• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXPett1

Everything about that picture is completely shopped to shit.

OMG-review-8.gif

That GIF needs to die

nope_punk.gif

Peru

Only One summary: #10 on the Oricon but #6 on the digital charts, the Recochoku, bodes well for regular people taking to the song even as her core fanbase is smaller than before.

Make note of the fact that stock issues affected the Oricon trajectory and messed up some sales: 9-10-12-6-14-24-10

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I thought the potential new members instead debuted as Jevice.
Jevice debuted in July 2012 and Jihae left in Oct 2012 so I'm not sure where you read that O_O

edit:

iPhone_1.jpg

Girl’s Day Vol. 1 – Expectation
Tracklist
01. Girl’s Day World (Intro)
02. 기대해 (Expectation)
03. I Don’t Mind
04. Easy Go
05. 그녀를 믿지마 (Don’t Trust Her)
06. White Day
07. 어쩜 좋아 (Oh, Great!)
08. 반짝반짝 (Twinkle Twinkle)
09. 한번만 안아줘 (Hug Me Once)
10. Oh! My God!
11. 나를 잊지마요 (Don’t Forget Me)
12. 너 한눈 팔지마! (Don’t Let Your Eyes Wander!) (Remix Club Ver.)
13. 기대해 (Expectation) (MR)
14. White Day (MR)

Cuddler

Some 2BiC update!

2BiC live Lotte World 130302
Really great live performance (they singed Love Again, Did you forget everything and Promise You), a funny interview and Ji Hwan asking for Jun Hyung hand at 13:52 while singing Promise You. lol
If any of you are interested in the same channel you can find the Crayon Pop live too at the same event.

Immortal Song 2 with 2BiC 130309 preview for an unknown reason linking at a certain time doesn't work with this video, the preview start at 15:24.
You can see them singing a little and...dancing??? I can't wait to see them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Where is Nothing Last Forever?
In the past, off being completely incongruous with what became their signature sound, produced by an American that would likely be a hassle to ever work with again.

Edgeward

Ml5T1Uq.gif
9ny7mWp.gif

5ttJm5j.gif
zT4Arnn.gif

lRVWDxC.gif
Swemsi7.gif

And the Girl's day gif is right there with the Ninja Turtle gif and both can go fuck off. Take 2 seconds and find a different gif

Dice

Okay so we have something searchable: Ladies Code members identification (we should do this with debuts)

MV: http://youtu.be/UXQFmGiZX2k
QOQh1Vm.jpg

From left to right, Sojung, Rise, Ashley, EunB and Zuny

Some friends said the following:

Sojung looks a lot like Hyoyeon, maybe sometimes a bit like Yenny. One insane person thinks she looks 50% Hyeri and somewhat Lizzy.

Rise shares some looks with Sohee, Yewon, and Solbi.

Ashley looks like a thicker, not as cute Yoo In Na (to be fair, In Na is goddess level, so it ain't bad)

EunB kind of looks like Nana (in the MV, not here) and Taeyeon of She'z (who kind of looks like Nana anyway) but not really anyone else.

Zuny has a really unique look.

imnana

Neo Member
Don't know what you're talking about, it's great.

Just not my thing, I've never been into whatever genre Lee Hi's stuff would be classed as, I didn't like 1.2.3.4 either. It's ok once in a while, I liked Special though. My taste in music is questionable.

Nana:
tumblr_mj8uhd85Tf1r76yg4o2_400.jpg
tumblr_mj8uhd85Tf1r76yg4o3_400.jpg
tumblr_mj8uhd85Tf1r76yg4o4_400.jpg

Dice

Just not my thing, I've never been into whatever genre Lee Hi's stuff would be classed as
I don't think "boring shit" is a genre.

This situation with Lee Hi is so bad that I'd rather hear the same songs done by CL. Her voice is annoying as fuck but as least she has charisma. Lee Hi not only lacks any, she seems to remove any existing charisma from the atmosphere.

Stop it with the shit rumors.

As of right now there is not going to be anybody new to Girl's Day.
Yeah they did say there were undecided on whether or not they would.

Minah

Neo Member

This situation with Lee Hi is so bad that I'd rather hear the same songs done by CL. Her voice is annoying as fuck but as least she has charisma. Lee Hi not only lacks any, she seems to remove any existing charisma from the atmosphere.

dreamtea has stated multiple times on dai5y.com that they would listen to the fans, and the fans have been telling them no.

this isn't ccm, and their ceo isn't kks.

imnana

Neo Member

You said what I wanted to say. I was trying to be nice.

luso

Checked Gaon charts and very poor sales overall for any girl group, only SNSD and Sistar19 relevant with around 10,000 sales for February, not even T-ara or 2NE1 are there.

Actually very few girls groups are even appearing at all in the chart, too many boys groups. Not a surprise about this but the girl group era, which peaked in 2010-11, is over.

Peru

Checked Gaon charts and very poor sales overall for any girl group, only SNSD and Sistar19 relevant with around 10,000 sales for February, not even T-ara or 2NE1 are there.

Actually very few girls groups are even appearing at all in the chart, too many boys groups. Not a surprise about this but the girl group era, which peaked in 2010-11, is over.

The Gaon album chart is irrelevant. It tells you nothing about mainstream popularity. Only focus on the digital charts.

Also why would 2NE1 and T-ara be there in February? With what release?

Girl groups are still much more likely to land big hits than boy groups. In general idol groups are less popular now than two years ago, though.

luso

Actually I'm not making this observation based on last month alone. This is a trend I've noticed not only for this month, but for the entire last year. Physical sales decreased 20-25%, even without Soshi effect, for girls groups.
Even older releases had sales, both for T-ara and 2NE1, as well Kara. Now not even those are appearing.

I know digital is also very important, I don't have figures/analysis for last year, still you can't just discard Gaon charts numbers if you are looking at a trend.

Edit: actually because digital market changed this year will be harder to compare with previous years, unless someone knows how to do it.

Cuddler

Actually I'm not making this observation based on last month alone. This is a trend I've noticed not only for this month, but for the entire last year. Physical sales decreased 20-25%, even without Soshi effect, for girls groups.
Even older releases had sales, both for T-ara and 2NE1, as well Kara. Now not even those are appearing.

I know digital is also very important, I don't have figures/analysis for last year, still you can't just discard Gaon charts numbers if you are looking at a trend.
As far as I know the main Gaon chart on the official site count digital downloads and streaming too.

Edit: actually because digital market changed this year will be harder to compare with previous years, unless someone knows how to do it.

In what way it has changed? and when?

Peru

I don't discount Gaon numbers as Gaon charts both digital sales and album sales.

The boy groups sell to their core fan base, it's physical merchandise, they have the zealous fans who will buy their stuff regardless. You can use the album charts to see who's got the most active fan base but that's about it. Busker Busker savaged the charts last year with all of their album tracks appearing on the digital top 10s at the time. On the physical yearly chart they're not top 10.

EXO-K has no presence in the mainstream here yet they were the 7th best selling album artist last year.

T-ara had the 2nd most downloaded song of 2012.

Sistar's two 2012 EP's sold under 20 000, #73 and #80 on the yearly charts, yet they had two songs in the top 10 of the year, two of the biggest hits by any standard.

Yeah comparing pure digital numbers from before and now is no use, it's a new era and we still don't quite know how high the biggest hits will go and what the new norm is.

In what way it has changed? and when?

Prices have doubled for digital music services here so the numbers are quite a bit lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom