• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

luso

To be quite fair most of them are just memorising it. They do take classes to learn the language but their conversational skills are really basic and their pronunciation is distinctly Korean.

This is what happens in most of the groups. Unless they stay base in Japan, they will not learn a fluent level of Japanese.
Most Soshi struggles, expect Sooyoung who was in Japan for some years, and perfectionist Seohyun, if she has to learn something, she will do it.

tumblr_ml6vq6obzV1ryot7ro1_500.jpg

tumblr_ml6v4uc6Ok1ryot7ro1_1280.jpg

ramyeon

This is what happens in most of the groups. Unless they stay base in Japan, they will not learn a fluent level of Japanese.
Most Soshi struggles, expect Sooyoung who was in Japan for some years, and perfectionist Seohyun, if she has to learn something, she will do it.
I can't really think of any group that's very good. I'm guessing the best at the moment is Kara. But even then last time I saw them have an interview they needed interpreters.

My facebook feed is flooded with my friends' photos of the Psy concert. Makes me wish I was back in Korea and able to go with them.

vanty

Yeah they usually they just learn pronunciation and some basics. Idols who really learn the language like Seungri or I guess Seohyun aren't too common.

2NE1 did quite well from the one Japanese variety show I saw them do (that 007 one). I'm pretty sure CL is fluent and I think Minzy is pretty advanced as well.

Pendulum

Gentleman MV is hilarious. The Jaesuk scene was glorious.

Infinity Challenge mixed with Running Man (I recognise some locations such as the library and diving boards), with a straight rip of the Abracadabra dance (and did I see a move similar to what Kim Jong Kook often does?).

Concept was ok, but he could have been more of an asshole. :)

vanty

Video is pretty fun, but that's 90% because I recognise HaHa, YJS and Ga-in. Obviously won't do anything like Gangnam Style did worldwide because both the video and song aren't as good and the song isn't catchy (for non-Korean speakers at least).

ramyeon

Video is pretty fun, but that's 90% because I recognise HaHa, YJS and Ga-in. Obviously won't do anything like Gangnam Style did worldwide because both the video and song aren't as good and the song isn't catchy (for non-Korean speakers at least).
I didn't expect Gangnam Style to catch on outside of Korea either. To be honest this song seems more foreigner friendly.

Video is more hilarious too.

ramyeon

I'm not into music that sounds the same with a shittier hook. Oh well, though. Hope Psy doesn't embarrass himself too much.
He won't because so far reaction to the song is really positive.

And the dude doesn't get embarrassed, that's what he's all about bro.

ramyeon

I'm pretty sure that's rice not intestines. You can see the machine that makes it behind them.
It looked like uncooked 순대 to me, but yeah dunno. Either way it's funny.

Looking at it now it could very well be 떡 not that it matters lol.

2San

Courtesy of "suki" in IRC
http://i.minus.com/iwYjFfhdSeprU.gif[IMG]

Edit: Ohshit. suki is tatsuki, right?[/QUOTE]
So uhm, what's the original source?

edit: nvm probably from Psy's new mv.

Video and song are pretty meh, I like the women in the vid though. Ga-in is awesome.

dokish

Banned
Gentleman is not as vibrant and "fuck yeah!" vibe as Gangnam Style, but I think its good to. Not sure if it will stick with western audiences, but the style is not very different from what we are used to hear around here.

The MV is great though, and Gain alone saves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom