• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

luso

Good job IU, someone needed to say it, stop wasting your money people. They won't listen though, I'm sure the fans will now band together to buy something she could never afford on her own.

While I think some of the gifts and offers are indeed excessive, I don't think just because they have a lot of money (well, at least the biggest names) they shouldn't receive gifts from fans.
No problem to offer some jewellery, brand accessories, clothes, small gadgets. Basically stuff that can be quite unique and truly usable.

Peru

Of course we should also separate between stars who have a lot of money (IU) and those who probably don't have more money than their fans (rookie girl group members) who deserve some charity aid.

roaSone

Do you guys ever watched a korean movie ? I watched my first one yesterday, good surprise, I think I'm hooked to it.

I watched As One - Korea, plot is about Unified Korea playing Table Tennis, it sounds weak but I somehow liked it. Ha Ji Won is the main actress.

Ym1r

Do you guys ever watched a korean movie ? I watched my first one yesterday, good surprise, I think I'm hooked to it.

I watched As One - Korea, plot is about Unified Korea playing Table Tennis, it sounds weak but I somehow liked it. Ha Ji Won is the main actress.

Go watch A Moment To Remember! RIGHT NOW! It's the saddest thing you'll ever see in your life.

ramyeon

Of course we should also separate between stars who have a lot of money (IU) and those who probably don't have more money than their fans (rookie girl group members) who deserve some charity aid.
I'd say most of those gifts are given by middle and high school aged kids though, getting money from their parents and pooling it together to buy expensive stuff.

The gifts I think are great are the fanclubs who pool money together to buy rice/coal and whatnot for charity in the name of the celebrity.

I'm so done with T-ara.

If you want to see some good thrillers, check out the following:

The Chaser
Oldboy
Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
I Saw The Devil

I also recommend the romcom My Sassy Girl.

ramyeon

Anything by Kim Ki Duk is fantastic. Probably an acquired taste though.

Ym1r

I'm not really into sad things, I'll cry like crazy if it's too sad, I'm not ashamed to say it, I'm really weak at these.

yo dude its got a happy ending tho, srs.

its aight tho I cried watching it, I was actually sitting on my couch watching it in my living room, and my aunts were crowded around the table talking about life, I hit the sad part in the movie and tears started flowing out like mad. I ran upstairs to hide my tears and continued to watch.

I recommend My Sassy Girl too, also Fighter in the Wind and Romantic Warriors.

F1smACP.png

luso

I didn't watched many korean movies, so my suggestions are limited:

In addition to the ones suggested, if you like rom-coms you can watch White Valentine, Il Mare, Windstruck, A Man Who Was Superman, all with Jeon Ji-hyun.

Barking Dogs Never Bites has dark humour, Memories of Murder and Mother are excellent crime thrillers. The Host is also a good movie, all by the same director.

You can watch Kim ki-duk ones for some artistic and gritting movies but also moving (3-iron, "Spring Summer, Autumn, Winter ... and Spring", Bad Guy, Samaria, Dream, Time, or The Island - and much more);

There's the raunchy Sex Is Zero 1 (and 2), kind of korean American Pie, first one has Ha Ji-won. 200 Pounds Beauty is also famous (and the actress is hot).
A depressive one is Christmas in August.

Watch JSA, Swiri, Silmido and Taegukgi, Friend/Chingu for thriller/crime/drama.
Avoid D-War.

Good movies from what I know, I have yet to watch: The King and the Clown, The Good, The Bad and The Weird, A Bittersweet Life, Poetry, Green Fish, Peppermint Candy, Secret Sunshine.

Edit: I also enjoyed Hahaha, it's a good comedy, clever and fun but without being silly.

Edit 2: Also Attack of the Gas Station, has Kim Soroo, Have to watch it some day.
For more, not necessarily best: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_South_Korea

roaSone

Wow, it'll take me ages to watch all of these !
First I'll check the good movies starring my favs actors/actresses and then I'll take a look to all your recommendations and watch what fits my taste.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This T-ara N4 stuff is amazing. The entire downfall of T-ara is worth it just to see this playing out now.

iEx5g7IypIX9S.gif

giri

Why are people so up in arms over the t-ara stuff?

makes no sense.

Less complaints when they spent a year in japan?

w/e.

The Fany in this page is amazing!!!

@________@

I recommend My Sassy Girl too.

I second this. I remember watching My Sassy Girl a few years ago before I got into K-Pop. Jun Ji-hyun was probably my first Korean girl crush haha. The premise of the movie is a little unreal, but it's a great movie nonetheless.

There's the raunchy Sex Is Zero 1 (and 2), kind of korean American Pie, first one has Ha Ji-won. 200 Pounds Beauty is also famous (and the actress is hot).
A depressive one is Christmas in August.

Sex Is Zero 2 isn't that great tbh. Admittedly, me and my friends watched it for the special scenes... especially Jihyo's. But the movie's plot turns into some weird shit, and while meaningful, it felt like it jumped the shark a little bit.

200 Pounds Beauty though is really good. Also Kim Ahjoong(Hana in the movie) is a qt3.14 beyond the fat suit.

45653099_200PoundsBeauty_12.JPG

Kyungri is amazing.

Indeed she is. This page needs some more as well.

I still can't get over Shinhwa killing the vogue-ing in the This Love video. Dat Eric....

Bahahaha I thought you were talking about a different kind of vogue-ing at first, then I saw the video. Oh dear lord, I wonder how they felt when their choreographer told them they were vogue-ing for this song lol. I've done it before and my man card should've been taken on the spot but it was all worth it haha.

llehuty

ALL OVER MY FACE!

I don't.

This is the first dull Vixx song I've heard.
I am disappoint.

Also, fuck Ravi. He always ruins everything with his rap.

After a few listens, I kind of agree. I like the chorus, but that rap... ugh. Definitely not as good as their other songs. Still, as always, waiting for the live performances (the choreography looks cool).

I wish she'd go on RM to promote the album but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

http://i.minus.com/ibj2MnxX6XvMHX.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom