• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

llehuty

NOT A JUNIOR MEMBER ANYMORE

iQafecj34pIEz.gif

Yes Hyuna, I can't believe it also, but it's true.

Well, now, a bit of history.
An awesome song, BTW.

Before discovering neoGaf (including K-Pop Gaf, and consequently, k-pop), I was in a spanish gaming forum. It got closed 4 years ago. Since then, surfing the internet got quite boring.

20091121_nicolesleep_main.jpg

The I discovered neoGaf. At the beginning I was extremely shy. I spent most of my time lurking here and there, understanding how everything works and realising how different is from any other forum I had seen (at least, most of the time).

homer_lurk.gif

I registerd and waited patiently for the account to get activated

tumblr_meijr0lRXF1r1el4f.gif

Weeks passed and then I discovered K-Pop |OT3| in the depths of Community sub-forum.

Oh boy, what a great discovery. That was an explosion of information, breathtaking gifs, amazing music videos, catchy tunes and impressive choreographies. I had seen k-pop before. My first k-pop video was probably this amazing dance version of Genie (JP) . Someone posted it in facebook back in the summer of 2011.
Well, that is not completely true, my first contact with te genre was a live performance of Wonder Girls - Nobody (English ver) in So you think you can dance, but I wasn't feeling it.

Anyway, Genie. Wow, seriously. It's still my favourite k-pop song/concept.

tumblr_lzoowxJWMJ1qbniolo1_500.gif

tumblr_lj9lqr6qft1qaeebuo1_500.gif

At that time me and my friends were so confused with our bias, not being able to tell for sure which one was the same when they changed outfits. Well, mine was that girl who often got described as the 'scourer haired' one.

tumblr_la1j98ojLX1qam0cl.gif

54908819201008260639461.gif

Simply stunning.

Well I watched more videos of them... but I wasn't very impressed. I think that not being familiar with the cutesy aspect of some k-pop songs played a huge part. Then I looked for more songs and I found one song recently released was very popular and I give it a try. 2NE1 - I am the best. Well, back then I thought it was okay (now I like it), I decided to look for more songs of them given their popularity, and well... I concluded that Genie was an exception and moved back to american/european music.

tumblr_le2gwaodya1qahidbo1_500.gif

Anyway, moving forward to when I discovered this thread (last Summer). I don't remember exactly the sequence of steps, but I remember visiting this thread about DJ Max Technika featuring KARA songs and the always right first reply saying that STEP was:
One of my favorite songs of last year.

A quick search brought my here. I had plenty of free time. I don't remember the date, but SNSD had just released Paparazzi. After some days, I also discovered the great first post of OT3 (orangecaramel deserves all the respect and admiration in the world). Back then I had a slower internet connection, with a low limit cap, but I didin't care. Loaded that page and spent days clicking most of those thumbnails and enjoying every second of it.

Well, then my account got activated and, well, I... continued lurking, from the distance.

ivk4IBBTF43D4.gif

Then the day arrived. I decided to post here, although I didn't know what could I bring to the table.

This+was+how+Seungyeon+looked+like+when+chatting+with+kamilias.jpg

I mean, all of you, with your years of kpop knowledge. Me with my ignorance and stupid engrish. Well, my first post (accidentally placed at the begining of the page due to my extensive corrections of my grammar and spelling), was first read by orangecaramel.

oc.jpg

Well, not that orangecaramel, this one:

image.php

And you guys gave me an awesome welcome depite my awful Soshi ranking lol

It has being 4 months an a half, with amazing moments like
  • Following Gayo Daejuns via irc. Hilarious.
  • The Soshi rollercoaster during I got a Boy release: 'HYPE comeback!', 'Hype teaser!', 'Crap song', 'Song is OK' and 'WOW, that song is amazing'
    I actually think that T-ara subunit is going to follow the opposite reactions.
  • All the crazy polls.
  • Amazing OP for OT4.
  • Obligatory monthly discussions of plastic surgery in idols.
  • Surprise photo dumps (I miss Alta1r and his infinite resource of Yoona pics), and hilarious reactons.
  • Discovery of running man, unexpectedly an excuse for family reunions with my family.
  • The discovery of amazing songs/MV (and the obligatory gifs)
  • And knowing most all of you. Your rants, photo dumps, counter-photo dumps, your HNNNNGGGGs and also your O_______O, always hilarious.

Well, and I think that is all. Pheww, almost all evening to write that. Anything to pospone studying time, I suppose.

Oh, looks like Hammie wants to tell you something guys.

iTMUuoEDx3JvM.gif

Hellix

Is it a post count that changes your member status? I don't think I had anywhere near 300 posts when I lost my junior status, and it took like 6 months or so.

Pendulum

Edit: Ok, is official, I broke neoGaf, but no longer a junior member

I was about to reply to your "fail" post, but then NeoGaf exploded.

In any case, congratulations. :) Glad you stayed around.

tumblr_mifry45Wwg1qdcel5o2_250.gif

Speaking of Alta1r, where is he these days? I see him in IRC but not here.

And completely unrelated, Ga In reveals Psy asked her to be in “Gentleman” MV on April Fool’s Day

Ga In talked about what it felt like to star in Psy‘s “Gentleman” music video.

She was recently interviewed by SBS ‘News 8‘, where she said, “He contacted me (about being in the music video) on April Fool’s Day. So at first I thought he was just joking around. I feel so honored because this is a chance for me to be in the spotlight again.”

In another phone call interview with Yonhap News, she said, “Oppa said that he wanted someone with an Asian face that didn’t have double eyelids.”

Chesskid1

Banned
[&#53945;&#51333;&#50696;&#44256;2]<&#49828;&#54252;&#52768;&#49436;&#50872;&#45815;&#52980;>&#51060; &#50696;&#44256;&#54620; '&#50500;&#51060;&#46028; &#52964;&#54540;' &#50676;&#50528; &#45800;&#46021;&#44592;&#49324;&#47484; &#50724;&#45720; &#50724;&#51204; 11&#49884; &#48372;&#46020;&#54633;&#45768;&#45796;. &#50696;&#49244; &#49324;&#46993; &#53412;&#50892;&#44032;&#44256; &#51080;&#45716; '&#50500;&#51060;&#46028; &#52964;&#54540;' &#47084;&#48652;&#49828;&#53664;&#47532;&#50752; &#50676;&#50528; &#54788;&#51109; &#49324;&#51652;&#51012; &#44277;&#44060;&#54633;&#45768;&#45796;.

sportsseoul revealing the idol couple at 11:30am KST

t1366079400z1.png

Edgeward

Aw, llehuty's post isn't funny since he got to full member status now.

And SFB has been talking about quitting for weeks since the sub unit got announced. Twas fun seeing him throw a hissy fit and arguing with other fans.

NcpYshv.jpg

giri

Aw, llehuty's post isn't funny since he got to full member status now.

And SFB has been talking about quitting for weeks since the sub unit got announced. Twas fun seeing him throw a hissy fit and arguing with other fans.

NcpYshv.jpg

whats his problem with THIS sub unit?

aren't they all doing sub units?

seems silly.

but w/e

What the hell is up with Dramafever?

I'm watching the latest RM ep and I'm getting ads with Verizon advertising the Samsung Galaxy line of devices but it's in Chinese lolol. Had to do a double take as to what ad I was watching haha.

Also, Sica is unbelievably qt in this ep.

Edit: Now the Verizon ad is in Korean. @_____@

dokish

Banned
What the hell is up with Dramafever?

I'm watching the latest RM ep and I'm getting ads with Verizon advertising the Samsung Galaxy line of devices but it's in Chinese lolol. Had to do a double take as to what ad I was watching haha.

Also, Sica is unbelievably qt in this ep.

Edit: Now the Verizon ad is in Korean. @_____@

My flight was changed to 8:35AM or something So, pretty early to a meet up unless you live nextdoor from the airport, which I don't think its the case. :(

We'll have to meet another time!

Edgeward

whats his problem with THIS sub unit?

aren't they all doing sub units?

seems silly.

but w/e

SoyeonFanboy got mad it didn't have Soyeon. He masked it under the terms that it broke up the unity of the group. But really his main beef was that it didn't have Soyeon in it.

And if you are asking if the others not in N4 are going to do their own sub-unit, no. They said they rest would pursue their own individual activities.

TRsL6P7.gif
10oOAwL.gif
35sLpJW.gif

vid GLAM CF for Oh! Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom