they need absolutely no photoshop? She’s got such a perfect model figure with her lanky limbs and tall height, that her ‘unedited’ and ‘edited’ photos don’t look different at all.

As the tallest and thinnest member of Girls’ Generation, she’s often called the model of the group, and this set of pictures just seems to prove that point.

Although some may question if Sooyoung is too thin, but the fact is that the idol has revealed that no matter how she tries, she is just not able to put on weight like many of us can (err..lucky us?).

It always surprises me whenever allkpop writes something even vaguely opinionated, rather than just translating the usual sycophantic garbage. I wish they'd try writing their own material more often.

Cutie Song by Hari. It's pretty aegyo-tastic so probably not to everyone's tastes. :D

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
lol at SHINee comeback performance, lyp sincing with double mics. Choreography looks good live. It's going to be epic when they start singing live.

Sera wants something...
SM groups always lip sync their first week of performances :) i'm sure many other groups too but SM is the obvious one.

Cuddler

That's why many people probably just glance past your posts. You should try to at least mix it up 50/50 with the sort of stuff that you know people want to see instead of just pushing one very niche thing all the time.

Like I don't just post my opinions all the time, instead I post a lot of images from twitter.

I don't really think that I or anyone else should need to do that to be more considered. I don't think I have real interested in posting images that I'm not interested in just to be more considered, I just don't follow those idols closely. I think the majority of people over here that are fans already have all the possible source of photo and videos, I simply don't have any of that, and there are people that already do this kind of posts. Perhaps I should post more about my opinions on music/news because that's the thing that I can possibly be interested but I can't say the same about idol appearance because I think that the majority (if not all) of the girls posted here are really good looking, but It can't be more than that for me. My precedent post was more about the fact that JEKKI was "complaining" that this thread was only about idols. I know a lot of the people that post here, I read this thread every day, I was on irc some times, and the majority of people were always really nice with me. I can say that the majority of them are interested in music too, and I agree with giri that IRC take away a lot of things from here even if it's some time that I don't join there (I will return soon!!!). Obviously there are people over here more/only interested in looking at the pictures/videos/variety show but I think there's nothing wrong with that.

Selane

Very LTTP and just realized dokish got banned lol.

I think we all knew dokish would get banned eventually, but we always assumed that it would be do to his perverted/stalkerish tendencies. So funny that it ended up being some racist tirade out of left field that got him banned.

Double mics is a first, though.

Didn't Kara use those dumb standing mics for their Step performances?

Pendulum

tumblr_lsgi8qsJ9m1qkjogco1_500.gif

How could I forget that.

tumblr_lr2c48MCmr1qcjvofo1_r1_500.gif

Speaking of which, does anyone know what show performance it was where they performed Step and Hara had semi-circles cut out of her costume, just above her hips? I remember that performance, but can't find it on YouTube any more. Costumes may have been grey or black/white?

Selane

Speaking of which, does anyone know what show performance it was where they performed Step and Hara had semi-circles cut out of her costume, just above her hips? I remember that performance, but can't find it on YouTube any more. Costumes may have been grey or black/white?

110923 Music Bank http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgLLgwUCwy4 Yellow/black?
110925 Inkigayo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiinKbffudY Black/silver(featuring the same pants Jessica wore in the Run Devil Run video, lol)
110929 MCountdown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amtm62T9M-E ditto
110930 Music Bank Green/black, can't find good quality on Youtube

The rest were just regular tops that showed her whole stomach.

FFFFFFF damn those were some hot outfits. Good thing you gave me an excuse to go look through my Kara archives again.

Sometimes they got a little too colorful, though...

Dice

Sica is the one who knows how to be a superstar.

qU5sqXD.jpg

Are those staff members behind her?

giri

Eh, nothing he posted was worse than anything anyone else had really.

But that's what you get for having a reputation and why it's semi-important the thread doesn't get one.

Dice

Part reputation and part group focus. Once you get a few people on you all "wtf dude" you can't just keep at it. That's why some others got away with similar stuff and he didn't. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the people reacting to him had sent a PM to a mod.

Somebody tell me if this is subbed, quick!!

Yoong with glasses

Holy shit. If Yoona wore glasses all day err day, I might just start stanning her.

Also, that Verbal Jint song with Ailee... the piano intro and outro is goddamn amazing. Sound wise, it's the best thing I've heard so far this year.

Processing is usually a hit or miss for me, but I actually love how they brightened Ailee's voice here. It's naturally warm and darker sounding, but they turned up the treble just enough here that it still sounds natural and it acts as a really nice contrast against that darker sounding piano. I'd actually love it if Ailee did more brighter sounding songs like this, her warm voice sounds very clean and perfect all the time, but once processed it starts to sound very raw and there's some grit that you never hear. It's just refreshing to hear imo.

As an audio engineer, I'd never thought I'd say that but I just did lol. I usually never overprocess vocals when I'm in the studio... it's usually just a little bit of compression and reverb, but I might start doing this now on warmer voices and see if it'll have the same effect as it does to Ailee's voice. It sounds really awesome when done properly.

Alta1r

park min young

Park-Min-Young-park-min-young-30806134-500-667.jpg

Looking mighty fine!

I know we hardly talk video games in this thread, but is anyone here gonna watch the Sony Press Conference tomorrow? the meltdowns in gaming section should crash this whole place down

This was the highlight of my week. I can't wait to pick this up.

Lol you never know. Knowing how infamous GAF is on the internets, we probably already have lurkers on here that know everything.

Lol. Never cross streams. If Min knows, it's only a matter of time before Ailee, Eunji and Fany get on.

tumblr_minhyppblG1r16otgo1_250.gif
tumblr_minhyppblG1r16otgo2_250.gif

Perfect view of Sunkyu.

Alta1r

Gaf? Dice and Conceptor?

plhKK7b.jpg

dFWAPqV.jpg

LOL. Concm8, "oh gosh" ??? 왜?

5dolls comeback has me hyped. Even without endearingly crazy Chanmi.

Can some kindly genius hook me up with a transparent Kady Adoum Douass avatar ?

afrosomething-article0ap1p.png

Who is this? And why do you want her as your avy?

Let's stop wasting time and just get to what really matters, rank SNSD:

Whew. It took me a second to remember you weren't ranking them, just posting them in order like you usually do. I was going to say...

tumblr_mimih9Yzpx1s4ep28o8_400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom